sUp5rET.png

A start to better gun-flow.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
New Suggestion/Idea

Read and understand everything being said here before voting -1.
What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- My suggestion is about the currency in-game called Bitcoin. Upon reading this title most of you probably already want to -1, but I have a solution. I've seen a few complaints from new players on this server about how easy it is to get guns and how everyone has them etc. Bitcoin doesn't help that case in any way. Now, I'm not suggesting we remove bitcoin all together but I'm suggesting we replace it with a more realistic kind of script. The idea for bitcoin was for illegal factions to drive about collecting materials and stashing them for a profit of bitcoin, with the risk of being arrested. If you haven't noticed, nobody's been arrested for it and it's become too arcade-like.

I think the bitcoin system should be removed and possibly replaced with a different method of getting guns, where "mafia" type factions receive different packages of weapons for a certain price, and only if they meet the requirements. There would have to be some legitimate risk to this, and have it be tedious to do it, as well as make it hard to just pay your way through it. Currently the BigJ prices are extremely expensive but for good reason, I feel as though bitcoin is becoming too common and too easy to come by. By having this system replaced with a more realistic way of getting guns it'd benefit the server's RP as a whole and limit those who inflate the amount of guns tremendously with bitcoin.

The amount of guns on the server has always been an issue, and just flat out removing them all would be ridiculous. A lot of people have legitimately gotten a lot of their stashes by stashing up for years and holding onto them, and I have no issue with that. I myself have stashes. In real life, guns are passed down from mobs to gangs, then from there they're distributed. I feel as though bitcoin is too easy. All you need to do is drive/fly to a marker and come back, then go again. Sure, it comes at a price, but the yield of the guns afterwards much out-weighs the price. Guns should be funneled through other means in order to restrict just how many guns get passed around, and actually make them a little more rare like they are in real life. Too many times do I see people running around with AKs/M4s all the time, not caring if they lose it or not.

TL:DR; Remove bitcoin, find a new way to give guns to mafias, then from there pass to street gangs.

Advantages/Benefits
- Less noobs with guns (I'm guilty of giving noobs guns too)
- Less guns all together eventually, with the addition of other methods of restricting them.
- People having to actually work for their guns instead of just drive/fly back and fourth
- People would be less inclined to risk using a gun, for fear of using it.
- Less shootouts back and fourth, more brawls/street fights/ other kinds of warfare.
- Possibly more players would join, upon seeing the new way of getting weapons.
- Possibly more realistic gun trades between factions, and wars over guns/routes.
- More immersion, less of an arcade feel.
- More use of the black market when it comes to selling guns.
- More police involvement with illegal factions
- More use of the police's current resources

Disadvantages
If any
- Complaints.
- Pay 2 win restricted.
- Harder to get guns = more complaints from some people.
- Stashes would dwindle without bitcoin keeping it up, if guns are used recklessly. (that's the point of this but some ppl wouldn't like it)
- Many people have spent money on bitcoin, including me, I've spent over 10 million. That doesn't change the fact that this is unrealistic and too arcade-y for a RP server which promotes realism.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ X ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.
Yes and no. The bitcoin system can be removed, but any future way of getting guns other than BigJ would probably need to be scripted in order to improve efficiency.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- As stated above, remove bitcoin and all its assets, find another more realistic way to get guns, and make it harder; add more risk, cops get more action, etc.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- A heavy impact. Cops would have more involvement, more use of SWAT, detectives, wars over guns, new players would find it harder to get guns, stashes would dwindle if not protected and used wisely, FR would be less common, etc.

Additional information:
- Leave constructive comments below, this is not meant to be an argument thread, merely a suggestion.

TrojanJustin

Donator
Donator
I honestly think that this suggestion will have a positive impact if it is applied. Bitcoins are just repetitive and boring imo and even for the people who i've hired in the past to do the runs for me also.

Rass

<b><span style="background: url(http://forum.ragez
Donator
+1 Beat up this goofy looking Big Smoke?

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
In order for this to work mob factions would need to actually roleplay distributing the guns realistically. With the current state of illegal factions, guns would be stockpiled and sold for crazy high amounts to whoever could afford them. I'm giving a -1, the current system frankly works fine, and as much as i'd like to see this implemented it won't work with the current state of illegal roleplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
In order for this to work mob factions would need to actually roleplay distributing the guns realistically. With the current state of illegal factions, guns would be stockpiled and sold for crazy high amounts to whoever could afford them. I'm giving a -1, the current system frankly works fine, and as much as i'd like to see this implemented it won't work with the current state of illegal roleplay.

I see this side of it, there would have to be an automated system for some time before any illegal faction is trusted with it.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
An idea I had after reading this, maybe for another topic, would be to have a system exclusive to skilled roleplayers that would need to involve user-generated passive roleplay, done by someone who is R16/17+ of an illegal faction, with admin approval. This could be based on a pre-approval system (whitelist) or a group (like RP+). Very similar to the original BigJ system except requiring roleplay.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
+1, makes more sense tbh
bitcoin is basically just easy access to guns, have we all not complained once about there being too many guns??!?

sUp5rET.png