<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
> Yes I know it's been suggested before... but it's still a huge want from a huge chunk of the MTA RP (not MTA:RP) community as a whole. Vehicle enthusiasts love realistic vehicle customization it's about time we add it so we're able to compete with other RP communities. The more in-depth customization can come later, but this would be a good start.

Advantages/Benefits
> Attract vehicle enthusiast roleplayers to MTA:RP.
> Brings some realism to the community.

Disadvantages
If any
> None.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
> Implement.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
> Could bring new & old roleplayers to MTA:RP.

Additional information:
> None.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Disadvantages
If any
> None.

> Having to pay royalties to car manufacturers?

+1 if you can get away with it...

Kodiak

Disadvantages
If any
> None.

> Having to pay royalties to car manufacturers?

+1 if you can get away with it...

You don't have to pay loyalties to vehicle manufactures... if that were the case vehicle mods for GTA would be illegal lol... If you were an actual developer like Take Three / Rockstar for example you would have to pay royalties.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
You don't have to pay loyalties to vehicle manufactures... if that were the case vehicle mods for GTA would be illegal lol... If you were an actual developer like Take Three / Rockstar for example you would have to pay royalties.

They are illegal lol
Why do you think Forza has licensed manufacture vehicles and GTA doesn't lol

tbagg1597

Clint Villa

You couldn't legally distribute these more for profit, or you would have to pay royalties. There MIGHT be a law suite depending on how much mtarp makes if they have real car names

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
You couldn't legally distribute these more for profit, or you would have to pay royalties. There MIGHT be a law suite depending on how much mtarp makes if they have real car names

I honestly doubt vehicle manufacturers would file a law suite against a tiny community that uses their creations just for fun.

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
For as far as I know, donations are considered revenue, and does not belong in the 'profit' area.

And in a response to Luka, i don't think there's enough money to make for those car-companies when they sue us. The costs of an attorney would probably make them just let it slip.

Kodiak

They are illegal lol
Why do you think Forza has licensed manufacture vehicles and GTA doesn't lol

The difference though is we're just using vehicle names via a string of text to describe the vehicle... We're not using actual vehicle models with logos via modding. So I'd strongly believe we'd be far in the clear when it comes to being sued by a vehicle manufacturer. Not to mention it'd be a huge waste of time to sue MTA:RP... the amount they'd have to pay for a team of lawyers would surpass any amount of money they'd receive from a law suit with MTA:RP lol. It's not illegal to create mods for GTA, it's only illegal to sell them because reverse engineering is against ToS of Rockstar/Take Three.

Kodiak

If that were the case we would of been sued a long time ago... MTA:RP has been selling actual vehicle mods IG via vPoints lol.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Let's be honest.. MTA itself is violating Rockstars TOS and was once deemed illegal. If Rockstar won't pursue after MTA, I doubt any car manufacturers will.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Nah its the same with the mods, they let it happen because its free advertising and its not worth their time sueing small communitys

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
if you really think big ass car companies are gonna start cracking down on a small 2005 game roleplay server for using their cars, i don't know what to say to you really lmao.

Malachi

It would be interesting if we'd be able to incorporate it into the vehicle system in a new, distinctive way.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Let's be honest.. MTA itself is violating Rockstars TOS and was once deemed illegal. If Rockstar won't pursue after MTA, I doubt any car manufacturers will.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, its a violation but as of now its not a problem, but in the future it COULD become a problem. Also I kinda like the GTA car names, *** is doing the real car name thing and I thought we wanted to be unique. I don't like seeing a picador and one guy calling it an elcamino and another calling it ranchero lol

Kodiak

Yeah that's what I'm saying, its a violation but as of now its not a problem, but in the future it COULD become a problem. Also I kinda like the GTA car names, *** is doing the real car name thing and I thought we wanted to be unique. I don't like seeing a picador and one guy calling it an elcamino and another calling it ranchero lol

It will never be a problem. There's nothing illegal about displaying a string of text on a vehicle model in-game lol.

sUp5rET.png