MTA:RP Forum Legend
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[X ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
As an admin especially low level there's a bunch of reports that we simply can't do however once there's a report that the current admins can't do it keeps popping up as an reminder. Duo to the fact that the admin can't help the person i suggest we have a command to ignore the report. For example a player makes an interior request. I can't help that so i can do /ignr 1 (or anything else) so that the report doesn't show up to me anymore.

Advantages/Benefits
Never ever have to look at a report that i can't resolve 219214 times.

Disadvantages
If any

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
-

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
-

Additional information:
Shouldn't be to hard to script i guess idk.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
or, make it so when you report it gives you a list of what type of report you're submitting (interior/Item/Player/Vehicle/Other Report) and depending on what you choose it will be visible to the certain level of admin that are able to do the report

Example:

*Submits interior report*

The report is only visible to Super+ admins

Malachi

or, make it so when you report it gives you a list of what type of report you're submitting (interior/Item/Player/Vehicle/Other Report) and depending on what you choose it will be visible to the certain level of admin that are able to do the report

Example:

*Submits interior report*

The report is only visible to Super+ admins

+1, I can see having a command to ignore a report being abused also.

Stick

*doesn't want to do report*

*ignores*

Lead Admin: Do the report

Admin: What report

If the admin says "what report" then he personally has chosen to ignore the report, the head admin will obviously infract the admin for that as he has avoided a report (he could do) on purpose. This can't be abused without other admins seeing it.

Luka

If the admin says "what report" then he personally has chosen to ignore the report, the head admin will obviously infract the admin for that as he has avoided a report (he could do) on purpose. This can't be abused without other admins seeing it.

Exactly, we can also make it output a line for head administrators saying: [HeadAdmWarn]Stick has marked report #2 as "ignored".

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We already log each report, so I'm thinking as long as it logs who chose to ignore it then should be ok. That way we can easily see if sufficient level admins are ignoring reports they can be doing.

Chaoss

The real MVP
or just ignore the fact that the report is there and PM the player that there is nobody online to handle the report right now so they are aware.

Super unnecessary.

Fusionz

Donator
Donator
What if the report requires a Admin+ or higher and you're a Trial Admin and choose to ignore the report?
After a while the player will get upset due to the fact he's being ignored.

For example;
If you don't ignore the report and after while it still keeps popping up, you think hey, maybe I should just accept it and explain why it doesn't get accepted (normal people do this, no offense)

It's not up to you to choose if you should ignore the report. What if you actually can handle the report without knowing?
This can cause confusion and interference with other Admins. Especially when you are able to do the report but just ignore it, it will end up in a discussion.

Players will feel ignored.
-1, just no.

EDIT:
Also, this will give Admins an excuse for not doing reports!
Admin: It's been half a hour, could you please do the report? Other Admin: Sorry, I ignored it.
(Rage incoming)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stick

What if the report requires a Admin+ or higher and you're a Trial Admin and choose to ignore the report?
After a while the player will get upset due to the fact he's being ignored.

For example;
If you don't ignore the report and after while it still keeps popping up, you think hey, maybe I should just accept it and explain why it doesn't get accepted (normal people do this, no offense)

It's not up to you to choose if you should ignore the report. What if you actually can handle the report without knowing?
This can cause confusion and interference with other Admins. Especially when you are able to do the report but just ignore it, it will end up in a discussion.

Players will feel ignored.
-1, just no.

EDIT:
Also, this will give Admins an excuse for not doing reports!
Admin: It's been half a hour, could you please do the report? Other Admin: Sorry, I ignored it.
(Rage incoming)

I disagree, what a lame excuse.. Sorry but it's kinda nonsense if you say "what if he ignores the report and the admin could've helped him anyways" if you can help the player then you don't ignore the report obviously, 5 minuts later you still can't help him because you didn't magicly get promoted. I don't know what's more annoying for a player that he has to wait because no one can help him at that point or me (as trial) telling him that he can't be helped because there is no one and telling him to make a report later, player will be required to keep track of the admin logging in that he needs instead of just getting the report accepted when someone logs in.

Fusionz

Donator
Donator
I disagree, what a lame excuse.. Sorry but it's kinda nonsense if you say "what if he ignores the report and the admin could've helped him anyways" if you can help the player then you don't ignore the report obviously, 5 minuts later you still can't help him because you didn't magicly get promoted. I don't know what's more annoying for a player that he has to wait because no one can help him at that point or me (as trial) telling him that he can't be helped because there is no one and telling him to make a report later, player will be required to keep track of the admin logging in that he needs instead of just getting the report accepted when someone logs in.

It's good that a admin will get reminded over time that the report still exists so you can eventually tell him that there is still no one to help him instead of no response at all.

And still, this can be abused -> "if you can help the player then you don't ignore the report obviously", normally you won't, do not give Admins excuses to do so.

Malachi

It's good that a admin will get reminded over time that the report still exists so you can eventually tell him that there is still no one to help him instead of no response at all.

And still, this can be abused -> "if you can help the player then you don't ignore the report obviously", normally you won't, do not give Admins excuses to do so.

+1

Stick

Same reply as you previously already said.

I don't really understand what you mean by this.

Fusionz

Donator
Donator
I don't really understand what you mean by this.

I thought I wasn't clear enough. Anyways, I'm not going to start a discussion with you.

I just shared my opinion and my vote. You did too. Let's respect that.
If you don't understand what I meant; so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png