sUp5rET.png

Raising Awareness

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Hello.

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a happy new year and happy holidays, As the new year comes I fear of a disaster that many also fear.

What brought me to making this important thread, is something that concerns me and other users, This might concern Every single MTA:RP User and Donator, But This thread is also to raise awareness of the Admins Especially the Higher rank admins.
Please, Read carefully before Replying on this thread or reading other replies.

What I have noticed:
  • Fusionz' Inactivity (Last Login 16/11)
  • Morgfarm1 is no longer lead of mapping, Therefore Mapping requests are brought up to the Head Admin.(Too much for him to handle)
  • Playerbase this week has reached 40 players max.
  • Visible bugs at FD (Ex. Firetruck Ladder, Department Siren)
  • New method of payment that does not benefit the server if used. (Steam Wallet)
  • Lowering of VIP Prices on F5 (Would lead to a mess).
  • Amazing Suggestions delayed due to lack of implenting. (Fusionz' Inactivity)
  • Not using Donations to pay people such as Scripters. (Scripting is VERY HARD usually not for free)
  • Players rarely see a Head Admin online.
  • Admins' Inactivity and departures lately.

Please, Do not take this as a direct attack on the Community owner, Take this thread as a suggestion or a reminder, And before anybody comments about our Playerbase, Saying "Don't Worry, We'll get tons of players by the Summer." or "People are inactive because of their exams and school.", You Cannot deny how many ragequits have been committed this month, And I know people would think I'm just a douche-bag Bug Abuser who doesn't know a thing, This server is my life, I don't want my life to end or face allot of damages, I know everybody who is reading this would think that this post has no intention, no message to send out to the users, I'm just saying that IF people donate, They don't just donate for VIP, They donate for the server to improve, Forgive me Matthew Ballew If you found this thread a little offensive.

Thank you, Overload and the rest of the staff, For trying your best, To improve and to lead this server, Fixing problems you are capable of fixing, Helping users in every way possible, Preventing rulebreaking and advertising.

What would mostly help is hiring a paid scripter and I myself would try to donate as much as I can, Maybe just a small payment fee at first, It's just a suggestion, Your choice.

Thank you for reading the whole thread, You may now comment your opinions.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Scripters aren't paid, but yeah, we do need an active one. *cough* me *cough* :rolleyes:

Snoopy

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
I totally agree with you, In-fact we are Searching for new Developer we are trying to find a solution for this issue As soon as possible :)

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Let me just start by saying thank you for your concern, and want to make a change about things you feel are an issue. With that being said at the top of the page you will not see "Baheys community" so we aren't going to change things just to suit you. So, although you don't think steam donations benefit the server they actually do, and are encouraging more and more to donate. Those who didn't previously have the chance.
at the end of the day, as long as the server bills are getting paid, why should it matter where the money comes from? I take it you had no idea that we already have for years now accepted Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart gift cards..

As as for the pay for devs...
this is a community, a gaming community is often referred to as something that many people volunteer their time to without expecting anything in return. We aren't rockstar, and we aren't making the worlds biggest game which we will sell copies of for $60 each.. To play here it's free, and no one is required to pay to play here. With that in mind, our monthly income isn't always steady. In fact we have made more during this x3 sale this week than we have made in the past 6 months, which says a lot about how much money we actually do make, (not a lot). We can't comit to paying anyone, or our server bills may fall on the back burner, not to mention that we are a not for profit community and not a major game designer.

For inactivity.. It's Christmas, even I have been on vacation until today.
things are always slow this time of year, and 40 is a pretty decent number. Around the time everyone jumps back in their normal schedules in jan-feb things will pick back up as usual.
Keep in mind this isn't our first year, we actually know what to expect now..

If theirs anything else you would like me to address please feel free to post back.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Oh missed the rage quits section..

noticed how our rival closed for 2 days, and our playerbase hit 70?
30 more average trolls than normal. It's to be expected.

Bunny

Hi,

Ask any of our staff and any of our players. I've told EVERY single person who is asking to pay for a scripture that it is simply never going to happen. We here at MTA:RP ALL volunteer our time to run the server. It is ALL voluntarily and always will be because this is a non-profit community. A developer is not a problem, we find them all the time and a lot offer to help us at a time BUT none of them could EVER be compared to our past scripters that are extremely incredible(FusionZ and Braunson) and they were NEVER paid here. I understand your concern, but trust me just as Overload says we know how the game works. It is simply because we are in holiday season and everyone is away and at school and things of that sort. Usually at Jan-Feb we start to pickup our player base again. We will be fine, just play on the server, have fun and enjoy it while the rest of us try to figure things out.

Thanks.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
Oooooooh, Add me & Masterchief's script dangit' Its made we just need someone to add it. Been waiting for ever and waiting on Overload.

Well for my opinion, I was just on other RP servers (including our competitor) and noticed that their scriptors are also inactive quite a bit during this time. However the scripters there probably are a little more active than ours at the time (just a little) due to the increased playerbase, even though the community in other servers ain't as well as welcoming compared to this one (this is the best community and makes me imagine if we were all to live in like a village, the community would be like this); when i joined the competitor's community, the welcoming feeling is kinda "meh", such that some players actually want to help you out, others just well ignore you (even ooc text). When I joined this server, all players wanted to help me out since I was actually really nooby (overload knows that). Scripters in other servers also don't get paid as what Overload said, it may screw up the server fundings. Our server has had a really hard hit to its playerbase and I know it'll come back up. Just keep having fate. I know this idea is a great one but it'll be kinda worth it if the server is a pay to play server or if server prices for hosting weren't that expensive.

Remember, every scripter who scripted here (including the current one) has done lots of amazing stuff for the server and it always takes time. Since it is the holidays I am assuming the Fushionz is busy with well "holidaying" and spends time with their family and all. I do understand that many changes or upgrades or addons to the script should be added to make the server even more pleasing but we just need to be patient and wait as patience is key.

AS for the playerbase, I am still suggesting advertising the server on youtube and the MTA forums. That way we can get well known (similar to other servers [not only RP] and how they got successful). We just need to get a team together for promoting the server and make videos promoting the stuff you can do in our server (such as LSES, PD, Gangs, RP in general).

Braunson

The real MVP
The setup for people to get their own scripts added or for people to become scripters here is difficult. There isn't a clear path or system and there's just people trying to PM Ello or Fusionz to review their script to be added, whereas it would be nice for anyone to be able to post scripts to the devs in a private forum where it can be discussed.

Donation stuff won't change, its just how it is.

Everyone gets tired of MTA after awhile and its possible Fusionz either got busy IRL or just wants to play other games. MTA:RP should be focusing on gaining new developers to the team instead of improving the activity of one.

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
The setup for people to get their own scripts added or for people to become scripters here is difficult. There isn't a clear path or system and there's just people trying to PM Ello or Fusionz to review their script to be added, whereas it would be nice for anyone to be able to post scripts to the devs in a private forum where it can be discussed.

Donation stuff won't change, its just how it is.

Everyone gets tired of MTA after awhile and its possible Fusionz either got busy IRL or just wants to play other games. MTA:RP should be focusing on gaining new developers to the team instead of improving the activity of one.

This^ "Gaining Developers" That's all MTA:RP needs.. more Dev's

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
guess i got carried away when i made this thread

thanks for replying<3

Agel

Let me just start by saying thank you for your concern, and want to make a change about things you feel are an issue. With that being said at the top of the page you will not see "Baheys community" so we aren't going to change things just to suit you. So, although you don't think steam donations benefit the server they actually do, and are encouraging more and more to donate. Those who didn't previously have the chance.
at the end of the day, as long as the server bills are getting paid, why should it matter where the money comes from? I take it you had no idea that we already have for years now accepted Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart gift cards..

As as for the pay for devs...
this is a community, a gaming community is often referred to as something that many people volunteer their time to without expecting anything in return. We aren't rockstar, and we aren't making the worlds biggest game which we will sell copies of for $60 each.. To play here it's free, and no one is required to pay to play here. With that in mind, our monthly income isn't always steady. In fact we have made more during this x3 sale this week than we have made in the past 6 months, which says a lot about how much money we actually do make, (not a lot). We can't comit to paying anyone, or our server bills may fall on the back burner, not to mention that we are a not for profit community and not a major game designer.

For inactivity.. It's Christmas, even I have been on vacation until today.
things are always slow this time of year, and 40 is a pretty decent number. Around the time everyone jumps back in their normal schedules in jan-feb things will pick back up as usual.
Keep in mind this isn't our first year, we actually know what to expect now..

If theirs anything else you would like me to address please feel free to post back.

In a few words:
  • I earn a few money from MTA:RP (not a lot)
  • It's my community, not Bahey's
  • Everyone will be working for the server without payment
  • It's Xmas, it's summer, it's exams, we will get the players back
  • We don't need to try and change the server, it's going to happen by itself magicaly

I ain't raging here, just using my google translator to make things clear.
I am saying these stuff, because we all really care. That's why I made all these tickets and suggestions..To improve the server, not to make myself look smart. That's the difference between the players and the ones owning the server. We want to make things better, you want to keep things stable, for your own good. And I'm pretty sure noone cares if this is 'Bahey's Community', or "Overload's Community". I refer to it as MY community.
Love,
Agel

Last edited by a moderator:

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
In a few words:
  • I earn a few money from MTA:RP (not a lot)
  • It's my community, not Bahey's
  • Everyone will be working for the server without payment
  • It's Xmas, it's summer, it's exams, we will get the players back
  • We don't need to try and change the server, it's going to happen by itself magicaly

I ain't raging here, just using my google translator to make things clear.
I am saying these stuff, because we all really care. That's why I made all these tickets and suggestions..To improve the server, not to make myself look smart. That's the difference between the players and the ones owning the server. We want to make things better, you want to keep things stable, for your own good. And I'm pretty sure noone cares if this is 'Bahey's Community', or "Overload's Community". I refer to it as MY community.
Love,
Agel

Keeping the community stable should go hand in hand with trying to improve it. We do take a lot of suggestions in to account when we add new things, but we also meet with higher admins to see if we all think that is the right path of action. Most of us have been here years working at this, and we have seen what will and will not work. And we have learned the hard way what will fail.

Agel

Quote from Ticket Center:

Overload: In the past all devs are allowed unlimited via for testing purposes. If they choose to test every donator perk very month that's their choice lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
sUp5rET.png