sUp5rET.png

Gaining a Larger Stable Playerbase

Malachi

I think this is one of the most talked about topics on this server, increasing our playerbase. Now I was reading through old posts and have seen lots of 'moving' suggestions. Moving won't fix the playerbase, sure it may act like a bandaid and increase it temporarily but think, what is this server criticized the most about? How can we fix that? This is intended to be a discussion topic, not a fight so keep it calm, this is for the benifit of the community.

Malachi

Come on, already fighting? Seriously keep the peace or I'll just close this thread because it isn't doing anything for the server.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Why you all think that moving wont help? When we were at Red County things went better. The main point I got for not moving again was that people were afking. Wow, what we do in LS? We afk and just collect the 0.75% perk and buy stuff what we dont need. No one Roleplays just to roleplay, if you want someone to roleplay you have to pay them.. Im not talking about 100 bucks or something. Due to our economy if you want someone to move your furniture it would be like 50 grands.. Just a guess, never tested myself. Btw, we had 70 players one day in RC if someone remembers.

You are correct, moving wont help I probally know what would be great for the server in the LONG term but will get me tons of hate.
Server reset. Make things more real remove these perks we have. Remove 0.75% perk, basically you can make 2 mils a day at the moment just by pressing w after every 10 minutes. Remove the "no tax" perks. Just make them discount. Doing this would probally make things cheaper in the server as the price of vP would drop. Or try to make a mtarp vol 2 server. Btw 15,000 is a lot for beginning. I visited a server where you have to actually work for like 5-10 hrs to get a Regina

Man, I would really love to RP again.. Not just to collect money and be a statwhore.

When writing this nearly 90 users/guests browsing forums but 10 players IG.. Say that people are not interested..

Last edited by a moderator:

Malachi

Why you all thinking moving wont help? When we were at Red County things went better. The main point I got for not moving again was that people were afking. Wow, what we do in LS? We afk and just collect the 0.75% perk and buy stuff what we dont need. No one Roleplays just to roleplay, if gou want someone to roleplay you have to pay them.. Im not talking about 100 bucks or something. Due to our economy if you want someone to move your furniture it would be like 50 grands.. Just a guess, never tested myself. Btw, we had 70 players one day in RC if someone remembers.

You are correct, moving wont help I probally know what would be great for the server in the LONG term but will get me tons of hate.
Server reset. Make things more real remove these perks we have. Remove 0.75% perk, basically you can make 2 mils a day at the moment just by pressing w after every 10 minutes. Remove the "no tax" perks. Just make them discount. Doing this would probally make things cheaper in the server as the price of vP would drop. Or try to make a mtarp vol 2 server. Btw 15,000 is a lot for beginning. I visited a server where you have to actually work for like 5-10 hrs to get a Regina

Man, I would really love to RP again.. Not just to collect money and be a statwhore.

When writing this nearly 90 users/guests browsing forums but 10 players IG..

I agree with you, I would love a server reset but everyone's problem with that is loosing their stuff obviously. Sometimes we have to think what is better for the community rather than ourselves. I bet there would be a lot more players coming than leaving due to them being obsessed with their stats. Like Kdog said, Quality over Quantity. I rather have less players and more real RPers. Much of our previous playerbase from the years past is at *** and the only thing that might bring them back is a new start. Donations would have to be changed, we can develop new ways for players to donate without infringing on another player's gameplay. Again look at ***. We really need a new start in order to even get close to our previous playerbase, but we can.

Mr.H

Well , before going into the whole thinking to suggest things , I'll only say this.In order for something like this to happen YOU need to negotiate , yes I said negotiate with Overload and convince him.Anyways , instead of us making threads like this did we even try talking to Overload?Find a solution as a community ALONG with the owner?
It's yours from now on.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
I hear mainly only issues of pay to win, and slow response from all members of staff (including me)

I still personally would like a Red County move, but I know it most likely wont happen

Malachi

Well , before going into the whole thinking to suggest things , I'll only say this.In order for something like this to happen YOU need to negotiate , yes I said negotiate with Overload and convince him.Anyways , instead of us making threads like this did we even try talking to Overload?Find a solution as a community ALONG with the owner?
It's yours from now on.

This was meant to come up WITH an idea, not to promote a singular one. Yes, obviously Overload is the final decision maker with everything on the server but you can't just do something without knowing what that is you are doing.

TreyDot

To be honest, I would do away with selling Vp points in the marketplace. Yes, I'm guilty of selling vp myself also, only because I have no real need for it when I treat roleplaying as roleplaying, and don't generally go on the server that commonly anymore due to real-life situations.

That won't help the player-base, but maybe it'll remedy a criticism this server has an issue with. I personally see it as a way of getting money quick I/C without any real roleplaying. (I explain it as my character recieving an endorsement, but it's not good enough and turned out to be disappointing as no company would pay 160,000 on average to an injured athlete.)

I can also see the chargeback doxing scaring off people who visit the forums. Yes, disputing a donation claim for no clear reason may be bad (and illegial?) in itself, but it does not warrant completely revealing information about the user themselves. Doxing itself is illegal, that much I know, correct me if I'm wrong.

Finally, despite my growing time here, I noticed that the admins are not as active as they normally should. Pardon this criticism if you'd like seeing as I've only been on the server for about a few weeks now, but the server's roleplay community and roleplaying can be improved if on-duty time were enforced from the owner and possibly head admins. However, I'd say that the support that I've been given so far during my time here has been helpful and courteous, so I have faith that this server will have a strong staff. It's simply the issue of managing on-duty time.

The only admin experience I had was when I was ..fuckin' young as shit. So take that with an obvious grain of salt.

Btw 15,000 is a lot for beginning. I visited a server where you have to actually work for like 5-10 hrs to get a Regina

Hm, that second point I agree with you. One thing I dislike about the server is the lack of roleplaying compared to previous (shut-down) servers I've been in. There were always hubs where you could roleplay with people, whether that be Ten Green Bottles or another bar somewhere in the city.

However, I'll have to disagree with the starting money. A problem I've had with all MTA roleplaying servers was the presence of the starting money itself. When you create a character, you don't create an avatar, you create a actual person with a backstory and their own affairs IMO. If you wish to RP as a former business owner, it wouldn't make sense for them to start out with a simple 6,000 or perhaps even 15,000, but I can understand why starting money is a feature and why I have no problem with it. New Players will obviously exploit receiving massive amounts of cash if they chose so without a good-enough backstory, causing the server's I/C economy to be ultimately destroyed. This comes back to my point about VP points as there are not enough poor people on the server, seeing as this server can break 20 people every once in a while, and thus you'll basically be giving free money to those who do not wish for Vp.

Anyway, I digress, after all these are all my opinions and again, could be taken with a grain of salt considering my lack of experience on this server. That's how I see the server in its present state and a few problems I saw that could draw people away.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
To be honest, I would do away with selling Vp points in the marketplace. Yes, I'm guilty of selling vp myself also, only because I have no real need for it when I treat roleplaying as roleplaying, and don't generally go on the server that commonly anymore due to real-life situations.

That won't help the player-base, but maybe it'll remedy a criticism this server has an issue with. I personally see it as a way of getting money quick I/C without any real roleplaying. (I explain it as my character recieving an endorsement, but it's not good enough and turned out to be disappointing as no company would pay 160,000 on average to an injured athlete.)

I can also see the chargeback doxing scaring off people who visit the forums. Yes, disputing a donation claim for no clear reason may be bad (and illegial?) in itself, but it does not warrant completely revealing information about the user themselves. Doxing itself is illegal, that much I know, correct me if I'm wrong.

Finally, despite my growing time here, I noticed that the admins are not as active as they normally should. Pardon this criticism if you'd like seeing as I've only been on the server for about a few weeks now, but the server's roleplay community and roleplaying can be improved if on-duty time were enforced from the owner and possibly head admins. However, I'd say that the support that I've been given so far during my time here has been helpful and courteous, so I have faith that this server will have a strong staff. It's simply the issue of managing on-duty time.

The only admin experience I had was when I was ..fuckin' young as shit. So take that with an obvious grain of salt.

Hm, that second point I agree with you. One thing I dislike about the server is the lack of roleplaying compared to previous (shut-down) servers I've been in. There were always hubs where you could roleplay with people, whether that be Ten Green Bottles or another bar somewhere in the city.

However, I'll have to disagree with the starting money. A problem I've had with all MTA roleplaying servers was the presence of the starting money itself. When you create a character, you don't create an avatar, you create a actual person with a backstory and their own affairs IMO. If you wish to RP as a former business owner, it wouldn't make sense for them to start out with a simple 6,000 or perhaps even 15,000, but I can understand why starting money is a feature and why I have no problem with it. New Players will obviously exploit receiving massive amounts of cash if they chose so without a good-enough backstory, causing the server's I/C economy to be ultimately destroyed. This comes back to my point about VP points as there are not enough poor people on the server, seeing as this server can break 20 people every once in a while, and thus you'll basically be giving free money to those who do not wish for Vp.

Anyway, I digress, after all these are all my opinions and again, could be taken with a grain of salt considering my lack of experience on this server. That's how I see the server in its present state and a few problems I saw that could draw people away.

Give that man a award!

giphy.gif

Btw, you're probably one of the best RP'rs on the server imo, just by conversing with you at Idlewood motel lol

AaronM

<b><span style="color:#21c821;"t>Top Donator</b><b
Donator
Give that man a award!

giphy.gif

Btw, you're probably one of the best RP'rs on the server imo, just by conversing with you at Idlewood motel lol

He's only the "best RP'er on the server" because it's the only person who wants to roleplay with you and you roleplay with, because most people are scared to roleplay with you apparently
(What I've been told from a few people)

Jokes Jokes, I just love a bit of banter. <3 <3

- Red County might be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jokerr

Honest to god, every two months I do drop by here I see another sale for vPoints. Perhaps if that was more regulated, and ofc, the battered economy was fixed MTA:RP would be a fun place to be. Y'all prolly complain about "but how do we do that", just lop a zero or two off everyone's bank account and bam, economy fixed.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Honest to god, every two months I do drop by here I see another sale for vPoints. Perhaps if that was more regulated, and ofc, the battered economy was fixed MTA:RP would be a fun place to be. Y'all prolly complain about "but how do we do that", just lop a zero or two off everyone's bank account and bam, economy fixed.

More like two... Lol.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
He's only the "best RP'er on the server" because it's the only person who wants to roleplay with you and you roleplay with, because most people are scared to roleplay with you apparently
(What I've been told from a few people)

Jokes Jokes, I just love a bit of banter. <3 <3

- Red County might be good.

lmao rc would be good but yea people are scared of rping with peter cause they dont wanna get shot
and yea i loved rping with trey, one of the coolest dudes ive met here and can actually rp
on another note, yea, red county is honestly what everyone wants

sUp5rET.png