Ahmed

Concealing yourself

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[x] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- This should've been implemented years ago, Script where using anything to hide your identity instantly removes your ID, such as Tinted windows, Masks, Balaclavas, masks helmets etc . Usually it comes up as ( Unknown Person (ID) ). Instead it would just come up as ( Unknown Person )

Advantages/Benefits
- PD Doesn't MG, criminals won't MG When police are undercover

Disadvantages
If any
- None

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Add it

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Increase in player base, and would stop decrease in player base due to people hating the server cause of people that MG

Additional information:
- Great Idea, i think you should add it, and its self explanatory really

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Show it to admins. Give the player a unique number that players see, but will not reveal who they are. Admins can see the unique number and can see who it is. Profit.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Show it to admins. Give the player a unique number that players see, but will not reveal who they are. Admins can see the unique number and can see who it is. Profit.

k, we just turn off tab? seems easier

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Why not just set it so administrators can see IDs, and anyone who is not admin cannot?

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Why not just set it so administrators can see IDs, and anyone who is not admin cannot?

Or turn tab off for normal players. That way when players need to report someone, they just say their id on the "who they reporting" section.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Best option is Kdogs, as it profits the most. Also, if an admin leaks ie. my ID to some police officer, and lets say he knows who I am in code 2, what can he do? Nothing, and if he does something, both him and the admin will get punished. But again, if we're giving players random numbers, where will admins see the numbers for that specific player, and if a player reports Unknown Player (69) will the report system automatically show up "Brian Marshall (69) found"? Lot to think about it.

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
Nah, leave TAB on. I like being able to see who is currently online and who isn't.

Just remove the ID part from the playerside of identification. Give adminaccs permission to let it popup when needed. ONLY WHEN THEY'RE ON DUTY.

It kinda bothers me that this is needed, to prevent MG.

Luka

Nah, leave TAB on. I like being able to see who is currently online and who isn't.

Just remove the ID part from the playerside of identification. Give adminaccs permission to let it popup when needed. ONLY WHEN THEY'RE ON DUTY.

It kinda bothers me that this is needed, to prevent MG.

Agreeing with him completely, really sad that we have to take special measures to stop the MG.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
We need this to prevent metagame. This is something we need on both sides, legal and illegal.

Luka

Let's get this implemented?

Let's think about this deeper. We want to remove MG, but we don't want to completely fuck up the server by doing this, as many people have the same skins, and if you see two different players with the same skins, how will you know which one do you have to shoot in a shootout? This is why it's an issue, and should be still thought through very deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png