sUp5rET.png

Who is Overload?

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Well, Crazy story.. I realized I've never even done my own Introduction.
Many people play here (and many more who use to..) who don't even actually know Who I am..

My MTA History:​

I started MTA:RP in April, 2012...
In 2008 I started playing MTA at Valhalla MTA. My friend Drew had shown me the server, and got me started. I was a total noob to Roleplay.. I tried to avoid interaction with other players, because I had no clue what I was doing, and got nervous I would do something wrong...
Fast Forward to 2009, I met a player (Who i cant remember his IG name, But it was Austin Evans IRL) who gave me a small loan of 100k to help me really get started.
That year I joined Los Santos Towing and Recovery (LST&R) And worked under James Fields. I really enjoyed the aspect of towing cars, and occasionally getting shot at lol. But at the end of the day the police were always on MY side, which for someone who still didn't 100% know what he was doing, It made things easier.
Toward the end of 2009 I became the Owner of LST&R after Fields stepped down.
In 2010 I applied, and was accepted into the admin Team. By then, I was pretty well versed on how things worked, and understood the rules. Valhalla did a trial run for their Trial Admins, You had 30 days to prove yourself or be removed. I became good friends with all of the Lead and Head admins, Joined the SWAT Team, and on top of all that had the highest report count for the month of over 2,000.
Tomate (a head admin at the time) made this song for me!
Honestly, I still don't know why.. But Mount (The then server owner) had a personal vendetta against me, He removed me from the admin team without providing any reason, and he admin took over LST&R...
All my friends on the higher admin team agreed I was done dirty. And unfortunately I had no interest in playing there anymore.
In late 2010 I joined Dev and Vedic Gaming Roleplay. This server I believe had a LOT of potential, but unfortunately Dev kept giving his password out to everyone so the server was "hacked" on a daily basis (LOL)
So I moved on, I joined with my friend Austin Holloway & BaggedDev to make Cylus Gaming Roleplay, but some disagreements with Staff lead to Austin pulling the plug on the project..

At this point, I felt like my time on MTA was done... As a complete joke, in April 2012 I took the latest Valhalla Script and created a server called "Walhalla" and to my surprise, people started playing. So we renamed it to Multi Theft Auto Roleplay and rolled with it..
Here we are, 12 years later..

----

RL History:​

Despite what some may believe, I'm not just some Rich kid. I actually grew up pretty poor.
My parents split up when I was 16, and my mom was Permanently Disabled. We survived on her disability income until I became old enough to get my own job and make my own money. Today she lives with me, because there's no way she'd be able to survive on her income alone in these times..
16 was a pretty dark area for me, Coincidentally that was in 2006, 2 years before I would discover MTA as a place to "Escape". I also quit school right after my parents split up.
I started my first job at Wal-Mart in 2008, Which was my least favorite job ever lol. I quit about 7 months in, and bounced around to different jobs here and there.
In 2012 I created a Facebook Fan page that would later get recognized by AT&T the telecom provider, and they flew me out to their Dev Summit in Las Vegas two years in a row...
That partnership with AT&T ended shortly after, but it was a good way to get my foot in the door with telecom.
I've done a lot over the years. I like to find tings that interest me, that may also make me money.. I made Free Packet Hosting in 2012, A Tech blog, My Personal blog, I own a few websites where I sell things such as Mofi Store, License Warehouse, ARV Internet.. As you can see this list could go on and on, Because that's just what I've always done. Growing up i had the choice to figure out what I could do to make money, Or starve to death. So you can clearly see what route i went..
Long story short, I got my current job 5 years ago, Its a great desk job.. I only work 2 days a week.. So honestly I can't complain! (That's all I really want to say about that, Publicly)

I started doing YouTube back in 2006 or so. My first channel was ultimately banned, and I had to make a new one, Which is the one I am on today.

I basically hated school throughout.. I had this thing about me that once I learned something, I didnt care to do "practice work" anymore. Which ultimately made my grades slip. Slipping grades causes for more problems... Despite passing all the end of grade testing in 5th grade, because I didn't have good grades throughout the year, They decided to fail me in 5th grade.. I had to repeat the 5th grade. It was at that point that I basically checked out of school. I stopped caring, stopped listening. The Day I tuned 16 I was legally old enough to quit, and thats exactly what I did. My dislike for school, combined with the out of school situation i was in... It all just fell in to place.
In Middle School I basically had one friend. That one friend I shared Physical Educaiton class, and English Class with. We were ALWAYS goofing off. We chose to walk to track during P.E. rather than participating in whatever they were doing that day. We spent a lot of time walking and talking in those years. He and I played Second Life together, and spend a lot of time on Skype when not at school.
Unfortunately, He passed away last year.

Before MTA, Me and Tommy would play Second Life.. I met a lot of other friends in SL as well. I still play SL today, and am an Island Owner (20 to be exact). This is just one more method of income for me..

Long story short, I guesss you could say im a bit of a loner. I like to keep to myself, and keep my friend group close. We typically have skype calls nightly.
It's not all doom and gloom though. In 2009 I went to a college class to get my High School Diploma. As long as I graduated around the same time I would have when I was in school, I could get a High School Diploma instead of a GED. So i went with only months to spare, Took the test, and actually scored really high.

----

MTA:RP History​

Over the years, I've ran MTA:RP through the good times and the bad... The initial creation of the server wasnt even meant to be serious. But it became serious as more people joined.
At first I didn't know anything about LUA scripting, so I hired scripters over and over and over to try and improve this community. I eventually learend how to write LUA myself, but I still have the help of Mach2 and Jockeyzz today.
We've dealt with a LOT of DDoS attacks, which ran in to a lot of money to keep the server online.. But despite all the down's we've had.. I still very much enjoy MTA:RP, and do everything I can to keep it online. I love to come in and remember all the fun times we've had over the years, and hope to continue to make more fun memories over years to come. (Maybe its time someone made me another song LOL)

----

Hopefully this introduction gives you some insight to me and my life.
I am a pretty easy going person. If you ever have a need come to me directly! Ill do everything I can to help.

sUp5rET.png