sUp5rET.png

Bring Back The Old MTA:RP [More Legal RP]

Kenpachi7

Donator
Donator
A thing to consider is that the playerbase now is like 1/5th of what it was back in the day, and with less players there's less RP opportunity, and I definitely think there's a few things that could be done to greatly improve the server and increase its appeal (Though I don't see them ever being done) it still just comes down to the amount of people playing, hopefully the server sees a return to the old levels of RP sometime in the near future though.

Jeff53

Donator
Donator
I really miss all the old players we had in 2012 early 2013. been here a month or two shy of opening and enjoyed almost every minute. I am noticing more and more that illegal rp is overtaking the server. I wish it was more balanced. Don't remember who said it but the fact that people don't rp mobster fear is kinda shitty. I don't really think irl that if a mobster threatened you you would call the police. Just would not work out to well. I am 100% legal rp, but you can't have only 100% legal rp, back in 2013 the factions were well balanced and everything was really fun people were all good people. I get on after I decided to come back this time and I see a bunch of people that don't feel like rping.... Pretty disappointed in some people. MTA "RP" no one wants to rp gun fear, everyone wants to qq and get all cocky with everyone in ooc. I have seen a lot of problems since I came back. Would be really nice to see some of these things get fixed

Lumimies

Banned User
Donator
If you were a member of MTA:RP 2 years ago you would probably understand this post if your not then continue reading and you will.
Back then MTA:RP wasnt ruled by two power factions (Reids and SMS) and the power was pretty much divided equally between the Washes, Claudios, and other factions I cant really remember. There was also no Terrorism which I belive should'nt be allowed with the playerbase we have ATM. Another thing, The factions didnt purposely try to get the police on their tale and were more hidden which made the RP more realistic. Also there was much MUCH more legal rp and I believe that people should start making legal alts because 75% of the people on the server are either cops/robbers. This whole thing really gets on my nerves because just seeing cops chasing robbers all day makes me want to stop playing the server because its pretty much becoming a Cops vs Robbers server... If there was more people willing to make alts for SAN, HEX, SEC, and other legal/buiness factions or atleast try too, The RP would be much more interesting. (Sorry if im repeating myself alot)

Agreed,
Greetings original former of Forum St. Crips
Also known as George Kelly Barnes!

Jokerr

I can agree on maybe trying to boost legal roleplay, but most people that are active and can roleplay decently already have legal alts, so we need to find new ways to encourage people to play more actively on legal alts in order to boost legal roleplay. Although nerfing illegal roleplay IS a viable idea, I find it unfair to restrict people to certain types of roleplay. Illegal RP-er's have already been restricted by a 2 cop per robber rule, so illegal RP is nowhere as near bad as it could be. It's also unfair to nerf illegal factions that have worked hard for the positions that they are in and have reached those positions through hard work and good leadership, because LSPD have managed to bottle up a decent amount of illegal factions already. In essence, we need ways to encourage people to play on legal alts, somehow. If you have any good ideas about it, I think that it would be a wise idea to post them on one of these threads. Maybe we could increase the wages of legal alts, but it seems that that would only lead to an even worse economy in terms of inflation. Another reason for this influx of illegal roleplay may be that people that are mostly needed in legal factions feel bound by certain corruption rules, while although necessary, may discourage them because they know that if they're illegal they're bound by no rules. A simple way to fix this is to multiply the jail times exponentially and possibly re-introduce the life sentence (aka a CK), which might dissuade people from illegal roleplay.

ShaktarBoy

I can agree on maybe trying to boost legal roleplay, but most people that are active and can roleplay decently already have legal alts, so we need to find new ways to encourage people to play more actively on legal alts in order to boost legal roleplay. Although nerfing illegal roleplay IS a viable idea, I find it unfair to restrict people to certain types of roleplay. Illegal RP-er's have already been restricted by a 2 cop per robber rule, so illegal RP is nowhere as near bad as it could be. It's also unfair to nerf illegal factions that have worked hard for the positions that they are in and have reached those positions through hard work and good leadership, because LSPD have managed to bottle up a decent amount of illegal factions already. In essence, we need ways to encourage people to play on legal alts, somehow. If you have any good ideas about it, I think that it would be a wise idea to post them on one of these threads. Maybe we could increase the wages of legal alts, but it seems that that would only lead to an even worse economy in terms of inflation. Another reason for this influx of illegal roleplay may be that people that are mostly needed in legal factions feel bound by certain corruption rules, while although necessary, may discourage them because they know that if they're illegal they're bound by no rules. A simple way to fix this is to multiply the jail times exponentially and possibly re-introduce the life sentence (aka a CK), which might dissuade people from illegal roleplay.

Well, you're pretty right there, we have to do something and to increase the wages wont help so much in my opinion, I tried it myself as SEC got good wages with some bonuses you can earn. Anyways, one good idea would be that players in legal factions, (Not government factions) should be able to be completely illegal when they are OFF DUTY. To be illgal ON DUTY should be corruption but to be illegal when at home or something, shoul be okay. As IRL people who are working like in stores, can have drugs and illegal weapons at home... it wont matter where they work at. I think this would make it more realistic too. The only disadvantage would be that players in legal faction can act illegally as a "member" of a gang or something.
I don't know, this is just an idea, that would surely solve the problems better than increasing the wages.

And also, making cops, have less CK rules, like, they wont need to CK when they're killed or maybe making the CK rules for illegal factions stricter. Like that even when they act illegall. Because IRL you don't usually drag out guns randomly when you see a cop not doing things in the way you want them to do it.

Bartiex

Life Sentence Ck = BestIdea2015

Mr.H

Life Sentence Ck = BestIdea2015
So,we boot out the illegal RP in general.Come on people,think of what you saying.Since you have to get your position and your earnings back with a ST a life sentence would wreck the illegal RPers.What is more,the Police(Especially a part of the general LS Police) will abuse this like shit.I am not completely against the idea,but it shouldn't lead to a CK,since many people don't wanna spend their money on VIP's in order to get their position and their stuff back,for which they even might spended a lot of playtime to earn.We could set the life time to like 72 hours so players with legal alts could spend most of their time in those characters instead of the jailed ones.

GR4P

You can already get life sentence.My mexican alt got CKd because I murdered a police officer.

Alexgils

Well, as i guess many of ya know, Im almost always on dat legal side, So wat i say is:
We decrease Illegal faction to best of all (( I guess Reids, Soulja Set, And maybe 2 other)) As many of factions are tooooo Inactive
Second: We boost player base = Less Pay 2 win
Third: Everyone who has illegal alt must have Legal alt((Anything, LSES, Cops, LSIA, Hex, or just legal buisness))
If we get bigger player base with so much factions, This will become apocalypse All server will go to 9/11 and Kidnapping.

Driga

<b><span style="color:#C41414;"t>Veteran</b><br />
Donator
Well, you're pretty right there, we have to do something and to increase the wages wont help so much in my opinion, I tried it myself as SEC got good wages with some bonuses you can earn. Anyways, one good idea would be that players in legal factions, (Not government factions) should be able to be completely illegal when they are OFF DUTY. To be illgal ON DUTY should be corruption but to be illegal when at home or something, shoul be okay. As IRL people who are working like in stores, can have drugs and illegal weapons at home... it wont matter where they work at. I think this would make it more realistic too. The only disadvantage would be that players in legal faction can act illegally as a "member" of a gang or something.
I don't know, this is just an idea, that would surely solve the problems better than increasing the wages.

This would do the complete opposite of boosting legal RP. They would just stay off duty and continue doing illegal things just because they enjoy it more.

Well, as i guess many of ya know, Im almost always on dat legal side, So wat i say is:
We decrease Illegal faction to best of all (( I guess Reids, Soulja Set, And maybe 2 other)) As many of factions are tooooo Inactive
Second: We boost player base = Less Pay 2 win
Third: Everyone who has illegal alt must have Legal alt((Anything, LSES, Cops, LSIA, Hex, or just legal buisness))
If we get bigger player base with so much factions, This will become apocalypse All server will go to 9/11 and Kidnapping.

Forcing people to stay legal isn't going to solve the problem either, it's just going to make them angry. Sure they'll make an alt, but they won't be active on it.

My point is this, the reason why people are playing on illegal characters more then any other is just simply because it's more fun. Let's be honest.. Grinding the city hall jobs or working day to day in a faction to earn money or earn more stats isn't very fun. On the other hand there's shootouts, chases, gang RPs and what not. All of that is offered by the illegal side. This is a game after all and it's made to enjoy your time here and have fun. Ofcourse we can't forget that this is a RP server, but a RP server can't be succesful without it being Fun. Nobody's going to work everyday for multiple hours in a game and earn virtual money, when you could do the exact same thing in real life and earn REAL money. (or play a different Fun game) Players enjoy different things and that's normal. The problem here is that it's more enjoyable to be illegal than legal.

GR4P

This would do the complete opposite of boosting legal RP. They would just stay off duty and continue doing illegal things just because they enjoy it more.

Forcing people to stay legal isn't going to solve the problem either, it's just going to make them angry. Sure they'll make an alt, but they won't be active on it.

My point is this, the reason why people are playing on illegal characters more then any other is just simply because it's more fun. Let's be honest.. Grinding the city hall jobs or working day to day in a faction to earn money or earn more stats isn't very fun. On the other hand there's shootouts, chases, gang RPs and what not. All of that is offered by the illegal side. This is a game after all and it's made to enjoy your time here and have fun. Ofcourse we can't forget that this is a RP server, but a RP server can't be succesful without it being Fun. Nobody's going to work everyday for multiple hours in a game and earn virtual money, when you could do the exact same thing in real life and earn REAL money. (or play a different Fun game) Players enjoy different things and that's normal. The problem here is that it's more enjoyable to be illegal than legal.

Solution - Make legal things fun! There!

ShaktarBoy

Also true, everyone knows that to be a cop or be a member of an illegal faction is the best stuff on the server (For many players, including me sometimes). And I know why you're againts my "example" and I stated it too, that players can go OFF DUTY the whole time and do illegal stuff. It's all about what they personally believe.
And also as you stated in your post, people play games to have fun, mostly. For example, IRL you wont dare to kill people and thats why you do it here, where you get a jail or a simple CK. And nothing happens to you OOCly. But maybe another or better way of solving it is to decrease the illegal factions numbers as there is around a couple of pairs already if I am right. As of Legal (Except Gov.) there's HEX, SAN, SEC and LSIA. Most of them not even such active. I know that decreasing the illegal factions wouldnt help too much in increasing criminal RP. Because players would make new characters, in the currently existing maffias/gangs. But it will be more organized, as I look at it.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
The way I see it:
GTA:SA was a game based on being a criminal, correct? People obviously bought the game wanting to act like a criminal (CJ), so when they join MTA, they instinctively go to the criminal side. (Keep in mind this isn't everyone, just generally).
IMO, Illegal sides have always had the advantage simply because of the numbers. Illegals will always be more plentiful and prosperous even with rules like the whole "Cop shootouts are CKs" deal.

Malachi

Im not saying that people shouldn't make illegal alts because I like illegal too, Its just that way too many people focus on the illegal side like 75% of people and the Legal factions, SAN, SEC, HEX, and more won't get active members which will totally fuck up the system because HEX delievers the cars, Tows the cars, and helps people who cannot afford tow trucks move their cars. SAN gives everyone news so they can be up to date on what happened if they weren't part of the RP or were not online. And SEC brings us parties, events, racing, and other things that bring emmersity to the server. All I'm asking is that people be more active on their legal alts and make some if they don't have one already.

Malachi

Solution - Make legal things fun! There!
I see what your saying make legal RP more fun and interesting, Well I own SAN and I understand things can be a bit boring at times but really going out there reporting the news could make your character very popular too also I believe that its fun RPing as a TV Star, Reporter, or TV Host.

Subby D

I think there needs to be a more constant scripting/mapping team which it looks like they are finally getting around to. This makes coming onto the server a new experience every week or so making the experience more unique. Ontop of that I'm not sure if it has changed but I stopped playing because there was no way to get guns without OOC means. Not to mention the same if not more impossible to get drugs IC. Factions should be easier to apply as unofficial and transfer into official after some hardwork. When a faction is official of unofficial it should be possible to get weapons or drugs even just a few through roleplay means besides only relying on factions who have paid for the privilege. I don't know if things have changed but I have been in game and haven't seen much difference. I think if you want to go back to the older ways find people committed to RP who have played here before and set up a faction that can RP well enough to actually earn having weapons and drugs to make the server more accessible to others who will follow their example.

The way I see it:
GTA:SA was a game based on being a criminal, correct? People obviously bought the game wanting to act like a criminal (CJ), so when they join MTA, they instinctively go to the criminal side. (Keep in mind this isn't everyone, just generally).
IMO, Illegal sides have always had the advantage simply because of the numbers. Illegals will always be more plentiful and prosperous even with rules like the whole "Cop shootouts are CKs" deal.

Keep illegals but increase legals. Remember, this ain't just freeroam/single player, it's an RP server where not everyone are criminals, we need a balance or just a heavier weight on one side, not 90% on illegals (same with CNR/RPG servers where legals are needed for it to be prosperous).

IMO, people should just RP reasonably and realistically in which many dont

Malachi

Keep illegals but increase legals. Remember, this ain't just freeroam/single player, it's an RP server where not everyone are criminals, we need a balance or just a heavier weight on one side, not 90% on illegals (same with CNR/RPG servers where legals are needed for it to be prosperous).

IMO, people should just RP reasonably and realistically in which many dont

Exactly, We need a more balanced server.

sUp5rET.png