sUp5rET.png

Recent changes

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Hello,

So... Regarding the recent changes I feel I have a few things I need to share with not only the rest of the community, but also with the authors of these specific changes.

Speedmods are removed, FRT being revamped, recent head admin promotions etc., etc.

Let me start by saying how much I think removing the speedmods is a good idea, but at the same time think is somewhat a huge risk. It's really good based on the fact that we are now a very large step closer to closing everything in regards to "paying to win", which means a lot of people who has recently left due to this, are now probably likely to return. This is a huuugeeee step in the right direction, and I love how this has been decided. Nonetheless, this is at the same time a very, very big risk being taken, however, I agree with the decision and I think it's more than just a risk worth taking. This is probably something which will wash the statwhores away, but at the same time bring legit, and high-standard roleplayers back to the server. I believe this is the right way to go about it.

There WILL be people complaining, they WILL say they spent real life money on their speedmods etc. and they did. They get mad, it is somewhat understandable, but at the same time they need to remember what they did was contribute to the server. They DONATED. Upon donating you are in theory not entitled to receiving anything in return, however, you did at the time you donated. But with a donation being a donation, there's always a chance of your "gift" being removed.

As for revamping the Faction Review Team, I also can't complain about that. I don't think previous FRT admins have done a bad job, but I believe that the main source of the issue with most of our factions is simply that you could buy a faction for basically nothing. Factions should in my opinion not be possible to buy through real life money. Regardless of how much people are willing to pay. It will be good to get this issue straightened out as well.

There is a good chance the removal of these donation perks will in certain ways affect the server's economy, but on the other hand, I think it will be well worth it in the long run due to the playerbase most likely improving, causing more, and more people to join our community, which will hopefully cause new people to donate as well.

This is going to bring equality on the server, meaning no IRL rich person will be better than someone who can't afford to donate using real life money on MTA.

The new administration promotions are really, really great to see. Tor and Bunny are on the same activity level as someone who has just received their trial admin. They are certainly the right people to promote for these positions. I know how helpful both Tor and Bunny were back when I was an admin myself, and I'm not for a second doubting they've stopped being helpful.

Beatty becoming co-owner of MTA:RP can in no way be a bad decision. Since he was promoted to a Head Admin there has been nothing but good changes around here. Beatty is not scared of meeting the issues straight on, and working well to solve them before they become larger problems. The playerbase has recently been dropping, and the server hasn't reached its highest potential in a long, long time. But it seems that with the new changes, there's a good chance we will soon prevail.

Alright. I felt the need to make this thread to help backup these recent changes, and show my appreciation.

P.S... I have just now got all my 5 speedmods removed with no refunds, and it's awesome :cool:

Thank you for reading.

Have a nice time.

~ MikZeR

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend
We sure had to do a a lot to get to the position where we are now. It is our players who have done so much to get us this far. We've been thinking about doing this for a while but we were scared, and we made the changes now and we can't say we are any more proud to say we were Multi Theft Auto Roleplay.

Thanks for your opinion, we love feedback!

Beatty

Donator
Aw, thanks Mikzer :p

You can get refunds for your speedmods if you want, we're allowing that now! Otherwise we won't be removing anything, they'll simply disappear as time goes on (either by LSPD, Hex, or simply crushing). Everything else we hope will bring us back from a 'how deep is my wallet...' to a 'how good is my RP'.

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
We sure had to do a a lot to get to the position where we are now. It is our players who have done so much to get us this far. We've been thinking about doing this for a while but we were scared, and we made the changes now and we can't say we are any more proud to say we were Multi Theft Auto Roleplay.

Thanks for your opinion, we love feedback!

Aw, thanks Mikzer :p

You can get refunds for your speedmods if you want, we're allowing that now! Otherwise we won't be removing anything, they'll simply disappear as time goes on (either by LSPD, Hex, or simply crushing). Everything else we hope will bring us back from a 'how deep is my wallet...' to a 'how good is my RP'.

Ah I see, well I'm sure that'll make more people tempted to have their speedmods removed as well.

I think it's important to give feedback not only in the form of complaining about something you're not satisfied with, but just as much when something good happens :D

maramizo

<b><span style="color:FFFFFF;">MTA:RP Player</span
Economically speaking:

1. Current modded vehicles will be worth almost double prices, since they cannot be obtained anymore. Statwhores aren't gone yet, atleast not until all of the vehicles have gone out of circulation. You should expect seeing a few players sell those vehicles for huge amounts atleast in the upcoming months.

2. Many players who you wouldn't have expected to have money at all will gain a lot of money through this; since the people who would purchase said vehicles are more than likely to be already rich people who have 200k paychecks. (Somewhat similar to the money laundering process, but instead of being complete noobs who have 15-800k, this certain group of people who are going to get insanely richer are the class of 800k - 2mil, expect the average player in that class to have an ending net value of 6~8mil max).

3. People who purchase vPoints will still be able to become "Rich" by selling vPoints through F5, you can still /bigj and .75% interest your paycheck with vPoints, so I believe there would still be a fair amount of willingness (aka safe market) to purchase and sell vPoints. (Keep in mind that the last thing that you want to have is vPoints which are worthless, because then no-one would probably donate).
So the question raised is: How will you prevent the economy from having this huge amount of inflation? (Keeping in mind that as long as the rich people keep their money, it is considered M1 or maybe even M2, which economically is money that isn't really active in the circulation. However, when they use it, it becomes M0, which is active money in the circulation; this causes inflation of the M0, AKA inflation of the money circulation).

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Economically speaking:

1. Current modded vehicles will be worth almost double prices, since they cannot be obtained anymore. Statwhores aren't gone yet, atleast not until all of the vehicles have gone out of circulation. You should expect seeing a few players sell those vehicles for huge amounts atleast in the upcoming months.

2. Many players who you wouldn't have expected to have money at all will gain a lot of money through this; since the people who would purchase said vehicles are more than likely to be already rich people who have 200k paychecks. (Somewhat similar to the money laundering process, but instead of being complete noobs who have 15-800k, this certain group of people who are going to get insanely richer are the class of 800k - 2mil, expect the average player in that class to have an ending net value of 6~8mil max).

3. People who purchase vPoints will still be able to become "Rich" by selling vPoints through F5, you can still /bigj and .75% interest your paycheck with vPoints, so I believe there would still be a fair amount of willingness (aka safe market) to purchase and sell vPoints. (Keep in mind that the last thing that you want to have is vPoints which are worthless, because then no-one would probably donate).
So the question raised is: How will you prevent the economy from having this huge amount of inflation? (Keeping in mind that as long as the rich people keep their money, it is considered M1 or maybe even M2, which economically is money that isn't really active in the circulation. However, when they use it, it becomes M0, which is active money in the circulation; this causes inflation of the M0, AKA inflation of the money circulation).

Hello, thanks for the feed back. To answer your question my side is that people will be buying cars, and houses, VIP, and when they do that, their bank will go down, and the money will be deleted if they buy a house or car. It will fix itself with these small changes! Cheers

Beatty

Donator
We don't plan on doing anything in regards to inflation, at least at the moment. The pros and cons were weighed and it was decided by that. The way the economic system is set up and the way donations have worked in the past, the economy is already inflated and overwhelmed. With over four trillion on the server, we eclipse everything. Inflation is not a worry and won't be, everything is already as it is, money will just be moved around from player to player. Hopefully this will promote faction roleplay, since many players don't invest in factions without having amassed a great amount of wealth.

maramizo

Hopefully this will promote faction roleplay, since many players don't invest in factions without having amassed a great amount of wealth.

This would make sense; however, people used to pay a lot of money when getting factions due to two things: #1 Buying the faction itself. #2 Buying v12/v16 vehicles for the faction. This money was paid to the system itself which means it was being moved out of circulation. However, to get the named vehicles, they will be bought from other players; implying they will still be in the circulation. The only way to prevent that from happening is to completely prevent v12/v16s from being sold (This can occur IC wise or OOC wise, for example, you could drastically reduce the amount of sales by making v12s and v16s illegal; people would be unable to make ads about them and would have a really hard time buying/selling them).

Either way, it's always good to see the server changing and adding/removing stuff; I love the change of metas and adapting to new ones. Good luck, everyone!

Luka

This would make sense; however, people used to pay a lot of money when getting factions due to two things: #1 Buying the faction itself. #2 Buying v12/v16 vehicles for the faction. This money was paid to the system itself which means it was being moved out of circulation. However, to get the named vehicles, they will be bought from other players; implying they will still be in the circulation. The only way to prevent that from happening is to completely prevent v12/v16s from being sold (This can occur IC wise or OOC wise, for example, you could drastically reduce the amount of sales by making v12s and v16s illegal; people would be unable to make ads about them and would have a really hard time buying/selling them).

Either way, it's always good to see the server changing and adding/removing stuff; I love the change of metas and adapting to new ones. Good luck, everyone!

Making v12 and v16 illegal? Well, not a bad idea actually, but due to all the governments factions actually owning the v12/v16 vehicles themselves, I don't think that'll work.

Torecee

I love these recent changes!
We've also got a lot of other great stuff comming up to improve the server even more!

Beatty

Donator
Making v12 and v16 illegal? Well, not a bad idea actually, but due to all the governments factions actually owning the v12/v16 vehicles themselves, I don't think that'll work.

No government faction has speed modded vehicles.

Mr.H

Lemme understand something cauz I am a bit confused.You can remove your V12 and get a refund?THat rfund will be VIP or IG cash?

maramizo

Even HSU?

As far as I've been told, HSU is allowed.
However, after having a discussion with masterchief, it had come to our attention that only HSU having speed modded vehicles makes no sense, since they cannot patrol. Hence, until HSU gets to the location of the chase, the suspect would've probably eaten dinner and all tucked up in bed.

LSPD's HSU are a legal exception; and could be handled IC'ly as one accordingly.

ShaktarBoy

I really believe that these changes gonna improve the server, as you guys said, it was a hard decision to make. But I think it will IMPROVE the RP on this server, and also make in more like a "RP server" and not like a "Cops & Robbers server" that I though it was going to be if it would continue like that... There was also too many 25pwr and 50pwr cars (v12 & v16) on the server. Making them illegal is a neutral point from me, not bad or good. And I do agree that it would give the server a HUGE lift on the playerbase and more quality RP! I really support these new changes!

Bunny

Why don't players get the amount of vPoints the engine was worth?

You're simply offering to help us out, we shouldn't give you anything in return. We just offered a little VIP saying "hey thanks for helping us out"

maramizo

You're simply offering to help us out, we shouldn't give you anything in return. We just offered a little VIP saying "hey thanks for helping us out"

Actually, I agree with this after rethinking it over.
It makes sense that you only refund a small amount of the engine's worth, so that economically speaking, the actual BASE VALUE of the engine (aka the value you can sell it to the system for, minimum value in other words) should never equal the actual amount you bought it for, otherwise you're ensuring the prices go up.

If this is what you guys thought of when making this; then I shall tip my fedora for thy.

Beatty

Donator
As far as I've been told, HSU is allowed.
However, after having a discussion with masterchief, it had come to our attention that only HSU having speed modded vehicles makes no sense, since they cannot patrol. Hence, until HSU gets to the location of the chase, the suspect would've probably eaten dinner and all tucked up in bed.

LSPD's HSU are a legal exception; and could be handled IC'ly as one accordingly.

Not even HSU has speed mods. No government vehicle has speed mods, period.

sUp5rET.png