sUp5rET.png

Server Downtime

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
When it Rains, It pours

Tonight we started having issues with our Backup Server, Unfortunately it appears as if we had a Virus on that server.. The virus was using us as a Botnet, Uploading at 500-900Mbps to somewhere.. Although im sure it was unwanted DDoS traffic, the botnet was using OUR server to Hit someone else. When i found this, and tried to stop it, it decided to uninstall its own network drivers.

After about 2 Hours of fighting that, I am now able to get on the server and get what little backups I can, before reformatting and reinstalling the Backup server. With any luck, we won't be offline but for about 2-3 more hours...

The bad news:
Among all this, one thing that I do not regularly keep hourly backups of, is the Backup Server. Usually its never both servers down at the same time, and its a job to keep both main and backup servers in sync. This virus discovery today has caused us to loose our most recent database. Our latest backup is about 24 hours old.
This means, Anything that has been done thus far on the Backup Server has not been saved, None of it. Luckily this is only a Day rollback, rather than a month (could you imagine) But never the less, its a inconvenient rollback.

Ill set everyone some free VIP for the trouble of this, But Hopefully when i get everything back up and running, we will be smooth sailing until the main server is back, Which is expected to be back Thursday or Friday with a all new SSD in it.

Stick with us in this rocky time, we will always come out on top as we have in the past. We will try our very hardest to have a flawless worry free gaming experience by the coming weekend :)

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
All my stuffs what i buy and take wont be back? :(

Unfortunally it's not possible to give you back what you've lost.

You see, it's hard to provide proof that you actually owned those objects,

not even to mention that.. If we'd had to check over 70+ players we'd be bussy for like 1-2 months.

You've been given 24 VIP hours, you could try to sell those. They can get you some money, that should be covering up the "damage".

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
24 VIP sold at 5k per point, is $120,000. Not bad.
We hope to get back to normal by Friday! and if all works out, on a brand new SSD :)

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Ive been given a confirmation that our server will be back to normal tomorrow, (Friday) And i should be able to get everything setup in the late late hours of the night, good to go for Saturday.
Hopefully this SSD will improve everything :)

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
I think I speak for the whole community if I say: Thank you for all the hard work. Good job, Staff!

sUp5rET.png