Votes: 29 59.2%
  • No way, I like it how it is!

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakim

Reset it already!! I know that some people donated a lot more than me but... i leave my 65 dls in exchange for good rp back...

Wuppix

not EU
Resetting with a different mindset than the one we have now can get this server back to it's feet with a pleasantly good playerbase.
As a former player I'd like to suggest a couple of things. (I am not an economy expert so I won't talk about it , the ones who know better than I do , go ahead.)
Illegal Side:-A faction runned by admins and/or RP+ members that provides weaponry and generally illegal things that an illegal faction needs in order to be kept alive.
-Strickening the FR/DM/MG rules among the illegal factions and the severance of the punishments when disobeyed.
-**Providing the necessary veh's or HQ for a faction to work up on will help their leadership.Paying like 500k or more at the start is a bit harsh(Although this depends on the legal side aswell which I will explain below)
-Drugs shall be remaked and be usefull
Legal Side:-A way to make stores and wallmarts a lot more realistic , thing that can give players a job.
-Realistic amount of money earned while working in a job from the City Hall
-Make banks usefull for one time.Let people interact with it , get loans and so on and everything shall be IC(This MIGHT help the illegal side get a loan for a property etc..)
Generally:-Limited amounf of factions of the same kind(2 illegals for example , 1-2 PD's , 1 security etc..)
-Limited amount of characters that someone can create , so the person can actually keep on track of the life of his chars.
-Vehicle system
-Economy system(As I said I ain't an expert on this)
-Scripting

So , basically , this is what the head administration along with the owner needs to settle up so a complete reset works out.Add anything if you think I missed something.

I don't get what the point of limitations is, there should not be any limitations, and there should not be anything provided by the server to illegal and legal factions, they have to work their way up. But government factions are the ones provided with vehicles already from the beginning.

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
When i saw this poll i was against the reset, because i liked my cars. But to be honest i miss old MTA:RP where you could make money when you was RPing. If im right first guy i met in MTA was Callum Jones. He had comet and he gave me job and by that i earned some money. Reset it now please

Wuppix

not EU
To be honest, I don't really care if the server resets or no but resetting the server would kill it even more.

But hey, It ain't my server.

well the server has a maximum of 5-6 players a day currently, and we have multiple people who were inactive, responding to this thread and saying that they will be active if the server resets, therefore I don't get why the reset would kill it even more.

Wuppix

not EU
When i saw this poll i was against the reset, because i liked my cars. But to be honest i miss old MTA:RP where you could make money when you was RPing. If im right first guy i met in MTA was Callum Jones. He had comet and he gave me job and by that i earned some money. Reset it now please

The reset will provide much more RP opportunities, Specially when the new vehicle system is added, that will provide a lot of RP, such as opening up dealerships, tuning your vehicle, starting your own car company, and possibly a business of importing cars as well.

derbi

Donator
The reset will provide much more RP opportunities, Specially when the new vehicle system is added, that will provide a lot of RP, such as opening up dealerships, tuning your vehicle, starting your own car company, and possibly a business of importing cars as well.

Yeah new car system would be awesome.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Personally, I think due to the already low playerbase a reset is jus going to make old players not want to come back.. Maybe that's just me though?
The economy is indeed broken and something needs to be done however I think management should be focusing on restoring the community first.

derbi

Donator
Personally, I think due to the already low playerbase a reset is jus going to make old players not want to come back.. Maybe that's just me though?
The economy is indeed broken and something needs to be done however I think management should be focusing on restoring the community first.

If you are reading other comments then all old members will come back if reset coming. Yeah i can say im stat-whore but at the end idc about reset. We dont even get 10 ppl online anymore. Best thing to do is reset, move back to LS.

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend

The economy is one of the major issues the server has it's flooded with millions, money isn't worth anything anymore.
By resetting everyone you actually restore a major issue within the community. Yeah there's always a group of players
that aren't happy about it but there's a lot of people that will be happy about it. And new players finally will be able
to go with the flow instead of joining a server where money doesn't mean anything anymore.

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
People are going to be mad at first , I think its going to be a better thing overall . I wasn't saying about the donations , Like in real life you can just get money back when you want it . You dont go and buy milk , Use the milk and then try to get your money back .

Though i do think that people that have donated alot to the server should be reconised sometime for how much they have donated , Say over 500?

DubstepxR

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Quite simply put, the server was pretty much started off good and got a good playerbase. Once things came along and started to be added in "pay2win perks", It did nothing but brought more a greedy needy people into the playerbase that seek nothing but hitting the top of the money, properties, and cars clubs. Year after year it got more worse than beyond repair which eventually drove out the good playerbase before while the needy kept coming in with money in they pockets. If you can't seem to grasp what I am saying then you clearly need to stop playing any type of RP server quite simple cause the pay2win is no longer gonna continue on. I started this server from scratch, worked my way through without donating for any type perks to get a gain out of it.

If I can do it, you can do it, put the baby bottle down and pull the pacifier out your mouth and grow up. Stick is a long time buddy if mine and I agree with almost anything he says cause its actual experience back then compared to now. Majachie you claim the server needs management before reset, I agree with you entirely on that subject but it won't help delaying reset will it? To all the people who would threatened chargeback cause you are crying over internet stuff and all the money that was donated, I'm sure something will be worked out but don't expect to be handed a golden plate with a spoon I'll tell you that. If you can't seem to comprehend what may or not happen then you are not here for the community's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
You can turn my vote around, I've changed my mind after reading all those comments.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
After giving this some thoughts, +1

Wuppix

not EU
I suggest everyone gets their vPoints back after the reset, or atleast a portion of it, it's a lot of work but it can be managed by everyone making a ticket and showing proof of previous donations and then you get vPoints back, not counting any special deals or offers it is going to be based off the regular prices, so for example if someone donated $30 overall they get like 30-60 vPoints back after the reset. I don't know if this is possible or not, but if it is, I am sure it would satisfy a lot of people, since its better than nothing.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I suggest everyone gets their vPoints back after the reset, or atleast a portion of it, it's a lot of work but it can be managed by everyone making a ticket and showing proof of previous donations and then you get vPoints back, not counting any special deals or offers it is going to be based off the regular prices, so for example if someone donated $30 overall they get like 30-60 vPoints back after the reset. I don't know if this is possible or not, but if it is, I am sure it would satisfy a lot of people, since its better than nothing.

vPoints most likely won't be touched on the reset, if you have 20 vPoints before the reset you'll have them after the reset as well.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I see your point however it's more fair to put a straight line and set everyone to zero. Because why would you be able to keep your house but a player that doesn't have a house but has a car can't have his car?
It will only lead to discussion.

I think you may have misunderstood that section, Stick. Regardless, I do see your arguments. You're not wrong either. With regard to that, if someone HAS a car, they keep it, with a maximum of two, is the bottom line. If you think about it, Someone with an asset like that May have 2 cars and 2 properties and $100,000 in the bank, and earning $500 per payday, They're barely making it along, to a degree. That puts someone into a position to actually work for their money at that point. I just don't want to make everyone WALK everywhere for a week while they earn money for a car and house if they've already got one. Give them something to start with so we look like a community, not a bunch of bunny-hoppers running around with no RP as we earn money. There's a way to do my idea, and make sure it's within $500 of breaking even. Once a player logs on, gets a payday and gets their tax rate cut down that tight, make them reach out to an admin (or have admins pro-actively watching) and make them delete all but ONE property and ONE business, if they've got one. No refunds, Nothin'. They can keep posessions inside the property or vehicle, but besides that, it's just gone. Once that happens, one more payday will knock their bank balance back down to $500 to the green, and then it's gone for that player. They can then start earning their things back again. This way nobody can save a SUPER high priced property, /sellproperty it for however many tens, or maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars, and use bank interest to pass everyone in money again. yes it would be complicated, but it would put people into a spread out group of income levels.

Taking me for example, yes I have a SUPER expensive race track, but its an asset for a new faction. I HAVE to keep it. i only put enough funds into my bank to break even. (I'm doing that now, matter of fact) The Idea is to put me so close to $0 income (within $500) on a payday, which would make me need to work for money again. That sort of thing can be scripted and set up to finalize itself within 2 passes per player. It's not gonna be an easy undertaking, no. Resetting would be easier, Sure. But then there are people (such as myself and I'm sure others) who are holding properties for factions that need to be able to break even. Just because they've got $5 million doesn't mean they effectively can spend that kind of money. I just happen to have what is probably THE single most expensive property in the server, from a value perspective. Hell, COULD even put them $100 in the Red, That way they are FORCED to work to keep their shit. The more they put off earning, the more they lose in money, which of course leads to cars and properties being force sold. That's not too deep to work out of, Is it?

I'm just rambling now, but I think you get my point, Stick. Give those with something a very small taste of what they earned so they aren't TOTALLY fucked wherever they may be on the map, but don't give them anything for free. They'll have to earn back that money so that they don't go bankrupt trying to pay for gas and such. Because they will at the current fuel prices.

Crucial

Banned User
I donated ages ago, I'm just going to charge back if it resets.

This will be a community decision.
If you decide to steal back your gift to assist the server in staying up you will be banned.
Threatening to Chargeback is not going to work, you are more than welcome to voice your opinons though.

Erron

Well , I see in the poll that resetting has 27 upvoters and 21 down voters.The server barely gets 10 players online in peak hours , so I'm asking.Who are all those guys who just down vote with explaining themselves?I mean sure , you can down vote , it's your opinion but this is a community decision and you need to explain yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png