More changes for PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We have announced some changes here and there for PD, but one of the biggest requests as of lately are the end of CK's. We aren't going to end CK's completely, But are going to level the playing field.

New rules for CK's
  • Regardless of Jail time, No jail sentence will = a CK any longer. The max jail time is 180 Mins (for now) and this does NOT constitute a CK.
  • Shooting at police will no longer constitute a CK.

What Dosent change:
  • In Swat Operations, It is a automatic CK Situation for Both the player AND the police.

These changes should level the playing field a bit, and encourage more interaction with the police.
The Faction member limits for PD have been raised back for 40 per faction.

Sooner or later we will introduce a new jailing system for PD, that everyone should enjoy. More info on that later.

Thanks!
Overload

I

IlikeTrains

About time this rule was destroyed this has destroyed Illegal Rp in the server and I'm glad to see it abolished :D +1 ABOUT TIME

Ihartrp

Banned User
you should allow people to access theyr inventory in ajil so they may smuggle drugs in and shanks(knifes) and possibly even gun parts so you can rply build a gun in jail

shiffy123

bah, Illegal RP..
/legal ftw.

But hey look:

People shooting each other -> Cops Respond -> Someone gets shot -> Cops call in ES (More RP for ES than just responding to 911 calls)
Murder -> ES Does Autopsy -> Investigators/Detectives solve mysteries like CSI -> Find Culprit -> Go to court (RP for FCSA)
Gangbangers finish a job -> They wanna rest so they go to a legal business -> They buy stuff there and do stuff there (More RP with business owner)
etc... list continues

So technically, for legal RP to exist, illegal has to exist. (The Ying and the Yang)

+_LiL*GaNgStA_+

Donator
Donator
1. Well, There's one problem with those new rules, First ''wannbe gangsters'' will shot the cops and will think they can do everything in this town, we gotta show them that they can't do what ever they want or it will resolt in CK or whatever.
2. There would be more illegal RP thats for sure, But.... There would be more robberies murder etc.... I think those rules are very good, but you should limit some rules/
3. 40 officers each PD? Thats too much guys, 40 members at LSPD, 40 members at SPD, I think it's too much, since the cops in the last days are just chesing after everyone and shit..

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
1. Well, There's one problem with those new rules, First ''wannbe gangsters'' will shot the cops and will think they can do everything in this town, we gotta show them that they can't do what ever they want or it will resolt in CK or whatever.
2. There would be more illegal RP thats for sure, But.... There would be more robberies murder etc.... I think those rules are very good, but you should limit some rules/
3. 40 officers each PD? Thats too much guys, 40 members at LSPD, 40 members at SPD, I think it's too much, since the cops in the last days are just chesing after everyone and shit..

1. In order to make a situation a CK Sitaution, Swat would need to arrive. However, Gangbangers arent going to get by with popping people with m4's, When it gets to higher powered or Semi Auto guns, Swat will respond by default..
2. Plays along with 1.
3. We try to target all time zones. We dont want 40 cops on at 4PM and none at midnight. The extra limit is given to try and accommodate the time zones, as well as detectives and other divisions.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
But hey look:

People shooting each other -> Cops Respond -> Someone gets shot -> Cops call in ES (More RP for ES than just responding to 911 calls)
Murder -> ES Does Autopsy -> Investigators/Detectives solve mysteries like CSI -> Find Culprit -> Go to court (RP for FCSA)
Gangbangers finish a job -> They wanna rest so they go to a legal business -> They buy stuff there and do stuff there (More RP with business owner)
etc... list continues

So technically, for legal RP to exist, illegal has to exist. (The Ying and the Yang)

Doesn't leave Hex much :)

Robh8

If to be honest,SPD is using Teamspeak way too much,to talk about IC info.What seems to be OP and non-rp because alot of us,have got the SPD's radio channel ICly,not OOCLy.Soo why should SPD have the right to use TS,to MG,about absolutly everything they do or see?
This again kills the Illegal RP.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
If to be honest,SPD is using Teamspeak way too much,to talk about IC info.What seems to be OP and non-rp because alot of us,have got the SPD's radio channel ICly,not OOCLy.Soo why should SPD have the right to use TS,to MG,about absolutly everything they do or see?
This again kills the Illegal RP.

Well realistically you can have the radio frequency, so you should be able to hear it, just not talk in it. Sit in the TS channel to hear their global binds, but I guarantee most simply crowd into the same channel. Half the time no one even talks, it's a /backup and that's it, at least from what I've seen so far. There's usually not much actual communication, you guys just always assume that if you lose there was non-RP involved.

To be completely fair as well, most real criminals are using Skype or some other program to communicate. Or PM's, unless you want to explain the random car scenario when the guy running gets picked up. The main reason you guys lose so much is either due to a fuck up or simply being overpowered by the PD, which is their greatest strength both IG and IRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png