sUp5rET.png

A Guide To Being Arrested

AndreC

Roleplaying an Arrest

Being arrested is a common part of being a petty criminal on MTARP. Every time you commit a crime you have the possibility of being arrested as a punishment. Of course, doing jail time definitely is not the most fun part of being here. I mean, who wants to sit in a cell for thirty minutes when you could be out roleplaying with your gang? At the same time, it was your choice to participate in criminal roleplay, and thus you should accept your punishment with pride and a bit of enthusiasm.

Roleplay
If you did the crime, or you feel like the jail time given to you was unjust, or you dislike the officer who is arresting you OOC, or don't like his roleplay; YOU should roleplay at all times. Police officers should go leniant on you if you don't resist or bawl and fight back, and the process will be a lot smoother. Even if you're being arrested for driving without a license, or for running an organized drug ring, resisting arrest does not help your case. Going in faster means getting out faster, and getting back to your business, right?! Even if the officer is not roleplaying, you can always report them, but keep roleplaying. Unless they're being completely out of hand, always roleplay and show them that you are capable of roleplay and are willing to go though with the arrest as long as the officer is willing to straighten up.

And a side note; Even if you did not commit a crime and are being framed ICly, you need to roleplay. Telling the officers OOCly that you did not do something is pointless. The cops don't have the ability to void roleplay, only admins do.

Pay Attention

It's not uncommon for suspects (And officers) to fail to pay attention during an arrest. It's not only a pain for both parties to have to constantly repeat themselves, but it gets old. Paying attention also opens up possibilities of escape. Maybe they aren't holding your cuffs, and simply walking behind or beside you to the cruiser. Remember, paying attention can mean escape, or just a faster arrest.

The S/F System

From what I can tell, S/F is still a commonly used thing here. Not sure why, but it is. The generalization here is that if the other part is not using S/F, neither should you. I consider it powergaming personally, because you're not really deciding anything, on top of that, afterwards you need to explain what you did either way so S/F is just a preamble for your action. Just a couple of examples;
Officer:/me attempts to cuff John S/F?
John:/do F
Officer: /do Why?
John: /do I tucked my arms infront of me and and holding them tightly before you grabbed me

Opposed to the simple streamlined version of;
Officer: /me reaches for Johns arm and tries to pull it behind his back
John: /me resists and pulls his arms to his chest and tucks them in tightly

Much easier, much faster, and looks a lot better, ESPECIALLY in screenshots. It also makes you a much better roleplayer depending on how descriptive you are.

Avoid OOC Chat

Just a final pointer; Avoid OOC chat at all times. No, this doesn't mean that you can't, it just means that it ends up alot better if you don't. If it is for an IC reason, and you were framed, tell them, get some sort of adamant proof, an alibi, witnesses, something. If the officer is not willing to investigate, then you have full right to ask for their badge number if you can't see it on their badge, and report them to the Internal Affairs of that department. I find it that arrests are often taken OOC; Just a few common questions and responses; Who told you that I did this, how did you find me, I'm wearing X, you can't identify me, who called 911, and the number one OOC question that I run across is; WHY are you arresting me? It's normally asked OOC, when it should be IC. Just remember these few things and your arrests will run alot smoother in the future.

Sirus

Well done, not that I'd ever be down for an arrest, but others who are willing to roleplay an arrest without evading all the time like I do, I hope this helps you, as it actually is fun roleplaying a few different scenarios, and if you think about it and actually want to fight with a police officer, get close to him, and take subtle strikes, such as lifting your knee towards his crotch area, small effective things, and they actually work 9/10 times, don't be handcuffed and throw a punch at a cop, they will just laugh at you.

- Sirus

Ananya

Wait.. is it just me or does it say "resisting" does not always work? Because it never does.. 99% of the time, cops are like superman. I got arrested by cops who just sence me when I am behind them, and they are arresting my friend. And most of the time, when I am evading in a big truck or someting, cops just BOX me in, and apply their handbrake. In real life, I'd be able to get out of that. Also, when I was a newbie to this server, I got boxed in with HPV's and I was in a stallion.. Anyways, the only cop I saw that actually roleplayed good and actually did everything realisticly is Jacob Patterson. He doesn't enable his godmode and kill people amred with AK's with pepper sprays.

Burritos

Banned User
Like cops really don't RP as like they would IRL, he light poles and stuff, and they don't RP it well they are good but just RP a little more :)

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Mother
Fucking
Bump

This is the most useful thread I've ever read, and I'm jumping for joy since it's perfect.

For all you statwhores who just like to evade because you got BigJ in your pocket and don't give two jolly shits about RP, Realism, >Morales?<, Logic and Having a Brain so they can just *pew pew* CK cops because that is the fun thing that everyone does IRL, ama'rite? (no.) Learn from this thread, please.

Perhaps try some PD RP and learn what cops have to put up with ((Chasing a v12 Super-Duper SultanAgeraInfernusTurismoAWDCockSuck Mobile that evaded because of a $400 BZR Ticket and then being Ck'd because of it.))

P.S Sorry for the potty mouth (teehee)

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
I'm jumping for joy since it's perfect.

You need a life doe

For all you statwhores who just like to evade because you got BigJ

It's called Pay2Win. Statwhore's don't buy shit from /bigj. They just save up fuck tons of money, not spending it, unless they buy the biggest most expensive houses, another thing is that statwhore do not want to loe their 'pay'ed' for slots, so the don't risk a CK. also not everyone that evades uses BigJ, some use the Gun NPC, others don't use guns at all, most people have a reason to evade, whether it's because they are wanted or something similar, I don't see why you are badmouthing, probably because even with the V12 ALL WHEEL DRIVE PD Cruisers, you still can't catch a suspect? Don't mean to shit all over your comment, just don't think you should be bad mouthing the way players act in terms of whether they stat whore, pay2win or whatever, can't you just write it in a way that dosen't come off so hostile? You are supposed to be an administrator, you should respect the playerbase (whats left of it.)

Why don't we all RP realistically again like what it was like back in late 2013-mid 2014 and actually RP and everyone is happy (except for those who love CNR).

Don't mean to shit all over your comment, just don't think you should be bad mouthing the way players act in terms of whether they stat whore, pay2win or whatever, can't you just write it in a way that dosen't come off so hostile? You are supposed to be an administrator, you should respect the playerbase (whats left of it.)

Model's got a point, admins are supposed to be "professional" and respectful and promote realistic RP. But oh well.

Malachi

Why don't we all RP realistically again like what it was like back in late 2013-mid 2014 and actually RP and everyone is happy (except for those who love CNR).

Model's got a point, admins are supposed to be "professional" and respectful and promote realistic RP. But oh well.

I can't say I don't miss those days, the RP was much more immersive without the cops & robbers majority gameplay not saying that its the only thing on the server but as I've seen it takes a huge chunk out of it. I guess though it's people's choice to RP that way. As long as they RP it correctly and realistically I'm essentially fine with it. I'd love to see SAN make a good comeback and maybe HEX can be active again but hey, we will see with time.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
You need a life doe

It's called Pay2Win. Statwhore's don't buy shit from /bigj. They just save up fuck tons of money, not spending it, unless they buy the biggest most expensive houses, another thing is that statwhore do not want to loe their 'pay'ed' for slots, so the don't risk a CK. also not everyone that evades uses BigJ, some use the Gun NPC, others don't use guns at all, most people have a reason to evade, whether it's because they are wanted or something similar, I don't see why you are badmouthing, probably because even with the V12 ALL WHEEL DRIVE PD Cruisers, you still can't catch a suspect? Don't mean to shit all over your comment, just don't think you should be bad mouthing the way players act in terms of whether they stat whore, pay2win or whatever, can't you just write it in a way that dosen't come off so hostile? You are supposed to be an administrator, you should respect the playerbase (whats left of it.)

I respect everyone, just not their decisions (sometimes) evading because of a minor offense/arrest is stupid, lets all face that, and even if you do have stuff on you, resisting is gonna make it even worse.

Also, I rarely badmouth anyone but likely its for a good reason and having that pay2win is a big problem, thats why I'm abit "hostile" about it

Last edited by a moderator:

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
You are supposed to be an administrator, you should respect the playerbase (whats left of it.)
I respect everyone, and I actually love Ello and his community. So now I'm gonna be a faggot and leave :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sUp5rET.png