sUp5rET.png

Car Hotwire System

BlueNinja

Donator
Donator
Hotwire system is fucken shit! People are hotwiring government cars like police cars, ambulance, fire trucks and some other vehicles like airplanes and shit! I am getting sick of that shit i got couple of mustangs stolen from the los santos police department garage. Like what the hell its parked in a safe area and gets jacked.

SarahLore

Personally not encountered this yet as I've been out a lot of the day handling issues IRL. Though, from what I know of the system and idea behind it, I personally do kind of like it. To an extent. I think it just needs more work on it so not just anyone can go up and jack any old car.

I actually was talking to a few people earlier and posted up my idea to the Devs and admins of maybe something such as a minigame on hotwiring, where you need SOME kind of knowledge on how to get it working. And maybe certain 'safe zones' such as IGS, Outside LSPD, Airport, etcetc, basically "public areas" which would realistically have people / CCTV. Anyone robbing or hotwiring there would trigger an automatic 911 or something :p

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Its still work in progress, We WILL be adding a timer, (So they cant just spam the key to make it work) and we are going to start enforcing rules where they must fully RP the hotwire, or be jailed..

For the time being, Lock them. It helps

Hotwire system is fucken shit! People are hotwiring government cars like police cars, ambulance, fire trucks and some other vehicles like airplanes and shit! I am getting sick of that shit i got couple of mustangs stolen from the los santos police department garage. Like what the hell its parked in a safe area and gets jacked.

like ello said, it's a work in progress. In hte meantime. Lock your cars, it's easy to steal some cars.

Robh8

This idea is not that bad,and the timer system would be +1 from me,that spam makes me crazy(Jonas Tries to hotwire a car(10-15times in a row :p))
Put i have one question,about Thiefs RE-Parking the cars(stolen).I have noticed that A non-owner of the vehicle still can re-park other vehicles.Is this a Bug or Are thiefs even allowed to RE-Park my cars?
And One more question.If my car Gets stolen,and Re-parked(Possibility of Never finding it again) Why i am Forced to pay Vehicle tax,for a car that i cant use?

I

IlikeTrains

How about you just safely lock your cars and maybe invest in a garage if you need extra protection?
Its a simple solution and you can pick up a garage fairly cheap if you look around LS.

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Keep in mind that this whole shit is because some dipshits can't RP and steal every car wherever they can see.
You'd assume people use brains but they don't got any cells left in their mind (specially if you're going to STEAL a government vehicle os LSIA vehicle)

If those noobs would actually use their peanut in their head, then we wouldn't even have to work more on the script.

But meh... We'll have to and just lock your cars.

REMEMBER:
If your car is stolen call the PD ;)

Deli

Keep in mind that this whole shit is because some dipshits can't RP and steal every car wherever they can see.
You'd assume people use brains but they don't got any cells left in their mind (specially if you're going to STEAL a government vehicle os LSIA vehicle)

If those noobs would actually use their peanut in their head, then we wouldn't even have to work more on the script.

But meh... We'll have to and just lock your cars.

REMEMBER:

What if you're in the PD :)

I

IlikeTrains

This is exactly like when the Weed Farm was introduced into the game, When it was first announced everyone was going mad. I remember there being 4 harvesters ready for the next batch, Just like the weedfarm this will die down once people start locking their cars and PD have a regular checking station (Maybe around IGS?) that will discourage players from stealing cars.

SarahLore

I worked with Mittell and we've got a timer set on hotwire attempts now to prevent the spam of sitting in there just constantly hitting J to start it.

I was talking with a few people earlier and through of two possible ways to make it more interactive instead of hitting J:

1) A GUI pops up with a set of say, 10 buttons. It'll randomize which of these 10 buttons are the correct two (with some pattern so you CAN learn the pattern.) Once you have the correct two buttons hit (rply the wires touching etc or something), the engine will start up.

2) Have a book or a skill so to speak where once you've read this book (Let's say it's called "Mechanics 101"), it'll basically just increase your chance of hotwiring on the system we have now.

Sinavia

Donator
Donator
REMEMBER:

The PD is 100% useless for most situations including stolen cars.

SarahLore

So, Mittell passed me over the resource earlier. And I'd like to do some improvements to the system, and tweak it so it's not just a simple "Mash J to get lucky".

What would you guys actually like? Any ideas? Requests?

sUp5rET.png