Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with the server? [Questionare]

Banned User

Question What's wrong with the server? [Questionare]

Hey Guys,

I would like to address the community as a whole once again rather than in my introduction.
    I was wondering, why do YOU think the server lost its' player-base?
    Please do not mention any names unless it is a Major Event.

I want your complete truthful concerns and ideas to fix this.

#MakeMTARPGreatAgain

Sincere Regards,
    -Crucial

Banned User

Re: What's wrong with the server? [Questionare]

Hello new sir. Let me list up things that are wrong with the server, so you will have some information about how you can improve the server.

1. The administration team is very very poor. You should reconsider it and also get more administrators.
    2. Learn from past mistakes. Some people should be far away from the administration team.
    3. You will need new content in the server. Or else people will be really bored.
    4. The hierarchy of the server is really poor and makes it very hard for someone to get their ideas across. There will always be someone in the top who refuses against an idea, and that way it will never go forwards. Possibly changing the whole administration structure would help with this.
    5. The playerbase is based on statwhoring and driving cars. Therefore people who wants to RP will go elsewhere. Bring back RP by forcing it back in. (Scriptwise is the easiest way).
    6. Be the kind of owner who respects his administration team. A lot of owners feel like their admins are their bitches. The admins are people who are spending their valuable time to help your community for free, respect them for the volunteer work they do.
    7. Consider resetting everything to bring everyone back to the start. And change the prices and pays of everything to finally get a fresh start with the opportunity to have a realistic economy. (This can actually be done slowly, with alternate currencies that will take over.)
    8. Be an active owner. The activity of the owner is very important for the players and also the administrators.

And I have a lot more of ideas for you, feel free to contact me if you need more tips about running this community.

Estonian
    MTA:RP Veteran
    Fatman

I think 1 reason could be about mapping cost too. 1 object 2vpoint 1 object delete 10vpoint. Like if i want flowers in my yard already 2vpoint, in some object you need to delete over 2 object and its already 20+vpoint gone. Maybe lower mapping costs? lIke object removal 5? and like bigger object adding costs 2vpoint(Houses, fences, gates etc) and smaller ones 1vpoint(flowers,pots etc)? Just my idea

Estonian
    Fatman

And btw bring back MTA:vet nametag color!

#2012 Gang
    Original Dinapoli

Quote Originally Posted by Jockeyzz View Post
    2. Learn from past mistakes. Some people should be far away from the administration team.
    4. The hierarchy of the server is really poor and makes it very hard for someone to get their ideas across. There will always be someone in the top who refuses against an idea, and that way it will never go forwards. Possibly changing the whole administration structure would help with this.
    5. The playerbase is based on statwhoring and driving cars. Therefore people who wants to RP will go elsewhere. Bring back RP by forcing it back in. (Scriptwise is the easiest way).
    This man knows.
    Ex - Head of Illegal Factions
    Ex - Super Administrator
    Ex - Faction Review Team

Quote Originally Posted by derbi View Post
    I think 1 reason could be about mapping cost too. 1 object 2vpoint 1 object delete 10vpoint. Like if i want flowers in my yard already 2vpoint, in some object you need to delete over 2 object and its already 20+vpoint gone. Maybe lower mapping costs? lIke object removal 5? and like bigger object adding costs 2vpoint(Houses, fences, gates etc) and smaller ones 1vpoint(flowers,pots etc)? Just my idea
    The last thing we need is more mapping, my friend.

Jockeyzz knows, listen to him.

I played almost everywhere, and I have tried each and every single RP server out there, and then when I come back and look at MTA:RP, it's just doesn't seem like an RP server, it's more of an RPG server.

All of that because of the really poor economic system. I am not here to flame or anything, but let's be honest, all other RP servers have top 10 richest people, and it doesn't go up to the extent where they have over 100m. Illegal RP is just basically DMing, no one robs banks or stores or anything, because majority of the players have 1m in their bank and they don't need to rob a bank because it won't get them anywhere. This server has amazing scripts that you will never find anywhere else, and guess what? no one takes advantage of those scripts, because no one RPs, only type of RP that I see on the server now is just RPing crashes.

The vehicles system is shit, its not realistic at all, shouldn't even exist on an RP server. If you can work on a realistic vehicles system, that would be great! You already have people in this community that are really good with cars and know a lot, specially Import.

You either make this server less pay2win, and make it more of an RP server, or just make it an RPG server.

Afterall, this is my own personal opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with it.
    stop saying the n word

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jockeyzz View Post
    Hello new sir. Let me list up things that are wrong with the server, so you will have some information about how you can improve the server.

1. The administration team is very very poor. You should reconsider it and also get more administrators.
    3. You will need new content in the server. Or else people will be really bored.
    6. Be the kind of owner who respects his administration team. A lot of owners feel like their admins are their bitches. The admins are people who are spending their valuable time to help your community for free, respect them for the volunteer work they do.
    7. Consider resetting everything to bring everyone back to the start. And change the prices and pays of everything to finally get a fresh start with the opportunity to have a realistic economy. (This can actually be done slowly, with alternate currencies that will take over.)
    8. Be an active owner. The activity of the owner is very important for the players and also the administrators.

And I have a lot more of ideas for you, feel free to contact me if you need more tips about running this community.
    1. I am currently working on the administration team.
    2. I have learned from past mistakes as pretty much any human being with common sense does.
    3. We try to do that but it is hard trusting scripters like you that backdoor our server.
    4. It is not the forums are an AMAZING place to share ideas and get your ideas accross. There is no one stopping someone from doing something.
    5. The stat whore issue is a big issue in many servers and is being slowly solved.
    6. I respect my administration team already.
    7. I am not resetting everyone as that will make us lose half the player base
    8. I am already active. I have common sense

These ideas are basically common sense. I already know how to run a server.
    Thank you for the advice though

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wuppix View Post
    I played almost everywhere, and I have tried each and every single RP server out there, and then when I come back and look at MTA:RP, it's just doesn't seem like an RP server, it's more of an RPG server.

All of that because of the really poor economic system. I am not here to flame or anything, but let's be honest, all other RP servers have top 10 richest people, and it doesn't go up to the extent where they have over 100m. Illegal RP is just basically DMing, no one robs banks or stores or anything, because majority of the players have 1m in their bank and they don't need to rob a bank because it won't get them anywhere. This server has amazing scripts that you will never find anywhere else, and guess what? no one takes advantage of those scripts, because no one RPs, only type of RP that I see on the server now is just RPing crashes.

The vehicles system is shit, its not realistic at all, shouldn't even exist on an RP server. If you can work on a realistic vehicles system, that would be great! You already have people in this community that are really good with cars and know a lot, specially Import.

You either make this server less pay2win, and make it more of an RP server, or just make it an RPG server.

Afterall, this is my own personal opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with it.
    Obviously it is not being converted to an RPG server and we have already stopped the pay 2 win by stopping the donations of factions and taking some items up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast