aliqamber2

New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-Add the voice local voice system on the server
and the players can talk with Main Chat and Voice Chat
With what they want .. and the Voice Chat will be IC only !

Advantages/Benefits
-Local Voice chat only and not main ..

Disadvantages
[ - ]
If any

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- enjoy roleplaying with this Feature for the server gamers
Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- i press "Z" to talk

Additional information:
-I do not have the script

Last edited by a moderator:

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator

Voice chat doesn't log, and I don't wanna hear squeakers yelling out random things

thats why we got ts lol

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator

Voice chat doesn't log, and I don't wanna hear squeakers yelling out random things

thats why we got ts lol

This, basically.

You can use TS for talking. It's used for IC purposes as well.

Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion though, lets await other opinions.

aliqamber2

some players is using skype or somethink else and they dont like teamspeak system .. bcz that i write this idea .. and for enjoying, i see Arma III Roleplaying and ِarma system is not for the Role Play and its cool and they use voice system for IC only and At the same time it's not for the Role Play and is a fun with Voice system ..

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Same reasons as above.

Also Im one of those people who doesn't like talking to people I don't know irl but only met in a game.
Even when I was a admin, I almost never used TS.

Luka

I think this is a clear no, but I don't mind waiting for other replies. And by the way, -1.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
I want this.. just make it record everything you say and save it in small clips? idk.. I'd support it tho

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Youd need alot of space for it to be able to record everyone. And I definitely wouldn't want it saving on my pc. That mean overload would have to upgrade storage by alot.

Fusionz

Donator
Donator
This is theoretically possible.

Use a "speech-to-text" api. Transfer all the audio to the api, then the text returns and can be used for IC chat and logs as well.
Give players the option to toggle it to their liking, so they either see the IC text as usual or both voice and text.

This would require a lot of effort and if it actually works out is a second.
Also requires a lot of research to see if the voice-chat is capable of being send over.

Fusionz

Donator
Donator
Would work if you got different voices. I wouldn't care for a gangster sounding like a robot or an italian lawyer, for example, which is why just voice chat would be better.

You know this is "speech-to-text" with actual voice input. Not the other way around.

masterchief

Would work if you got different voices. I wouldn't care for a gangster sounding like a robot or an italian lawyer, for example, which is why just voice chat would be better.

dat sig doe, so i must respond with some 7.62X54R from my mosine m91/30

bK4rMJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka

This is theoretically possible.

Use a "speech-to-text" api. Transfer all the audio to the api, then the text returns and can be used for IC chat and logs as well.
Give players the option to toggle it to their liking, so they either see the IC text as usual or both voice and text.

This would require a lot of effort and if it actually works out is a second.
Also requires a lot of research to see if the voice-chat is capable of being send over.

Need more votes, only this will be taken into consideration.

sUp5rET.png