sUp5rET.png

Guide to Italian mafia/Mob roleplay

marco1598753

So as we noticed through the years in MTARP, we had so many mafia factions that were ran by very good roleplayers and it was fun and all that.
But the thing is, I've made a huge research about real life mafia then and now, and how they operated and I was shocked that I didn't know all this, I mean I was roleplaying the wrong way for years.
So I visited other gaming communities and got involved making a big research on how they operate and how realistic it is to the LCN(La Cosa Nostra), so I'm starting my first guide with the way to roleplay the modern day mobsters.

Introduction
The modern mobster isn't about family, respect, honor, and omerta. The modern mobster is about money and power, that's that. The era of the mafia that I can most directly compare what the mafia today is like would probably be Roy DeMeo's era up until John Gotti was indicted in court. Not because of how they acted but because of how they acted. Reason I say this is because of this, we have little to no information of any of the La Cosa Nostra or as I'll call them LCN groups in the United States from 2005+ roughly. Meaning that MTA get's all of there information like everyone else and some other side sources. Wikipedia and YouTube are the main sources, all that we can find widely available there is information from in the 70's and 80's.
Life Style
The life style of most modern mobsters is if I had to compare it to a TV personality, Christopher from the Soprano's when he was still an Associate, maybe an early soldier. When he made a big score he'd get new clothes, when he got his bump he'd by a new car maybe. When he was on up and up you could visibly see that via what he had, what he owned. When he was on his down hill he wasn't going out and buying a new car because it would make him happy. They wear t-shirts and jeans, track suits, all of that very rarely would they touch a suit.
Now, what if they get made? The only time a made guy will wear a suit is his ceremony or any other special occasion. In the mafia today not even Captains wear suits a majority of the time. Why would you put a sign on you that says "arrest me" when you don't need to? One thing I've never understood was people claiming to be roleplaying mobsters but then they have a suit on every hour of every day in game, they're not roleplaying a mobster, they're roleplaying the mobster they saw in this one movie. Made guys don't ever wear suits unless it's a special occasion, bottom line.
Personality
Modern mobsters today don't care about respect at all. The only person they care about is themselves, they don't care about their friends or anything. The most realistic modern mobster you can portray is the one that see's the people around him as obstacles that he can murder, injure, or something of the sort to put him one step ahead. The kids running around today are so aggressive the outsiders of Associates and outsiders of Soldiers are actively beefing with one another which is a fantastic thing for roleplay and character development.

sUp5rET.png