sUp5rET.png

Red County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malachi

Let me know what you think about the multiple server idea, that way we can do a full test without loosing anything.

Thanks

I think that the multiple server idea may confuse some people in a way but it may just work, I guess we will have to see what happens but I will support MTA:RP no matter what.

E

eLst

I'm in, any scripting/mapping issues you have feel free to contact me on Skype. :)

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
I've been with you since the beginning, I've just never bothered to stick around and be another inactive head admin when life came around. Any community ideas are welcomed, this was simply my idea that I felt and thought could work. Nothing is guaranteed, but stagnation has caused the collapse of more things than experimentation.

A duplicate server could work, the only problem would be the duplicity in people. We would have to completely copy the server so that all accounts and factions remained. I didn't think this was a viably possible idea, but it does what we wanted it to, a test run. This is, after all, a new idea for current members mostly and for them to help spread the word. Simply starting somewhere new and hoping people magically find out is not a good way to go about things.

Take the lessons everyone else has learned from starting their own servers. Learn from it. Adapt and work towards bettering it. You can try and try again, and sure eventually you'll succeed, or you can try and do it right the first time. MTA:RP has always been a community, no other ser.ver has ever come close to the tight knit circle this place has, none. If you put your mind to it and you try, going towards a positive outlook, I think our chances of doing anything greatly increases.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I like the idea, and am interested in trying new things.. But when i read the first few replies, I came across this:

In all reality, Hes right. If we send the server back to a beta stage (as has been done with previous failed servers I have been apart of) Some will like and adapt to it, and the rest will migrate elsewhere that has what they want. Personally I think LS Roleplay cant be beat, But again im open to new ideas and trying new things.
But what happens when we move everything to Red County, and we have 3 active players (because their the only ones who like it) and the rest move on to another server? Moving back to LS MAY or MAY NOT bring them back..

Im interested in trying new things, I just want to be reassured this will actually work.
Im going to have a long meeting with the higher administration about what we should do, and how we should try this.. One suggestion was to make a replica server of MTARP, and just move everything to Red County. That way we would essentially have two servers, And whichever one had fewer players after 2 or so months, would be dissolved. That way we loose nothing if Red County fails, and we don't loose the hard work and everything MTARP already has to offer as well..
I guess that's ultimately up to what you guys think, I get making a second server would not help in any way for our first server, but its basically the SAME thing, only based in a different city. Everyone could give it a try in the new city, if not enough people adapted to the new city we would just simply return all operations into LS.

--

There were a few posts on this thread, That I've already deleted for their bigotry.. But I feel like I want to publicly address them for their posts.
Over the past year or so, Many people have left MTA:RP under the impression that "Overload is only about the money". I'm not going to lie, MTA:RP HAS made a LOT of money. MTA:RP wasn't started because I wanted money, money was not a thought to me.. I already had a dedicated server, And was doing basically nothing with it.. So we slapped MTA:RP up on it under a different name as a joke, and to our surprise, we got players. Up until that point I was done with MTA Completely. By popular demand, we opened MTA:RP Legitimately, and over the years we have been on the receiving end of a LOT of DDoS Attacks, Which over time has cost us way more than we should have ever spent trying to defend our server. MTA:RP even at its peak point hasn't always been profitable, Especially when your monthly hosting cost is upwards of $600.00/month.
I am one of very few people who you will meet that can start with nothing, Accidentally walk in to a lot of money, and not change as a person one bit.
Many people I meet say I am no different that I was on day one of MTA:RP. I am still a fun loving friendly kind of guy, If you catch me on TeamSpeak Ill talk to anyone. I'm not "too good' to interact with my community.
Over time, My focus gets pointed to different directions.. In the past 3 years MTA:RP has been going on, I went from a really Crappy job at WalMart to working at a private firm locally making way more money than i could ever imagine, To the point where I was laid off and made 0. Today I own my own ventures, such as Free Packet which isn't making me a millionaire by any stretch of the imagination, but its paying my bills. All of these things at one point or another take my focus and attention off MTA:RP, but with the help of the higher administration its managed to survive.

Over the years with MTA:RP the donator perks that I personally have added weren't about "how to get rich quick" but rather trying to add things that I think people would like to have. Obviously we have to make those things somewhat exclusive, because if not we have EVERY car in the server v12, Tinted, and bulletproof. That would be a shit show.

2 months ago, MTA:RP stopped being Profitable. (Although I didn't always use the money coming in form MTA:RP as Profit anyway) Covering hosting yet again became my own responsibility, rather than being fully covered by donations. So tell me, If I really was this money hungry guy, That cared nothing about his server and community.. Wouldn't I have let MTA:RP Die 2 months ago?
Not only have I been focusing on the hosting cost for the past 2 months, I actually have all our bills paid up thru November.. I am working on paying up through 2016 before i relax on that point as well..
MTA:RP means a lot more to me than just money. It always has, and always will. Even if this server falls down and only gets 3 players total per week, its something that I can say I personally created myself. I've been apart of past projects such as Ved.ic but that wasn't my creation, I simply funded Ved.ic..

So why does everyone have this assumption that I am money hungry?
It seems to be a common occurrence with MTA, where someone eventually feels like they are worth more than they actually are.. A prefect few examples of that are our past developers.. Joel, Bunny (although he wasn't a developer, he was a head admin) and Mittell are my best examples.
Those people will support and stand with the server until the very end, at least until they feel like they have more self worth than they actually do.. Eventually one by one each of those examples felt like they could do their own server better.. They went on a spree gathering people together with them, spreading any kind of rumor or lie they can to make me look bad. Unfortunately no matter how many times i come here to the forums, and make a public post explaining my side of every story, It didn't help.
Those convinced against their will, Have the same opinion still - Dave Ramsey
Each of those former higher up's went on to make their own servers, and pulled many many many players from here to their own creations. And one by one, typically one month later, Failed. Died. Ended. Now all of those "higher up's" either have quit MTA or play at ***.

Despite what some say and think, I am still the friendly, Fun guy you once liked and supported. MTA:RP was never about making a million dollars or whatever anyone else seems to think. Although we probably are the most profitable MTA Server in the history of MTA Roleplay in general.. That's completely not what this server is or ever was about.

No amount of my explanations or convincing is going to change the opinions of many. Once they have their mind set that things are a certain way, they will believe it regardless of how much proof is presented to them proving otherwise. For those people, there's nothing any of us can do..

MTA:RP is my creation.. its my baby. If It fails, I'll go down with it. But not without putting up every piece of energy I have to fight against it first. But that's not something I can do alone. I will need the help of my admin team, and those dedicated players who refuse to leave, despite all their friends going elsewhere. Those people are what makes this community a community, rather than a dead forum.

Now that I've posted a thread 5 paragraphs long, and most of you likely wont read it all the way though.. I will end with...

I am open to doing new ideas. But I want to make sure those ideas are going to work.
Let me know what you think about the multiple server idea, that way we can do a full test without loosing anything.

Thanks

Thank+you+kind+sir+_0b86f23b9147856c7e947d8c9d5ec393.jpg

For Real though, thank you for clearing that up for those who dont know shit, and just assume stupid things without full explanation

Bestorio

I'd most definitely like to try out role playing that's more focused outside of the big cities. Perhaps it'll bring something back to me that I've failed to find in recent times while attempting to do stuff on mta:rp.

A small group of players in a single town would be a lot more entertaining than the same group of people aimlessly driving around a big empty city.
You'd actually see people from time to time, and the sense of community would be a thing in-game as well.

I'm also willing to contribute my efforts as a mapper and graphics artist into this if need be.

+1

Cheers!

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
I love it.

BUTTTT

There will be many challenges that come with this.

1. Overloads thing about having 2 servers
I think this is a bad idea because during those 2 months of testing, youd just split up the player base and then both servers would have a really low playerbase to make it unplayable. I think we should before doing anything, make a save of this one. then start changing things around. if it fails just reload that last save and everything is back the way it is.

2. RP way of blocking it off.
A rp way would be by using the military. Make signs that say "Go any farther than this and you'll explode due to mines from WW2 era" or something like that. So the only safe area would be red county.

3. playerbase
I think this will raise the player base because what other server out there is just based in a certain area? none. Id love to rp in a different area than LS. LS is getting boring and dull.

4.Dev server
Why not test this out in the dev server? that way players can continue to play in LS until all properties and other stuff get set up. So when you do move it to the main server, its all ready and no one has to request for a house to be put for sale.

5. Volunteers
To help speed up the process of this, why not allow players to come and help you set this up so you aren't relying only 8 or so admins.
maybe get ex admins who know the commands help you set up stuff.
Im sure there are others like me whod love to help out in this.

Again, great idea. Im sl***y((FOr some reason, censors S L O W L Y)) coming back to the server, Ive gotten a job so im not as active as i was before.
If any help is needed, i'll gladly help out in anyway.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Overload, I think for the sake of our community, We need to try something different. I like LS because it's vast and flexible, but It's not really working with the playerbase as low as the Marianna Trench. I'll sacrifice what I have in LS to move to Red County as your first volunteer, and will help with deciding where to move and build Hex. I've already attempted to map my garage in the proposed area, and it cannot be done at a decent price. I'd imagine this area would heavily limit the mapping that gets added. However, Once we are free to return to LS as we choose, I want my garage back :)

Idea though: UNLESS there is a proper RP Reason, or a space limitation, NO NEW Property should be constructed outside the new area within the first 6 months of the move, or if the transition is deemed a flop, whichever comes first.. The Mapped spaces (Such as Hex and My Garage) Should remain in place, though have no interiors mapped to them Unless otherwise cleared by YOU and YOU alone. Once we figure out if it worked, We can remove the old mappings unless claimed by their ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTORS, NOT Previous Owners. If the original builder Does not wish to keep his property, then the most recent owner. If they don't want it, Then it's open-market for 1 week, and then, Deleted completely to cut down on the load of the server.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
I would be pleased to help too :)

Whether its connected with doing admin work (( If I would be trusted with the position for that time..)) or collecting some information.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Overload, I think for the sake of our community, We need to try something different. I like LS because it's vast and flexible, but It's not really working with the playerbase as low as the Marianna Trench. I'll sacrifice what I have in LS to move to Red County as your first volunteer, and will help with deciding where to move and build Hex. I've already attempted to map my garage in the proposed area, and it cannot be done at a decent price. I'd imagine this area would heavily limit the mapping that gets added. However, Once we are free to return to LS as we choose, I want my garage back :)

Idea though: UNLESS there is a proper RP Reason, or a space limitation, NO NEW Property should be constructed outside the new area within the first 6 months of the move, or if the transition is deemed a flop, whichever comes first.. The Mapped spaces (Such as Hex and My Garage) Should remain in place, though have no interiors mapped to them Unless otherwise cleared by YOU and YOU alone. Once we figure out if it worked, We can remove the old mappings unless claimed by their ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTORS, NOT Previous Owners. If the original builder Does not wish to keep his property, then the most recent owner. If they don't want it, Then it's open-market for 1 week, and then, Deleted completely to cut down on the load of the server.

or you know, Make a save of our current game. Make extra saves of it so if we lose one, we got more.
then start making changes to the current one so if this idea fails we can just reload the map.

Also gotten another idea.

I think we should ignore the people who are really rich(Not ignore ignore but like pretend their money isn't in the economy so we could lower the price of buildings and cars. but keep the donator prices the same and offer a discount to those who have under a certain amount of IG money so its fair to everyone.

Beatty

Donator
or you know, Make a save of our current game. Make extra saves of it so if we lose one, we got more.
then start making changes to the current one so if this idea fails we can just reload the map.

Also gotten another idea.

I think we should ignore the people who are really rich(Not ignore ignore but like pretend their money isn't in the economy so we could lower the price of buildings and cars. but keep the donator prices the same and offer a discount to those who have under a certain amount of IG money so its fair to everyone.

The reason prices are so high is because a high price = a high tax, since tax is an equivalent of the price rather than your income. If that was fixed, then this would be possible. But if you want prices that are not adjusted to inflation, you'll have the top 1% owning 99% of the ser.ver like it was before. I was the original admin who changed the pricing scales, and since then I've yet to see any one person own more than two of the major buildings/outlets in the game. It's disadvantageous to those who are low-income, but it's also advantageous. Pros and cons associated with it, but it's necessary unfortunately.

E

eLst

you'll have the top 1% owning 99% of the ser.ver like it was before.
God those were bad times, even though I was probably the worst at doing it. :/

UPDATE:
Pulse said he is on board too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka

I'll be glad to help you out, whether it's mapping, scripting or in-game stuff.

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
When moving to red county, use your playerbase wisely:

-Make the move happen for a reason (nuclear fallout, and such)
-Make it a big event (playerbase goes up, lots of RP)
-Don't re-open LS until a certain point (where playerbase is high enough) - all to be done RPly, ofcourse.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
-Make the move happen for a reason (nuclear fallout, and such)

I wouldn't say a nuclear fallout, i'd go with a hurricane or a major flood in the city. A nuclear fallout if were being realistic then nobody would be allowed in LS. Like ever. I'll go ahead and say this. What about the criminals? I understand trying to lower the amount of them so it ain't cops n robbers. But people will still do it. There needs to be a fair amount of buildings and roads and such. So it's not just small town life. Because that would get old and boring real quick. And if we're going to move and RP will change, then we'll need at least one proper race track with good mapping to lower the amount of criminals just driving fast in the city. Cops would be able to focus on the actual people robbing stores and such. I support the idea now. As long as I get my money back from my crib in LV.
And we better be able to keep our cars. As I have multiple cars that I've had since I first joined the server and actually donated for. If we're just RPly moving out of LS that shouldn't be a problem. As *cough* I don't live in LS. *cough*

Malachi

I wouldn't say a nuclear fallout, i'd go with a hurricane or a major flood in the city. A nuclear fallout if were being realistic then nobody would be allowed in LS. Like ever. I'll go ahead and say this. What about the criminals? I understand trying to lower the amount of them so it ain't cops n robbers. But people will still do it. There needs to be a fair amount of buildings and roads and such. So it's not just small town life. Because that would get old and boring real quick. And if we're going to move and RP will change, then we'll need at least one proper race track with good mapping to lower the amount of criminals just driving fast in the city. Cops would be able to focus on the actual people robbing stores and such. I support the idea now. As long as I get my money back from my crib in LV.
And we better be able to keep our cars. As I have multiple cars that I've had since I first joined the server and actually donated for. If we're just RPly moving out of LS that shouldn't be a problem. As *cough* I don't live in LS. *cough*

This would take a lot of work, time, and effort but possibly people could map an extension to Red County like a main town for all the government buildings and such.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
This would take a lot of work, time, and effort but possibly people could map an extension to Red County like a main town for all the government buildings and such.

The point is to move to a smaller area and settle the playerbase there, not move to a smaller area than expand it...

J.O.B

I logged in and noticed y'all had moved to Red County. I support that move. Still gotta say the most fun I've had on a RP server was back when we was in the county on Ved.ic and even that portion of LV we was in for that short while. Hopefully stuff like what we was RPing then is taking place now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png