Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deathmatching - Is this still a rule?

Re: Deathmatching - Is this still a rule?

Quick reminder that this is a game. That this is nothing but a virtual game. I know people that forget that.
    I know people that get so angry, and so mad when things don't go their way. People that roleplay as illegal characters and people that roleplay as legal or PD characters.
    I want you to remember that when something doesn't go your way in-game, you should not get butt-hurt about it and start punching the walls in real life.

I have been seeing a lot of people calling this server a Cops and Robbers server. Saying that there are people with a "Cops and Robbers mentality". I don't blame them.
    I don't blame anyone for thinking that this is nothing but a Cops and Robbers server. I personally am starting to think that it is just a cops and robbers server. Heck, if you just
    scroll up a bit, you'll find that this whole thread talks about nothing but COPS and ROBBERS. Everyone that replied to this threat and that is going to reply isn't innocent of this.
    We all participate in this in one way or another. The fact that admins think about it as "Oh whos side do I favor? Cops or Illegals?" is just embarassing. There should be only two
    options that an admin has. There should only be two options that an admin must choose from. The option of those that follow the rules and the option of those that don't.
    This whole thread talks about nothing but people trying to RP as Rambo illegal characters or John Wick. But no one is talking about how cops also do the same thing.
    If you want realism then you should take into consideration that not all cops are straight up dickwads that arrest everyone they see. There is people that just don't realize
    that some cops are just simply nice and leaninet. Some people don't realize that not every situation has to end up in an arrest. Letting someone go with a warning isn't
    being corrupt. But it's being realistic. The fact that I never had anyone evade from me in a situation says a lot about this. It is as simple as Newton's Third Law.
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you treat everyone the same and just get out of your cruiser and start shooting their tyres.
    That will only lead to you getting know to people as that one person that is a fucking retard. Which will lead to you getting into situations where you'll get
    people that get out of their cars and shoot you in the head.

Also another reason why this is seen as a Cops and Robbers server is because there isn't roleplay. I am not going to say "I haven't seen others roleplay" or shit like that.
    Because I know damn well that I can't see what everyone is doing. But I personally have not been given the chance to roleplay illegaly. I have not participated in any illegal
    roleplay whatsoever lately because I am too worried about the fact that someone will see me in the street with "Night" in my name and get a hardon and MG the shit out of me.
    By someone, I mean our kind sir Serket aka John Pearce here. when I see him online, I stay inside an interior because I know he's going to do some bullshit that I don't want part of.
    I simply stay in an interior so I don't have to roleplay with him.

About this one comment that says:

Quote Originally Posted by tbagg1597 View Post
    There doesn’t to be any favoring
    Doesn’t need to*
    Theres no inbetween?
    Its either cops or criminals?
    Why cant everyone just follow the god damn rules, we’ll all be good and happy
    That’s literally all we are asking man, to follow the server rules.
    But not to import and his friends.. what are rules? Lol
    You think that it is simple. But it really isn't. You think that because something didn't go your way, then it isn't right. You think that all an admin has to do is just
    jail those that YOU think are wrong. But sadly it's not that simple. Because if you think that's the in-between sollution then you're delusional. If the admins did
    make it go your way and jail the other side. Then the other side will be like omg what the fuck man? Why are you favoring the cops side? They are clearly wrong
    and we aren't. Then this and that and that and this and endless QQ battle. Where the admin has to come in and satisfy both sides by voiding the sit completely.
    Which is something I don't blame any admin for. Voiding the sit is always the easy way out and it is the one with the least QQ.

I just want to say that no one here is perfect and no one here is innocent. If you really want to change the server for the better. Then you better change yourself first.
    Don't expect others to change for you. If you change yourself. If I change myself. If he changes himself. If they change themselves. Then we will all change.
    (it's late, don't judge my writing)
    stop saying the n word

While I didn't read every last bit of this thread because it's unbelievably long, like Wuppix said above nobody here is innocent. But like his John Pearce example, when you want to get out spraying at someone with an MP5/M4, I agree. Don't be surprised when they drive around the corner and start returning fire 10x harder than you every single time without fail.

Right now, I think the server is at a good balance, nobody has a specific advantage that is ruling the server. (save for Bjach sniping everybody in every situation he gets in, but he's banned now so) And, MP5s are actually disgustingly good weapons if you can use them right, but if you still think you're at a disadvantage then why not let lower ranks in PD start using M4s if you know there is an abundance of ARs on the illegal side? (has already been discussed)

I think one of the biggest thing, also that Wuppix mentioned is fear of MG. This wasn't a thing back in the day because MG/PG was 10x more of a common jail than what's going around now. (inventory abuse, first resort, dm) This whole situation with illegal vs. legal has gotten blown completely out of proportions where like said it feels like a cops n' robbers server. This is because of things like the /status rule which can be easily MG'd but shrugged off as "you were speeding" or "theres an apb out", and in my mind THE biggest is NOT LETTING PEOPLE RP. I don't know what to say other than if I scrape my bumper on a wall in a chase and you start shooting my tires mid-RP, you WILL get shot, one way or another.

The illegal side of this server has been RPing the same way since 2013/2014 and there's a pretty much whole new group doing the PD RP the way they see fit, which is where the conflict of interest comes in. I don't really understand it all that well because people coming from mainly illegal RP experience should understand their boundaries. They should know that most people carry atleast one gun on them, which is a felony. (which allows you to evade if you feel it's needed) They should also know that when you open fire first on said individual, 90% of the time it's not going to just end in an evasion, it's going to end in a return fire. (which ends up in a /report and QQfest because people can't handle deaths).

TL;DR

Illegal RP has been the same since 2013/2014 and new PD doesn't like getting sprayed down when they chase everyone and open fire first. (which should just be common sense)

#2012 Gang
    Original Dinapoli
    MTA:RP Veteran

it's a pretty simple issue which can be fix fairly easily but has been neglected for as long as i can remember. The problem is, there is so much fail RP and OOC hate in the police department that when they try to pull you over theres no telling whether they are trying to give you a ticket or simply metagaming and trying to find a reason to arrest you, so it is easier to just run. I have a hard time believing the criminal RPers are the issue considering we are some of the most experienced RPers on the server.

If admins focused on improving PD and their roleplay quality, the deathmatching and constant evasion would fix itself. However the fact of the matter is that PD has always been on the back burner.

Also, Syn pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    Last edited by Majachie4; June 26th, 2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Ex - Head of Illegal Factions
    Ex - Super Administrator
    Ex - Faction Review Team

*When a HEX employee views the Thread*.

This server was, is, and always will be about cops and robbers, and if you cannot realize that exactly the same thing is why everyone loves being on MTARP then you shouldn't even bother paying for the hosting. Majority choose either the good side (PD) or the bad side (mafia/gang), but rare few actually choose the third option, neutral (legal business owners or a simple worker). I've played here since 2012, and I can assure you that's how it always was. Good versus bad, cops versus robbers. All of you are talking about how this server lacks proper RP, but honestly, how many of you have actually tried properly RPing for a longer period of time? Sure, you get sick of shootouts and re-RP's and all the crybabies, but after a while you can't wait to get back in action and then it goes round and round. It's what this server is all about, cops versus robbers RPG style. Proof? You removed v12s and v16s, and along with that you took all the fun out of adrenalin driving/evading. Then you restarted everyone's accounts, and no one bothered getting all their ranks, guns and vehicles back.

However, I dont believe it is necessarily a bad thing. Trying to raise the RP standards would just be rediculous at this point, so why not head in between, and get the best out of cops n robbers. Leave it be, but make it fair and square for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    This server was, is, and always will be about cops and robbers, and if you cannot realize that exactly the same thing is why everyone loves being on MTARP then you shouldn't even bother paying for the hosting. Majority choose either the good side (PD) or the bad side (mafia/gang), but rare few actually choose the third option, neutral (legal business owners or a simple worker). I've played here since 2012, and I can assure you that's how it always was. Good versus bad, cops versus robbers. All of you are talking about how this server lacks proper RP, but honestly, how many of you have actually tried properly RPing for a longer period of time? Sure, you get sick of shootouts and re-RP's and all the crybabies, but after a while you can't wait to get back in action and then it goes round and round. It's what this server is all about, cops versus robbers RPG style. Proof? You removed v12s and v16s, and along with that you took all the fun out of adrenalin driving/evading. Then you restarted everyone's accounts, and no one bothered getting all their ranks, guns and vehicles back.

However, I dont believe it is necessarily a bad thing. Trying to raise the RP standards would just be rediculous at this point, so why not head in between, and get the best out of cops n robbers. Leave it be, but make it fair and square for both sides.
    i like this
    he gon leak like a song..

ex-lead administrator
    long lived legend

Former Community Manager
    Illegal RP
    Estonian

I agree with you. It has been like that always, but there still is a line somewhere. If we were gonna keep going like this without changing anything, soon there would've been only robbers left. It was not fair for both since PD was professional and didn't shoot anyone, but criminals rather than take 4-5 hours in arrest they started huge shootouts, calling out SWAT and everything. I dont want to take away the fun of it, I want to reduce it to the level it used to be. Few years back cops could pull people over and there was a chance of evasion or just random ticket. Right now when you are playing a cop alt, you pretty much pull over and know there is 90% chance it's gonna end in a shootout and us dying. I want to reduce the amount of shootouts happening, and it cannot be done just saying FR and DM. They do not FR nor DM, because they would be getting arrested and thats why they start the shootouts. It has gone that far when every single criminal is wanted / carrying a firearm (have a reason to start a shootout).

Name Employment Rank Status
    Tony Payne Vivile Enterprises Director & President Alive
    Oscar Logan Hex Tow'n Go Supervisor Of Towing Department Alive
    Arnold Smith - - Alive
    Harry Weston Los Santos City Hall Worker Truck Driver Alive

“When you are backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
    “The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
    “I don’t have dreams, I have goals.”
    “Win a no win situation by rewriting the rules.”
    ~ Harvey Specter ~

Hey guys, just wondering if the server is still up and running ?
    Cursive Fonts

Name Faction Age Status
    Frank Amato Drive IV - HEX Tow 'N' Go 21 Alive
    Casper Morris II Soulja Set Cripz 18 Alive
    Ernesto De Lues Garcia Commander-SixMile Syndicate 20 Alive

#2012 Gang
    Original Dinapoli

Thank you Luka.
    Ex - Head of Illegal Factions
    Ex - Super Administrator
    Ex - Faction Review Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12