sUp5rET.png

Should MTA RP hire more scripters?

Should the server hire more scripters?

• Total voters

Alberto

Donator
Donator
From my poin of view ideas come and come on the suggestion section, but do some one anwser them? Actually some one execute them and add them to the server?

Well from where i'm seeing, is a no.

The proporse of this poll is to ask the comunity if they are agree that ello contact or bring more scripts so callum can focus on teh hard scripts and the others on the suggestion section.

toshiba

Banned User
Donator
But scripters here aren't hired, but volunteered (brocily, callum). This will put the scripts at risk. Keep Brocily and Callum as the only scripters.

Actually hiring scripters is a no. It's risky, people we don't know cannot be trusted.

The only scripters head administration allows are the ones who are known in the server. Brocily and Callum are very careful on the script and want to keep it absolute secured. No one will ever get access to our server files unless we can fully trust you, and to gain that trust is a loong.....looooong road.

Sure you can script for MTA:RP free of charge, but you need to send the code to Brocily. (we prefer pastebin to avoid viruses) If the script is alright and it's beneficial for the server. There's a possibility it will be added.

The only thing I do is scripting the gates and putting the maps in. I am still learning on other scripts and hopefully become part of the scripting team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alberto

Donator
Donator
Then you can implement a system that callum or brocily review the scripters and they will upload them and scan them with an anti virus

Alberto

Donator
Donator
Sure you can script for MTA:RP free of charge, but you need to send the code to Brocily. (we prefer pastebin to avoid viruses) If the script is alright and it's beneficial for the server. There's a possibility it will be added.

The problem is that scrips are been upload at the suggestions, but no one actually upload them to the server and execute them

Like I said it's the code. The reason why some are not getting accepted is because it can be A. Not beneficial or it's already there or 2. The script is being tested but bugged.

Not every suggestion gets turned down. It only takes some time to review the suggestions and then make the script. Here's the tricky part.
We like adding new stuff in, but at the other hand they are also fixing bugs and putting in other things that are in the 'to-do' list. That is why it can take some time for a script to be added.

Bell01

Then you can implement a system that callum or brocily review the scripters and they will upload them and scan them with an anti virus

Anti-virus' will not find most things such as back doors. There is no need to hire any more scripters, all of them volunteer at the moment, with the two main, brocily and callum. There are others who are training to do that such as myself and mittell. If we do a script, we ask one of them two to check through it, and then they will implement it into the server. MTA:RP is miles ahead of other servers for updates.

Semih

Donator
Donator
No, I think we already have a great scripting team with lots of good scripts each day along with Brocily, Callum and Mittel, so my answer is no, cause we already have a great and hardworking scripters.

Callum

Not every suggestion will be made as some are just silly, others are a waste of time and the list is endless.... Tomorrow I will go through all of the suggestions and move the ones that are a definite 'No' to the archive. - Also some of these suggestions are already on our 'To do list' where we already have 50 things on that we would like to do.

Just to clarify... Me and Joel = Scripters
Bellis and Mittell are the rookies who do minor things (occasionally)
and then theres Ello.... he likes to modify and break things.

DBoy814

And then there is LSCS that has still not got head quarters scripted yet therefore making it a useless company that can do nothing!!

AndreC

I just have to say this.

One does not simply hire scripters.

It depends on what you need them to script, and because I know nothing of how scripting works, im not sure if it requires access to the main server file which just any random person brought in could jack and start up their own server.

MTA|Legend

Donator
Donator
Well recently i have been tying to help the community by becoming a script er or a mapper i have asked callum about the mapping team but he told me that their is no mapping team :(, so recently i have made a testing server and know i am trying to get my scripting executed like i made some but i cant make the meta file right :( I am such a nub +1 if you agree :)

sUp5rET.png