• No way, I like it how it is!

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myth

<b><span style="color:#31BAE8;"t>Skrt Skrt</b></sp
Don't say stuff like "spend ages trying to get money" if you've just donated bruh.

It's just a stat, who knows the server owner might decide to sell those perks for in game money at a decent rate.
They're working on making the server less pay 2 win thus creating oppertunity to actually put it in game instead
of having to donate.

Now put it all aside bro, are you having fun on the server or not? Because if you do then i can understand but i doubt you do.
So you cruise around in your car all the time having fun eh? Is it really worth that much keeping your virtual money?
We could all start over and start at 0. Don't get me wrong i got stats aswell and millions but i don't care because
i had a lot more fun gaining all that then spending it.

Don't you think? Did you enjoy getting at the point you are now?

I donated ages ago, I'm just going to charge back if it resets.

Duplicate

Personally I would like to see this "new" economy system tested by our players before any action is taken regards to resetting the server. New scripts on the server always seem to be implemented with bugs galore and with such a radical change to the server, I feel this new system should be tested well before it is implemented.

Without the new system tested and explained fully to the community your asking members to give away all their properties, cash and cars with no proven results that the new system works and works well.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
im pretty sure there was an economy system that was suggested by spark and bilbo but of course, it didnt go through like a lot of other things that would benefit the server

Retex

Banned User
Donator
No, as it means my car v12 + awd + tint would go? and i'll just charge back all my shit, i spent ages trying to get money and the car legit, will charge back.

you prolly only got about 10$ to charge back anyway lmao, chocolates cost that much these days.

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I donated ages ago, I'm just going to charge back if it resets.

If you donated "ages ago" and you charge back you will loose.

Believe me. There is plenty of proof that your virtual item was received and plenty of proof that you have since then kept it.

Please don't threaten us.

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
If reset should come then i would prefer LS. In LS is so much more fun to drive with bus than in RC

Wuppix

not EU
If you want to be a statwhore, find an RPG server, this server is an RP server, the economy is already fucked up enough, and the only way to fix it is by resetting everything. Adding in a new vehicle system would be great, it will also make this into a more realistic experience, and its better than the stupid speedmodded cars.
I would rather buy a nice car for 40k instead of buying a 25 power AWD nonesense for 3m. I understand that many people are worried about their donated money, but I am sure that after the reset, there will be a way for you to get your vPoints back, or a portion of them, just so it isn't unfair in the end. Although I am still not sure if it is a complete account reset, or is it just a characters reset?

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
if its doing us good snd if we'll get back on our feet go for it

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
I will come back if a reset happens, Honestly I see no point in starting a new character in this current economy.
A donation is that, a donation. You give your support to the server, what you get IG is just a thank you. You aren't buying anything, You don't get a receipt that says you can return it. Several times I went from 30m+ to 10m due to inactivity, I have never complained about losing money. Nor should anyone else. A fresh start is what this server needs to survive, otherwise we can just watch as it dies slowly.

jakim

Well i must say,i had a lot more fun before i've donated.. Sure i have 2 chars with some mills to spend.. one has 2 planes that never uses,a boat just getting old and some crappy donator cars... the other has a cool Agera R stored in a garage and a couple empty properties.

Resuming,i had a good time RPing with real players before i loose that status... i've climbed up the stairs in LSES,learned a few things and one day someone had a lot of cash to spend and donated to the faction and took my place.. that was the day i've quited real RP.

+1 for the reset but without vpoint selling,corruption or any type of schemes..

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Even I'm mixed on this.
Yes, a reset WOULD have its benefits, but there are an equal number of drawbacks.
For me, I have to hold assets that cost a monster fortune as my gift to the community (That is specifically my race track in LV and its accompanying sub-properties). Therefore I need an equally massive amount of money in the characters' account in order to keep it.

My thought:
Each player should be permitted to keep one complete business and one complete personal property, and TWO business vehicles and TWO personal cars. The rest they must earn back.
In cases where a personal or business vehicle are a truck and trailer, the two count as one, and NOT MORE THAN enough money to break EVEN on a payday for those assets, and $10,000 in-hand cash. "Complete" means if the business is a fuel station with garage, They keep both interiors, same with a private property: They keep the house and garage. This way people have a legitimate way of earning back some of the money they've lost but they can't just sit on their asses expecting to earn a little by doing nothing -- Players must work for their money again.

Factions are the exception to this where they are able to keep everything they had, however half of their bank-money is lost, or they're reset to not more than 1 million, whichever is the most drastic change. (Sounds backwards, but if the economy crops up well enough, it'll work). Government based factions, such as the PD and ES will be granted a maximum of 3 million because of their higher player counts.

This is just a thought, take it for what it is, Crucial. We can't completely wipe everyone completely out, but we can set them back far enough they have to work for their stuff again. This also would mean that new players don't lose AS MUCH, which would discourage them for the time they HAVE put in.

Also, If we totally reset, we will have a major shortage of civ vehicles for the civ jobs. If we allow current business owners to keep businesses active, even just one of their 2 or however many businesses they own now, then we also promote interactive RP within those businesses, which will help the economy as well. And we allow up-and-comers to purchase businesses themselves, because fewer people will have taken up the good business locations.

Stick

Even I'm mixed on this.
Yes, a reset WOULD have its benefits, but there are an equal number of drawbacks.
For me, I have to hold assets that cost a monster fortune as my gift to the community (That is specifically my race track in LV and its accompanying sub-properties). Therefore I need an equally massive amount of money in the characters' account in order to keep it.

My thought:
Each player should be permitted to keep one complete business and one complete personal property, and TWO business vehicles and TWO personal cars. The rest they must earn back.
In cases where a personal or business vehicle are a truck and trailer, the two count as one, and NOT MORE THAN enough money to break EVEN on a payday for those assets, and $10,000 in-hand cash. "Complete" means if the business is a fuel station with garage, They keep both interiors, same with a private property: They keep the house and garage. This way people have a legitimate way of earning back some of the money they've lost but they can't just sit on their asses expecting to earn a little by doing nothing -- Players must work for their money again.

Factions are the exception to this where they are able to keep everything they had, however half of their bank-money is lost, or they're reset to not more than 1 million, whichever is the most drastic change. (Sounds backwards, but if the economy crops up well enough, it'll work). Government based factions, such as the PD and ES will be granted a maximum of 3 million because of their higher player counts.

This is just a thought, take it for what it is, Crucial. We can't completely wipe everyone completely out, but we can set them back far enough they have to work for their stuff again. This also would mean that new players don't lose AS MUCH, which would discourage them for the time they HAVE put in.

I see your point however it's more fair to put a straight line and set everyone to zero. Because why would you be able to keep your house but a player that doesn't have a house but has a car can't have his car?
It will only lead to discussion.

I however think that we should pump in legal activity as in businesess i would love to see a department within either the government regulated by admins that can give property's to people.
If they are willing to for example open a bar or restaurant or any other legal business that can provide RP and economic change then it can be provided under strict regulations.
Obviously the person in question needs to have certain qualifications and the activity of the player will be check upon. This can be entirely done Icly which creates RP aswell.

This way we make sure that:
- We create jobs > starting to feed the economy.
- We give people RP.
- We don't have every property for sale.
- Business owners can start making small money and pay their workers aswell which could create
a certain balance in the economy or atleast a good start up.

Now obviously if this would be going to happen strict rules will be made, if any admin is willing to discuss it i'm open for it.

@Crucial please read this

RevaX

To be honest, I don't really care if the server resets or no but resetting the server would kill it even more.

But hey, It ain't my server.

Erron

Resetting with a different mindset than the one we have now can get this server back to it's feet with a pleasantly good playerbase.
As a former player I'd like to suggest a couple of things. (I am not an economy expert so I won't talk about it , the ones who know better than I do , go ahead.)
Illegal Side:-A faction runned by admins and/or RP+ members that provides weaponry and generally illegal things that an illegal faction needs in order to be kept alive.
-Strickening the FR/DM/MG rules among the illegal factions and the severance of the punishments when disobeyed.
-**Providing the necessary veh's or HQ for a faction to work up on will help their leadership.Paying like 500k or more at the start is a bit harsh(Although this depends on the legal side aswell which I will explain below)
-Drugs shall be remaked and be usefull
Legal Side:-A way to make stores and wallmarts a lot more realistic , thing that can give players a job.
-Realistic amount of money earned while working in a job from the City Hall
-Make banks usefull for one time.Let people interact with it , get loans and so on and everything shall be IC(This MIGHT help the illegal side get a loan for a property etc..)
Generally:-Limited amounf of factions of the same kind(2 illegals for example , 1-2 PD's , 1 security etc..)
-Limited amount of characters that someone can create , so the person can actually keep on track of the life of his chars.
-Vehicle system
-Economy system(As I said I ain't an expert on this)
-Scripting

So , basically , this is what the head administration along with the owner needs to settle up so a complete reset works out.Add anything if you think I missed something.

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
Right here goes my thought on the whole 'reset' thing . I think that the reset thing is going to be a good idea in the long run . I don't really play GTA anymore , Fuck I don't even play my PC anymore , But the whole thing about the reset is trying to get our server back to what it once was . What i am more upset about is the donations that we HAVE put into the server are wiped , Not showing up anymore . I don't really think that this is fair because alot of us has spend alot of money on this server to keep what it is , Without us the server wouldn't be here .
Me , Modelsport , Mint3D3 , Luka , Name , Eclipse just to name a few . I know for a fact that both me and model have paid over $1,000 to the server This has been reset and i don't think that it is a good idea to reset this , just keep it up there , What difference does it make . Pay2win is what killed the server , There was a time where i was donating getting about 100 vp and then selling them instantly to ello for 300k each . I make over 200 Million this way.

When i got banned not so long ago for first resort for killing a POS that was on the admin and cop side I got unbanned from it . I lost all of my cars in the process . Not all them but just the ones that i cared about . My v16s . I donated real money for the V16s and when they where gone i didnt really care that much about them to be perfectly honest . I reset isn't going to be the end of the world , Fuck the stat whores (Coming from an ex stat whore) i didnt get fun from driving around aimlessly for ages shooting up cops , Telling new players the ropes , That wasn't fun cause all the new players wouldn't stay for long anyway .

V12s need to go , V16s need to go . There needs to be some sort of system that is going to replace this cause people are not going to wait around and drive 60km/h everywhere .

Overall , Yeah okay , reset is the fix let's do it .

Cruical , I don't hate you , I don't like you , I know nothing about you , But just please listen to one of 3 irish people on the server . Don't fuck it up

Stick

I personally find it pathetic that some people keep using the excuse "oh i donated" yeah you might have donated a year ago and you have enjoyed those perks for a long time.
Would you really be that much of a hypocrite to not wanting to reset because you donated a long time ago? If you buy something in a store you can enjoy the product
aslong as it doesn't break as soon as that happens you don't have it anymore.

Obviously the server is thankfull for your donations and unless you have recently donated i personally find it sad if that's the reason why anyone
would be against a reset. You've enjoyed your perks for a long time now it's time for you to start again.
Just because you donated a decade ago doesn't mean you're going to have it forever.

That's just what i think about it again don't get me wrong at all. Your donations is what us brought us here and the server
is truly thankfull for that but just let it go.

Would you rather be stuck with your millions and perks because you're to stubborn wanting to reset and just be bored
every day OR are you one of the people that want to move forward and think back of the time when you actually
enjoyed playing the game.

The server isn't going to change by itself we the people have to make the move. The economy is one of the biggest
issues and we all know it. So please, just think about it for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png