sUp5rET.png

Car Hotwire System

Speaker

Most of the new cars have the push-to-start type of ignition and hotwiring it is not that easy as rubbing brown and red wire. Assuming the player has stated that the vehicle he has there is a 1990 or earlier then you can pretty much easily pull that so called hotwiring. However, most of the cars before 1990 could even be started with a flatheaded screwdriver, in some cases, for specific cars, triggering an alarm.

KantoRed

I suggest we introduce a LoJack script. This would allow players to track the vehicle using a command or hotline. The LoJack would be an item that could be RPly removed, like a car stereo and alarm.

SarahLore

Most of the new cars have the push-to-start type of ignition and hotwiring it is not that easy as rubbing brown and red wire. Assuming the player has stated that the vehicle he has there is a 1990 or earlier then you can pretty much easily pull that so called hotwiring. However, most of the cars before 1990 could even be started with a flatheaded screwdriver, in some cases, for specific cars, triggering an alarm.

At the moment, I have a GUI set up pretty much like this:
3YzSu

This'll likely be the "basic" version so to speak. Then over time we can de****p it further to change it up. For example; If the vehicle is a higher class (say...a sultan and not a glendale for example), then the GUI will change, and the way you start it is different (like you said, not all cars are just a basic rub two wires etc).

I suggest we introduce a LoJack script. This would allow players to track the vehicle using a command or hotline. The LoJack would be an item that could be RPly removed, like a car stereo and alarm.

Can be done I'd imagine. See what Overload/Mittell say. :p

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Can be done I'd imagine. See what Overload/Mittell say. :p

It's been done. **** gaming had something EXACTLY like it before it went under.

An item could be placed into the vehicle, and that would trigger a Blip icon (like the repo system has) so the car can be located. At the time, It was faction-specific to being visible (the LSPD could see it) and some faction vehicles also had this so that respective faction could see their cars. The problem is, blips are known for not being visible inside interiors, which makes it rather a PITA to locate a car someone put in a garage.

SarahLore

It's been done. **** gaming had something EXACTLY like it before it went under.

An item could be placed into the vehicle, and that would trigger a Blip icon (like the repo system has) so the car can be located. At the time, It was faction-specific to being visible (the LSPD could see it) and some faction vehicles also had this so that respective faction could see their cars. The problem is, blips are known for not being visible inside interiors, which makes it rather a PITA to locate a car someone put in a garage.

That's the downside to interiors/dimensions unfortunately... Though, it should be doable. Get the script to check if the vehicle is in an interior + dimenions (aka a house /garage etc). If it is, get the entrance marker to that garage/interior, and set the blip on that instead of the vehicle :p

sUp5rET.png