sUp5rET.png

What can we do?

Chaoss

The real MVP
This thread is for you to post different ideas or things you want done with this server/community. We are looking at raising our playerbase again and we are looking for what you want. Just make sure you are not being a dick in your post and not targeting anyone directly. If you have specific complaints or things that may start flame wars then just send me a PM!

Otherwise if you got some friendly ideas, then post them below. This is a community for you and we wouldn't be anywhere without our amazing players that stay with us everyday.

ANY idea is considered, if enough people want it we will do it.

BboyEnzo

+1 , how bout naval delivery job ....i would say air wise too...but i dont wanna give nubs access to planes #911inMTA

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Also would be nice if the pay of the jobs were raised cause doing a 15 min bus route for 1k isn't worth spending my time on. What about a trucking job where you get a load in ls and drive it to lv or get a load in sf and drive it some where in lv and this way these other citys would become more active and more rp would be in these citys and im talking about the big semi trucks with trailers not the small trucks.

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Truth is, what truly makes a community great, is not the amount of scripts they have, it's not truly about the amount of features. Of course, these two things are definitely a big bonus and a big plus, and they're the top of the iceberg, if so to say.

However, what TRULY makes a great community great, is its playerbase and its staff. Not necessarily a big playerbase, but a welcoming community with welcoming admins. So far, I'd say we're accomplishing this pretty well here on MTA:RP, at least as far as I've seen myself since my return. However, each individual player in this community, can actually help raise its playerbase, if they want to, of course.

When spotting a new player, simply welcome this new player, and make this new player feel welcome on the server. Generally, having a great attitude towards anyone on the server not only help you raise your own reputation, but it also helps raising the community's reputation in the eyes of other players. It's theoretically some sort of a circle, when a player finds a server they really like, a server which welcomes the player, they'll tell their friends about it, their friends might then join, and if they feel the same way, they'll most likely tell their friends about it, this way, we can continously increase our population within the community.

This doesn't happen over night, but this is a good way to go. Everyone just need to take this into consideration when they're talking to new players, and when they're roleplaying with them. No one likes getting screwed over as soon as they join the server, people will easily leave if that's the case.

I hope you'll think about it guys! :)

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
The warns and such are often necessary. We need people that aren't going to listen to staff or follow rules to be taken care of so the rest of us can have a good time. I would like to see more events. In fact, i'm trying to make a comeback myself and I have a huge mapped race track. I think I might be willing to help organize something if conditions work out the way we hope they can.

Aside from that, I think it would be wise if our 'Rival' communities would learn to play well together and actually help each other out instead of attack each other. That might help a lot.

JohnC

Donator
Donator
The warns and such are often necessary. We need people that aren't going to listen to staff or follow rules to be taken care of so the rest of us can have a good time. I would like to see more events. In fact, i'm trying to make a comeback myself and I have a huge mapped race track. I think I might be willing to help organize something if conditions work out the way we hope they can.

Aside from that, I think it would be wise if our 'Rival' communities would learn to play well together and actually help each other out instead of attack each other. That might help a lot.

+1 ^

Senior

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Adding new modded skins, Vehicles, Roads, Engine sounds and Weapons for example? I know that maybe some players gets some FPS lagg from that But we need to have the ability to Turn them ON or OFF Like the modded vehicles script, Adding rule saying that we should start Roleplaying traffic lights for more realistic RP and Adding a rule about it in the PD Penal codes.

Last edited by a moderator:

pickens

Also would be nice if the pay of the jobs were raised cause doing a 15 min bus route for 1k isn't worth spending my time on. What about a trucking job where you get a load in ls and drive it to lv or get a load in sf and drive it some where in lv and this way these other citys would become more active and more rp would be in these citys and im talking about the big semi trucks with trailers not the small trucks.
Going off of this, i know a server that has a system like this, its not a RP server its a RPG server but yah we could do that and have just different drop off points and have it so different loads equal different money and have it so theres like illegal loads and if you do illegal loads it like informs the cops and they can try and hunt you down and it wouldnt inform them of like your name or anything but just like the license plate number on the truck and trailer and yah

Taiven

What Can We Do?​

Here's a list of things I thought could be useful.

- Make Faction Scripts Dynamic so that you can assign certain commands to a certain Faction ID. This way there can always be multiple HEX's, PDs, and so on without having to do so much work.

- Accept Faction (Custom) Scripts from players. Say a player wants to open up there own Postal Service... and they need commands like hex or a custom script that allows players to receive mail and such. You can get the players to write there own scripts and send it in for inspection once they have a faction or their Idea is approved by the FRT.

- Update the bank system so that you have to use an ATM card.. I know its pretty petty but its actually quite fun. Because people it gives players more responsibility over there characters.

- Review the rules. The rule that says you can't steal cars unless the owner is online.. Well IRL whether your dead or alive they take your "shit" (excuse the language). It should be up to the player to take the necessary actions to prevent or be able to deal with this when it happens. If not they can just hire Repo Dudes to go look for there property. Right?

- Update the carshop system and vehicle system so that players can enlist there vehicles to be for sale as if it was at a dealership.. I'm pretty sure it is as easy as /park. (Ya know with that information Icon to the right of it)

- Update the overall controls so that they can also work on a controller if a player uses one. I use an Xbox 360 controller to drive but I cant bind the locks or engine to anything. You can easily add a command handler for that.

- Update the jobs. I mean its fun being a bus driver but don't you think that same route gets old? Besides I've seen people including myself try to make public transportation businesses but we can never kick anything off because the faction needs special commands and scripts to create dynamic routes and things and no one has that.

- Change the jail time from hours to minutes... I mean its possible the player count is low cause everyone got locked up. Js. We all like to do crazy crap I mean hay' its Grand Theft Auto. I'd expect admin jail to be hours... not PD jail. Although I can understand your trying to keep it "real life" like.

- Communicate with the community more, YES! even more so then you do now. Hold weekly meetings and get the community involved on the servers future more often. After all a server is its players.

Thats all I can come up with for now.

If you start allowing player scripts for factions and add the function so you can assign certain scripts for a certain faction ID. You will be able to see things come to light. For instance if someone create a mail script and you add that to your faction script database to be used with others to assign scripts... maybe even assign multiple scripts. Not only will you be able to have the Postal Service as a faction but maybe even UPS and such. For instance HEX is the only one who can tow cars with that special handbrake off script. But I can't become a repo man because there is no need. No one rent there cars out and need to recover property. I can't make a towing company cause I cant tow vehicles like HEX with that special handbrake script and impound. I can't be a mechanic cause only HEX can paint and tint cars. Its that kind of limiting that is put on players that sucks the creativity and fun out of MTA RP.

Because the scripts are so static and narrow minded no one can dynamically do what they want in the world you say we can do what ever.

If you revise your scripts and make necessary updates I'm sure you can change how the game play feels. Just like Rockstar Games did from GTA SA to GTA IV. Grand Theft Auto V can be anywhere... it doesn't necessarily have to play on PS3 or PS4. As far as I can see it. MTA RP is the GTA XXVI of them all. And it will always be the best one. Sadly even the best don't last forever if changes aren't made.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
taivan said:
If you start allowing player scripts for factions and add the function so you can assign certain scripts for a certain faction ID. You will be able to see things come to light. For instance if someone create a mail script and you add that to your faction script database to be used with others to assign scripts... maybe even assign multiple scripts. Not only will you be able to have the Postal Service as a faction but maybe even UPS and such. For instance HEX is the only one who can tow cars with that special handbrake off script. But I can't become a repo man because there is no need. No one rent there cars out and need to recover property. I can't make a towing company cause I cant tow vehicles like HEX with that special handbrake script and impound. I can't be a mechanic cause only HEX can paint and tint cars. Its that kind of limiting that is put on players that sucks the creativity and fun out of MTA RP.

While I can agree to this to a point, The point I have to make is, If we allowed more Hex-like factions to exist, people would eventually bitch because people would be abusing their tow trucks all day long, which would eventually lead to Towtrucks being again restricted to official factions. I think its a huge step with this new Vehicle orders thing being introduced because (how I understood it) anyone with a towtruck could take the order. though I've not tested this yet.

Ya'll don't need to be able to tow cars with the handbrake that's set. If you need to tow something with the handbrake on, Let the owner disable the handbrake. For ANYONE not in Hex to tow another person's vehicle, The other person MUST give OOC permission. Period.

taiven said:
- Update the carshop system and vehicle system so that players can enlist there vehicles to be for sale as if it was at a dealership.. I'm pretty sure it is as easy as /park. (Ya know with that information Icon to the right of it)
While I like the idea, I just don't think it would be the best idea. BUT, I think a compromise could be met and ALLOW the CHOICE of doing this Versus selling by owner. not forcing it.

Taiven said:
- Review the rules. The rule that says you can't steal cars unless the owner is online.. Well IRL whether your dead or alive they take your "shit" (excuse the language). It should be up to the player to take the necessary actions to prevent or be able to deal with this when it happens. If not they can just hire Repo Dudes to go look for there property. Right?

Rules like this are here because of the players that Don't take care of it and generally admins get tired of the complaining, so rules get made.
However, on the other hand. I could Lock my cars in the garage, fit it with starter interrupting security systems, and they'd still haul ass with my $800k bullet and I'd never be able to find it.
IF rules like that end up revised, I say introduce a script that allows a vehicle owner to find the vehicle EVEN IF in an interior.

Everything else, I could give or take, but the ideas are not too bad. at least somebody is thinking ahead here!

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Rules like this are here because of the players that Don't take care of it and generally admins get tired of the complaining, so rules get made.
However, on the other hand. I could Lock my cars in the garage, fit it with starter interrupting security systems, and they'd still haul ass with my $800k bullet and I'd never be able to find it.
IF rules like that end up revised, I say introduce a script that allows a vehicle owner to find the vehicle EVEN IF in an interior.

Everything else, I could give or take, but the ideas are not too bad. at least somebody is thinking ahead here!

How about a simple gps tracker that you could buy as a item and put it in your car then do /trackcar and it puts a red dot on your map where your car is at and if you had mutple cars you could do /trackcar [id of car]

AndyAndreiH

A great idea, in my opinion, would be to add a way to take out a loan from the bank that would then take a set amount of money on each payday. I've seen many people, including myself, getting stuck at a certain point due to the lack of money, so this would be a big help for those people. Of course, the system would be capped to a certain amount, so people don't overdo it. If then, the person doesn't have the money to pay for the loan, he would get automatically jailed, or something similar.

Swinekills

Donator
Donator
Hmmm, Summer Sale for VIP, and factions and such, that'd be cool. On top of that, maybe new donor cars? More donator perks, those are just things i'd like to see as a donator, but player wise for everyone to enjoy, someone said it, more events, at least more activity from the events team, no reason we shouldn't have at least an event per say two weeks or month, choice is yours.
Can't really think of much else for the time being, i'll hit ya up when I got more.

sUp5rET.png