View Poll Results: Keep Wanted Criminal Rule?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 40.00%
  • No

    9 60.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

  1. #11
    #2012 Gang
    Original Dinapoli
    MTA:RP Veteran
    Majachie4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    on I-15 holdin 200
    Age
    30
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    What Luka said is nice in theory, however all it takes is one cop MGing to ruin it all. Unfortunately with the current playerbase and staff, the quality of roleplay will be difficult to improve. However, here's some things that should be changed, in my own opinion.
    1. All factions should be held to certain standard of roleplay. A certain amount of jails / warns etc and the faction is closed or put under new management. This should also apply to individual members. (probably a rule about this but not enforced)
    2. Stop letting people get away with warnings for breaking RP rules. Jail them, or else they will just do it again (speaking from experience)
    3. Start initiatives to bring former players and staff back to the server (maybe offer vpoint bonus for accounts created before a certain date who are just returning? idk)
    4. Stop letting admins get away with being lazy. I wont name names, but just recently a Head Admin crashed himself out of the game because he didn't want to deal with a new player, telling me "just let someone else deal with him" when I pmed on discord.
    5. Get a new community manager. (You asked. I have a feeling there's a reason players have been waaaay down in the last week. p.s banning me wont help either tytyty)

    The simple fact of the matter is; people don't need to roleplay for money and the economy is 100% stagnant. Unfortunately with micro transactions being a thing, there's nothing we can do about this unless we remove the reasons people use these micro transactions. People don't need to work for money unless they want to buy speedmodded cars or gated properties, and the only way to make good money is by reselling these things. Even with 2-3million in the bank, you can still buy mostly everything you need in the script (items in shops, unowned properties etc)

    I think there should be another "db error" and everyone should magically be reset to 20m. That's the only time i've ever seen people motivated to roleplay for money. GTA:Online is a perfect example. When it opened, people were doing jobs together and making clubs, trying to figure out the best way to make their money. But ever since they started giving away shark cards with game purchases it has turned into a guided missile fest.
    Last edited by Majachie4; June 27th, 2019 at 07:06 PM.
    Ex - Head of Illegal Factions
    Ex - Super Administrator
    Ex - Faction Review Team





  2. #12
    Former Community Manager
    MTA:RP Veteran
    Illegal RP
    Estonian
    hopzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Age
    22
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    I appreciate your concerns - opinions on what needs to be changed, we are still looking for more of them. Everything will be considered also in the administration to team to see how they feel about these issues.

    We are still looking for solutions to these problems.

    Speeding tickets have been / will be lowered in no-time. (Overload told me he will do it).

    Name Employment Rank Status
    Tony Payne Vivile Enterprises Director & President Alive
    Oscar Logan Hex Tow'n Go Supervisor Of Towing Department Alive
    Arnold Smith - - Alive
    Harry Weston Los Santos City Hall Worker Truck Driver Alive

    “When you are backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    “The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    “I don’t have dreams, I have goals.”
    “Win a no win situation by rewriting the rules.”
    ~ Harvey Specter ~

  3. #13

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majachie4 View Post
    I think there should be another "db error" and everyone should magically be reset to 20m. That's the only time i've ever seen people motivated to roleplay for money. GTA:Online is a perfect example. When it opened, people were doing jobs together and making clubs, trying to figure out the best way to make their money. But ever since they started giving away shark cards with game purchases it has turned into a guided missile fest.
    Why not just a complete financial breakdown, starting everyone from a fresh 20k or so?
    Having 20 mil allows players to live off interest and buy things in bulk to sell and make the lost money back. Furthermore, why not cap all players to a max amount in the bank upto 5 mil?
    This along with removing money making systems within perks would make sure everyone is back on an even playing field
    Although if this were ever to happen, it would have to be agreed by everyone to avoid alot of QQ
    Last edited by I_Am_Train; June 28th, 2019 at 12:49 AM.

  4. #14
    Former Community Manager
    MTA:RP Veteran
    Illegal RP
    Estonian
    hopzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Age
    22
    Posts
    687
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Am_Train View Post
    Why not just a complete financial breakdown, starting everyone from a fresh 20k or so?
    Having 20 mil allows players to live off interest and buy things in bulk to sell and make the lost money back. Furthermore, why not cap all players to a max amount in the bank upto 5 mil?
    This along with removing money making systems within perks would make sure everyone is back on an even playing field
    Although if this were ever to happen, it would have to be agreed by everyone to avoid alot of QQ
    The problem with this is -

    This has been tried in the past. Tried the whole reset - Then tried removing some amount of money - Tried removing money making perks - Removed F5 completely.

    Nothing this worked, the playerbase stayed at 2-3 daily.

    AND I wasn't CM at that moment so that was definetely not a problem.

    Im pretty sure there will not be any reset or something like that. Everyone likes money so when we higher the taxes/speeding tickets/vehicle prices - pretty much we try to raise anything there will be alot of QQ. And I mean ALOT OF.

    Removing Speedmodded cars - Not a chance - Might've made it so it would be possible to buy it for IG $, but for a high price.(Just an idea).

    Also we can higher the gun prices, but players have already enough guns to live out rest of their lives. So we have to think about something to get them sell/remove/lose their guns.

    Name Employment Rank Status
    Tony Payne Vivile Enterprises Director & President Alive
    Oscar Logan Hex Tow'n Go Supervisor Of Towing Department Alive
    Arnold Smith - - Alive
    Harry Weston Los Santos City Hall Worker Truck Driver Alive

    “When you are backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    “The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    “I don’t have dreams, I have goals.”
    “Win a no win situation by rewriting the rules.”
    ~ Harvey Specter ~

  5. #15
    MTA:RP Forum Legend Luka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,037
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    I don't feel like wasting time on writing essays that probably won't change a thing so I'll just respond in the most general way to Majachie and I_am_Legend.
    I hope you're aware of the current state of this server when it comes to its growth and development. There are roleplay servers out there way more developed and higher in RP standards than MTARP, and almost everyone knows that by now. MTARP has almost no chance of catching up with those servers (unless the community manager/server owner hired professional developers, but we're here trying to make money, not lose it right?), especially when it comes to development. Now tell me, if you made a reset on everyone's characters, how many of them would continue roleplaying on MTARP that still works on minorly updated VaIhaIIa scripts and a toxic community in general (no offence, but that's pretty noticeable from these troll comments and people arguing on every thread), when there's a nice community with constantly updated and stable scripts just next door? Let's be real here, even the most dedicated players won't stick around (I'm looking at you DrJoseEvil).

    Like I said, keep it as cops and robbers, that's my suggestion for keeping MTARP alive. I wish you best of luck


  6. #16

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I don't feel like wasting time on writing essays that probably won't change a thing so I'll just respond in the most general way to Majachie and I_am_Legend.
    I hope you're aware of the current state of this server when it comes to its growth and development. There are roleplay servers out there way more developed and higher in RP standards than MTARP, and almost everyone knows that by now. MTARP has almost no chance of catching up with those servers (unless the community manager/server owner hired professional developers, but we're here trying to make money, not lose it right?), especially when it comes to development. Now tell me, if you made a reset on everyone's characters, how many of them would continue roleplaying on MTARP that still works on minorly updated VaIhaIIa scripts and a toxic community in general (no offence, but that's pretty noticeable from these troll comments and people arguing on every thread), when there's a nice community with constantly updated and stable scripts just next door? Let's be real here, even the most dedicated players won't stick around (I'm looking at you DrJoseEvil).

    Like I said, keep it as cops and robbers, that's my suggestion for keeping MTARP alive. I wish you best of luck
    Absolutely. If this server has any hope of existing in the long term, that's the change that must be done. Embrace it, and let the roleplayers go elsewhere.
    Name Faction Role
    Charles Stark Los Santos Rock Radio DJ
    Alice Willhelson None None

  7. #17
    RP+
    Mapper & Designer
    South African
    DBCF Owner
    Buddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Absolutely 80's
    Age
    19
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majachie4 View Post
    What Luka said is nice in theory, however all it takes is one cop MGing to ruin it all. Unfortunately with the current playerbase and staff, the quality of roleplay will be difficult to improve. However, here's some things that should be changed, in my own opinion.
    1. All factions should be held to certain standard of roleplay. A certain amount of jails / warns etc and the faction is closed or put under new management. This should also apply to individual members. (probably a rule about this but not enforced)
    2. Stop letting people get away with warnings for breaking RP rules. Jail them, or else they will just do it again (speaking from experience)
    3. Start initiatives to bring former players and staff back to the server (maybe offer vpoint bonus for accounts created before a certain date who are just returning? idk)
    4. Stop letting admins get away with being lazy. I wont name names, but just recently a Head Admin crashed himself out of the game because he didn't want to deal with a new player, telling me "just let someone else deal with him" when I pmed on discord.
    5. Get a new community manager. (You asked. I have a feeling there's a reason players have been waaaay down in the last week. p.s banning me wont help either tytyty)

    The simple fact of the matter is; people don't need to roleplay for money and the economy is 100% stagnant. Unfortunately with micro transactions being a thing, there's nothing we can do about this unless we remove the reasons people use these micro transactions. People don't need to work for money unless they want to buy speedmodded cars or gated properties, and the only way to make good money is by reselling these things. Even with 2-3million in the bank, you can still buy mostly everything you need in the script (items in shops, unowned properties etc)

    I think there should be another "db error" and everyone should magically be reset to 20m. That's the only time i've ever seen people motivated to roleplay for money. GTA:Online is a perfect example. When it opened, people were doing jobs together and making clubs, trying to figure out the best way to make their money. But ever since they started giving away shark cards with game purchases it has turned into a guided missile fest.
    I agree with you till a certain extend. This is not a rant or anything, it's simply stating the facts. But the majority of the time it's either me online or one other head/supervisor online. This needs to change, when you deal with lower player bases you can't afford having a staff team that's barely present.



    CHARACTERS
    Listed In Most Active Order

    Mac Dafoe Los Santos Police Department Lieutenant / Detective
    Sasha De Broglio De Broglio Construction Firm Executive Board Director
    Richard Armstrong Hex Tow `n Go Driver II
    Edward Clark The Daily Cafe Owner


















  8. #18
    penny hardaway jr f6rza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    064
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I agree with you till a certain extend. This is not a rant or anything, it's simply stating the facts. But the majority of the time it's either me online or one other head/supervisor online. This needs to change, when you deal with lower player bases you can't afford having a staff team that's barely present.
    have you guys thought maybe the issue isn't the players and maybe its the admin team, just a thought
    he gon leak like a song..


    ex-lead administrator
    long lived legend

  9. #19

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by f6rza View Post
    have you guys thought maybe the issue isn't the players and maybe its the admin team, just a thought
    The last time I remember this server being really active at all was when we ran it...
    Name Faction Role
    Charles Stark Los Santos Rock Radio DJ
    Alice Willhelson None None

  10. #20
    #2012 Gang
    Original Dinapoli
    MTA:RP Veteran
    Majachie4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    on I-15 holdin 200
    Age
    30
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by HaveADream View Post
    The last time I remember this server being really active at all was when we ran it...
    Ex - Head of Illegal Factions
    Ex - Super Administrator
    Ex - Faction Review Team





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •