sUp5rET.png

Red County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator

Red County

You guys trust me, mildly at least, maybe, I hope? Just give this a read real quick, I'll segregate the post into two sections. A brief preamble into what I'm suggestion and then a detailed plan on how to do it. If I don't hook you on the preamble and you wanna stop reading, stop. Comment your thoughts, this is a discussion after all.

Preamble

Los Santos
Lets take a moment to think about where we roleplay at, in every server, and why that is the case. Los Santos is the main city of the three, it's not the biggest nor is it the smallest, but it has everything in it. From the financial and commercial districts of Rodeo and Market to the government plaza in Commerce from the industrial powerhouse of the docks mixed in with Willowfield, and I'm not gonna leave out the ghetto Seville and Corona, which aren't much of ghetto's but Tar street is pretty bad. Los Santos has variety, lots of it, and while we don't always roleplay correctly to those areas, we enjoy the differences but as well as the familiarity of the area. We know where Idlewood is, mostly just the gas station, but we also know where Verona mall is, the beach, and that weird upper right corner... East something? East Los Santos! My point being, this is why we enjoy Los Santos, but it also brings with it its own problems.

Los Santos is big. While not the biggest, it's still big. There are entire areas of the city none of us visit and some of us don't recognize. I've been playing MTA for around 8 years, that's including SA:MP, and I still have trouble with street names in that eastern part of the city Colinas, Floras and East LS merge. Am I saying this is a bad place to be? Not necessarily, but it plays into negative affects for MTA:RP. Ask yourselves this; why do you play MTA:RP? It's not because it's the only server, and we're not the best in roleplay, but we are the best in something, and that something is being different. Ello has had that affect to make this server stick around the longest, and that's true, this is the longest standing, active server out of the entire MTA community. Very few come close, not even SAES has been around with the same type of server and people. MTA:RP is different, it strives to provide you with a public voice we don't remove, an administration that is for you (you can see by how often they're removed that no one is permanent), and a server that is unique in its ability to capture your... enthusiasm. With that being said, let me take you back a few years..

Ved.ic Roleplay

Welcome to 'back a few years', this is still Beatty speaking. This is a server ran by Ello again, most of you probably never heard of it but it was started by himself and a few others, including me. Guess where we started roleplaying at? Fort Carson. To this day, this was the most fun I have ever had in any server, that includes Val.halla and the countless others that have come and gone, even here. Why was it fun? Why. I think I know the answer to, well, my own question. It was centralized roleplay, it was community based, it was fun and it was well rounded. Everyone knew just about everyone, and even on slow days with only twenty players, you would have more interaction and more roleplay than you would anywhere else. Driving wasn't as big of a deal of course and the shortage of housing soon became serious problems, but these were minor ones that were fixable. Ultimately the server never lasted, it went and came long many others because of other peoples doings and falling out with people whom we no longer know.

Red County

Now my topic here is about Red County. For those unknowing, Red County is the entire area within the lower part of the map, not going over the Reagan or Lawrence river. We'll be excluding Los Santos from this, pretend it's just the County. Inside this county exists four small towns, each about the size of Fort Carson but when combined, equal about the playing area of all of the space we use in Los Santos. The difference? It's tightly packed, you see more people and you interact more with those around you. Each town has it's own perks, Dillimore being the main government centered town, Palamino the residential and upper class, Blueberry the industrial and Montogmery as the commercial. Each town offers housing, and each offers variety of housing. Don't believe me? Go check.

Final Suggestion

All activities regarding to the server be moved to Red County exclusively. No Los Santos, no Bone county, no Flint county. This ensures a small but large enough roleplay environment to be able to interact with everyone and meet new players more easily. It's also more able to accommodate and meet the roleplaying capacity of all factions and businesses better.

This is my professional opinion, please keep reading to see a detailed plan of what I propose. I'll outline the points and that's about the extent of it, the rest is only doable with action, and you'll have to trust we can do it fast and swiftly. Will I miss some things? Probably, but that's why this is in the discussion section.

Beatty

Donator

Red County

This is my continuation! Congrats on making it this far :D . I will split this into 3 phases.

Phase One - Getting Ready

Properties
All properties inside the county will be made, with appropriate addresses, prices and interiors. Any currently owned properties will be changed as needed, you will be contacted prior to this change and debate will be possible. This will take a couple days at minimum. There will be no ability to prepurchase properties, they will all be disabled until 'development' is completed.

Factions
All current official factions will be given the ability to find a new place of operations and to relocate all assets owned. These include maps and vehicles.

Scripts
No new scripting will be required for this, only edits to existing ones. These include such things as spawn locations when making a new character, the welcoming message and other minor things which higher administration officials will handle.

Refunds
At this point all custom maps In-Game which were bought and are used by an active player can receive refunds or change in location of maps, as applicable. If you simply bought a property with a custom map, then this is not included for you. All maps which are not in the usable area will be removed from In-Game but kept in storage, this will reduce loading pressures on the server as well.

Phase Two - Moving

Grace Period
A grace period will be given where all active players may move assets to new locations inside the active roleplay boundaries. Once this period is over, anything left will be either wiped or force sold.

Addition of Mapping
Any needed mapping which is considered essential to the proper success of roleplay actives will be added at this time. These include doors for buildings, helipad locations, etc.

Phase Three - Completion

Blocking Off
All areas leading outside Red County or into Los Santos will be blocked off. While this may be considered RPG'ish it will also prevent the movement of roleplay outside of contested territory. These blockades will be removed after an additional grace period, ensuring all active players know of the changes which are in place.

Supervisor and Fixing Period
This will be the last phase, in which all players and staff are expected to report bugs or problems which will be fixed ASAP. These include such things as wrongly placed interiors, misspellings, map problems or additions which where missed in Phase Two. These problems will be fast tracked and fixed faster than normal.

Malachi

I really enjoyed this, well written Beatty. I think this is a great idea that will exponentially raise our player-base. It gave a solution to almost every issue that would most likely come into place when attempting to make this happen. I also liked the fact that everyone who owns a faction already can keep it with minor difficulty in the exchange. I'd really like to see this happen +1

Beatty said:
Blocking Off
All areas leading outside Red County or into Los Santos will be blocked off. While this may be considered RPG'ish it will also prevent the movement of roleplay outside of contested territory. These blockades will be removed after an additional grace period, ensuring all active players know of the changes which are in place.

Possibly make it a RP reason for blocking it off though? I think that would make it flow more easily and provide a better RP reason for the switch. For example natural disaster, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
I made a server, based not in red county, but in bone county, we had custom mappings and much more, the environment of the server was fantastic, in fortunately the people I was making the server with decided to take the script and change the vps password, etc. Now I don't give a fuck what goes on here but moving to red county would be unique, it'd be a whole new experience and fun for all new and old members, how ever, this means most interiors will be deleted, and seeing super cars and some of the other crap people drive in the country would just seem a little non RP, so removing all existing interiors, then clearing the vehicles then you may aswell remove all the world objects such as generics on the ground etc, etc at the end you are looking at basically a full server restart, while your doing that, you may aswell change the name and ip, since the server has an awful reputation, I'll be honest I haven't read all of this suggestion, just the first part so if you've already figured some of it out sorry, mate. Anywayz, this is a long shot doubt it will happen, many reasons behind it, I plus one the suggestion, but who cares what I think.

I'd like a permanent ban, now. I've made a ticket, made reports in game and spammed the chatbox.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
This would just put the server back into a beta state. Which would sorta be bad. If the server got advertised, not on other servers. just in general. and people spoke with friends to get more people back into the server, but none of it will happen, the server is in a downhill state. I'll be loyal until the end. But we don't need beta testing of a server idea that will probably fall. But none of that matters, People'll just act like I am starting a debate or some shit, Go ahead and keep scrolling. But in my opinion. Be happy with what the server already has.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I like the idea. Very much so. But those very custom garages and gas stations will be a small issue to rebuild, as I'm not going to do any one's but mine :p
As for the no pre-purchasing, I think that should be different. Not to sound like 'that guy' but I would like to guarantee a place that I move to, because it would involve re-mapping an area, and being that I DO have a work life, I won't be able to work with the 'First come, first served' aspect of it. Perhaps those that are RP+ AND Legend should have first call, with a limit of ONE Per ACCOUNT. I already have one character in Palomino as a permanent resident, but I need to move my main character into the new area should that happen. I'd be apt to move into BlueBerry in that circumstance.. otherwise, I love this idea. Very well thought out!

I Support!

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
I heard MTA:RP was developing a new server with a different Gamemode, why not just make this happen in a new server developed by MTA:RP

Malachi

I heard MTA:RP was developing a new server with a different Gamemode, why not just make this happen in a new server developed by MTA:RP

We could also have the development be happening in a private server to set up all the mapping, moving the factions, tweaking all the scripts, etc. The admins/staff will test it out for a couple of weeks then we could release it to the public? I don't know what do you guys think?

DrJoseEvil

Donator
its a great idea, but I wouldnt wanna re-do my mapping/interiors/whatever/hi, but instead of just red county, give us the deserts/housing area of LV, I'd for sure wanna RP at the motels ect.

Neutral.

Decent idea, although I love LS. I still think we'll need to work on the RP first (it's improving quite a bit already, but just not back there yet)

greenops011

Donator
Donator
I haven't been around nearly as long as some people, and I am very open to change. That being said, I agree with Anthony Trinh on improving the RP. One big advantage I see ( could also be a disadvantage) is for LSES, we would definately need a second fire hall, no question. As it is in LS, our response time isn't the greatest due to it being such a large area. If we throw in the mix of the general terrain, being so hilly in Red county, the trucks will have to go slower on the hills so as not to damage the vehicles when (potentially) bottoming out. I could be worrying for nothing, but even just having one engine at a warehouse type garage in Dillimore, and then one in montgomery, they could cover those areas and the dillimore one would cover blueberry as well, and the montgomery one would cover palimano creek. don't know if any of you thnk this is something to consider when making the transition to Red county, but just putting it out there

Beatty

Donator
I made a server, based not in red county, but in bone county, we had custom mappings and much more, the environment of the server was fantastic, in fortunately the people I was making the server with decided to take the script and change the vps password, etc. Now I don't give a fuck what goes on here but moving to red county would be unique, it'd be a whole new experience and fun for all new and old members, how ever, this means most interiors will be deleted, and seeing super cars and some of the other crap people drive in the country would just seem a little non RP, so removing all existing interiors, then clearing the vehicles then you may aswell remove all the world objects such as generics on the ground etc, etc at the end you are looking at basically a full server restart, while your doing that, you may aswell change the name and ip, since the server has an awful reputation, I'll be honest I haven't read all of this suggestion, just the first part so if you've already figured some of it out sorry, mate. Anywayz, this is a long shot doubt it will happen, many reasons behind it, I plus one the suggestion, but who cares what I think.

I'd like a permanent ban, now. I've made a ticket, made reports in game and spammed the chatbox.

Admirable but a full reset isn't in everyone's best interests. You have to understand the server and what makes MTA:RP what it is to really understand that, and being here since the beginning I think I have a small idea of it. I talked this over with some head people before hand to ensure it all as well. The cars aren't necessarily a problem, they're already pretty unrealistic. There are sports cars in ghettos and Manana's that go 0 to 200 faster than a cop car, it's just not a touchable area as of yet.

Generic items on the ground do get deleted already after certain amounts of time, but even then there would have to be quite literally thousands upon thousands to cause any slight lag in the processing power of the server.

This would just put the server back into a beta state. Which would sorta be bad. If the server got advertised, not on other servers. just in general. and people spoke with friends to get more people back into the server, but none of it will happen, the server is in a downhill state. I'll be loyal until the end. But we don't need beta testing of a server idea that will probably fall. But none of that matters, People'll just act like I am starting a debate or some shit, Go ahead and keep scrolling. But in my opinion. Be happy with what the server already has.

The point here is to move the server back into what originally made it MTA:RP. As Thomas Jefferson once put it, "A rebellion every now and then is a good thing".

I like the idea. Very much so. But those very custom garages and gas stations will be a small issue to rebuild, as I'm not going to do any one's but mine :p
As for the no pre-purchasing, I think that should be different. Not to sound like 'that guy' but I would like to guarantee a place that I move to, because it would involve re-mapping an area, and being that I DO have a work life, I won't be able to work with the 'First come, first served' aspect of it. Perhaps those that are RP+ AND Legend should have first call, with a limit of ONE Per ACCOUNT. I already have one character in Palomino as a permanent resident, but I need to move my main character into the new area should that happen. I'd be apt to move into BlueBerry in that circumstance.. otherwise, I love this idea. Very well thought out!

I Support!

A small part of the reason was to help clear these areas out. There are more custom mapping and random objects in MTA:RP than any other server I've really played on. The simple fact is, years and years of random maps being put in by different people in different areas with objects and placements across the world have created a bit of a mountain of... Stuff.

As for no pre-purchasing, the original idea is to allow those active players a leg up. but you do have a point. Those who are already active and proven community members maybe should get a one chance buy at any properties.

Is not happening unfortunately, sealed and burned.

We could also have the development be happening in a private server to set up all the mapping, moving the factions, tweaking all the scripts, etc. The admins/staff will test it out for a couple of weeks then we could release it to the public? I don't know what do you guys think?

There is not much testing to be done. The basic editing of scripts is about all, but it's not testable. It's simple changes in POS and other smaller elements.

its a great idea, but I wouldnt wanna re-do my mapping/interiors/whatever/hi, but instead of just red county, give us the deserts/housing area of LV, I'd for sure wanna RP at the motels ect.

Neutral.

The deserts of Bone County, while enjoyable, have proven to work out less well than others. It's the same terrain and the same towns over and over, no diversity provided with a lot of space in between. Red County is the in-between of Bone and Flint and provides a well balanced and distributed area to conduct roleplay in.

Decent idea, although I love LS. I still think we'll need to work on the RP first (it's improving quite a bit already, but just not back there yet)

One step at a time my friend, this has been a work in progress since the development of the community.
I haven't been around nearly as long as some people, and I am very open to change. That being said, I agree with Anthony Trinh on improving the RP. One big advantage I see ( could also be a disadvantage) is for LSES, we would definately need a second fire hall, no question. As it is in LS, our response time isn't the greatest due to it being such a large area. If we throw in the mix of the general terrain, being so hilly in Red county, the trucks will have to go slower on the hills so as not to damage the vehicles when (potentially) bottoming out. I could be worrying for nothing, but even just having one engine at a warehouse type garage in Dillimore, and then one in montgomery, they could cover those areas and the dillimore one would cover blueberry as well, and the montgomery one would cover palimano creek. don't know if any of you thnk this is something to consider when making the transition to Red county, but just putting it out there

Easily doable, and the firetrucks aren't too hard to move around. Alternatively you can try grass rings and rescue trucks, which are the primary response vehicles to most fire department calls in the county.

Luka

I am so going to regret my resigning if this happens... But I'd want this for sure, finally some decent roleplay standards, surrounded with nothing but players and county. I highly support this.

PS: Beatty is back? :eek:

HelenMagnusAkaJamesB

Donator
Donator
Well im going to give a huge support to this idea i think it's just ridicilously hard to find any rp at LS currently as with the current playerbase and, sure smaller area would give us more rp, i mean it would be easier tho. Also it might be fun to start roleplaying as an redneck or something new probably.

So huge +1

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator

An idea that was never followed through on. So no.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
I like the idea, and am interested in trying new things.. But when i read the first few replies, I came across this:

In all reality, Hes right. If we send the server back to a beta stage (as has been done with previous failed servers I have been apart of) Some will like and adapt to it, and the rest will migrate elsewhere that has what they want. Personally I think LS Roleplay cant be beat, But again im open to new ideas and trying new things.
But what happens when we move everything to Red County, and we have 3 active players (because their the only ones who like it) and the rest move on to another server? Moving back to LS MAY or MAY NOT bring them back..

Im interested in trying new things, I just want to be reassured this will actually work.
Im going to have a long meeting with the higher administration about what we should do, and how we should try this.. One suggestion was to make a replica server of MTARP, and just move everything to Red County. That way we would essentially have two servers, And whichever one had fewer players after 2 or so months, would be dissolved. That way we loose nothing if Red County fails, and we don't loose the hard work and everything MTARP already has to offer as well..
I guess that's ultimately up to what you guys think, I get making a second server would not help in any way for our first server, but its basically the SAME thing, only based in a different city. Everyone could give it a try in the new city, if not enough people adapted to the new city we would just simply return all operations into LS.

--

There were a few posts on this thread, That I've already deleted for their bigotry.. But I feel like I want to publicly address them for their posts.
Over the past year or so, Many people have left MTA:RP under the impression that "Overload is only about the money". I'm not going to lie, MTA:RP HAS made a LOT of money. MTA:RP wasn't started because I wanted money, money was not a thought to me.. I already had a dedicated server, And was doing basically nothing with it.. So we slapped MTA:RP up on it under a different name as a joke, and to our surprise, we got players. Up until that point I was done with MTA Completely. By popular demand, we opened MTA:RP Legitimately, and over the years we have been on the receiving end of a LOT of DDoS Attacks, Which over time has cost us way more than we should have ever spent trying to defend our server. MTA:RP even at its peak point hasn't always been profitable, Especially when your monthly hosting cost is upwards of $600.00/month.
I am one of very few people who you will meet that can start with nothing, Accidentally walk in to a lot of money, and not change as a person one bit.
Many people I meet say I am no different that I was on day one of MTA:RP. I am still a fun loving friendly kind of guy, If you catch me on TeamSpeak Ill talk to anyone. I'm not "too good' to interact with my community.
Over time, My focus gets pointed to different directions.. In the past 3 years MTA:RP has been going on, I went from a really Crappy job at WalMart to working at a private firm locally making way more money than i could ever imagine, To the point where I was laid off and made 0. Today I own my own ventures, such as Free Packet which isn't making me a millionaire by any stretch of the imagination, but its paying my bills. All of these things at one point or another take my focus and attention off MTA:RP, but with the help of the higher administration its managed to survive.

Over the years with MTA:RP the donator perks that I personally have added weren't about "how to get rich quick" but rather trying to add things that I think people would like to have. Obviously we have to make those things somewhat exclusive, because if not we have EVERY car in the server v12, Tinted, and bulletproof. That would be a shit show.

2 months ago, MTA:RP stopped being Profitable. (Although I didn't always use the money coming in form MTA:RP as Profit anyway) Covering hosting yet again became my own responsibility, rather than being fully covered by donations. So tell me, If I really was this money hungry guy, That cared nothing about his server and community.. Wouldn't I have let MTA:RP Die 2 months ago?
Not only have I been focusing on the hosting cost for the past 2 months, I actually have all our bills paid up thru November.. I am working on paying up through 2016 before i relax on that point as well..
MTA:RP means a lot more to me than just money. It always has, and always will. Even if this server falls down and only gets 3 players total per week, its something that I can say I personally created myself. I've been apart of past projects such as Ved.ic but that wasn't my creation, I simply funded Ved.ic..

So why does everyone have this assumption that I am money hungry?
It seems to be a common occurrence with MTA, where someone eventually feels like they are worth more than they actually are.. A prefect few examples of that are our past developers.. Joel, Bunny (although he wasn't a developer, he was a head admin) and Mittell are my best examples.
Those people will support and stand with the server until the very end, at least until they feel like they have more self worth than they actually do.. Eventually one by one each of those examples felt like they could do their own server better.. They went on a spree gathering people together with them, spreading any kind of rumor or lie they can to make me look bad. Unfortunately no matter how many times i come here to the forums, and make a public post explaining my side of every story, It didn't help.
Those convinced against their will, Have the same opinion still - Dave Ramsey
Each of those former higher up's went on to make their own servers, and pulled many many many players from here to their own creations. And one by one, typically one month later, Failed. Died. Ended. Now all of those "higher up's" either have quit MTA or play at ***.

Despite what some say and think, I am still the friendly, Fun guy you once liked and supported. MTA:RP was never about making a million dollars or whatever anyone else seems to think. Although we probably are the most profitable MTA Server in the history of MTA Roleplay in general.. That's completely not what this server is or ever was about.

No amount of my explanations or convincing is going to change the opinions of many. Once they have their mind set that things are a certain way, they will believe it regardless of how much proof is presented to them proving otherwise. For those people, there's nothing any of us can do..

MTA:RP is my creation.. its my baby. If It fails, I'll go down with it. But not without putting up every piece of energy I have to fight against it first. But that's not something I can do alone. I will need the help of my admin team, and those dedicated players who refuse to leave, despite all their friends going elsewhere. Those people are what makes this community a community, rather than a dead forum.

Now that I've posted a thread 5 paragraphs long, and most of you likely wont read it all the way though.. I will end with...

I am open to doing new ideas. But I want to make sure those ideas are going to work.
Let me know what you think about the multiple server idea, that way we can do a full test without loosing anything.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png