sUp5rET.png

Passive Roleplay

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Passive Roleplay
Passive roleplay means roleplaying without attacking anyone, without offending anyone and such as that, passive roleplay is passive. I will come up with some good examples of passive roleplay as it can actually be a lot more fun than you might probably think it could be. I also see a lot of people not doing passive roleplay, and when they're bored they'd either end up doing NON-RP stuff and breaking the rules, therefore I think this guide would help the community a bit.

A little toilet-visit
* James Whiteman walks inside restroom, opening up a door, walking into a toilet. *
*James Whiteman sits down on the toilet, starting to take a dump. *
** You would hear farting sounds coming from the toilet. **
* James Whiteman grabs a piece of toilet paper from the paper roll, drying his butt. *

The toilet-visit can of course be RP'ed even more to the extreme by going into details, but I'm not sure people want to puke when reading this guide, so I'll leave it simple.

Talking
I think you all know how to talk ICly, so I doubt I'll have to explain how to do this, however, I'll give some examples.
Sometimes it might be hard to find something to talk about, but talking about the environment and about what's happening is always a good place to start, then the conversation easily evolves into bigger areas and maybe even more interesting subjects.

Smoking
Sometimes it can be a little more fun to RP smoking more than just pressing the cigarette in your inventory and /smoke, therefore try to RP it more, be more descriptive like this:
* James Whiteman takes out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, opening it up, taking out one of the cigarettes. *
* James Whiteman takes out a genuine Zippo lighter from his shirt-pocket, lighting his cigarette. *
* James Whiteman leans back on his ambulance, enjoying the cigarette, smoking it. *

Stuff such as that, the more descriptive you are, the more fun it is, at least in my opinion.

Character decisions
Determining what you want your character to be/do is always a good place to start, then once you've determined how you want your character to be, you can start doing things related to how you want him to be. For an example, I like roleplaying having nice manners, so I always say "sir" and "miss" to people, and instead of walking over to girls saying "ey yo i wanna fuck you", then I'd rather say, "Hello miss, how are you doing today?" first of all, the ladies would be much happier to talk to you than if you're just harrassing them verbally. Saying "sir" and "miss" also makes your character look intelligent and nice in my eyes.

Tattoos
Why not RP getting a tattoo to show in your character description? (/look).
* James Whiteman walks into the tattoo salon, smiling to the artist. *
James Whiteman says: Hello sir, I'd like a big tattoo on my back, I'd like it to be like a portrait of a married couple with a son in the middle.
Tattoo guy says: Of course sir, that's not a problem at all, let's get right to it.
*James Whiteman sits down on the tattoo-chair, tightening his mucles, preparing for the worst pain. *
* James Whiteman takes a deep breath. *
James Whiteman says: I'm ready sir!
* James Whiteman gets a tattoo by the tattoo guy. *
** It would be a big tattoo on his back, showing a portrait of a married couple with their son in the middle. **

So, this was just some ideas, of course, you can always fill a lot more on the /me's and /do's, it's all about being creative and having a good imagination.

Thanks for reading my guide! I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sUp5rET.png