sUp5rET.png

What's wrong with the server? [Questionare]

Crucial

Banned User
Hey Guys,

I would like to address the community as a whole once again rather than in my introduction.
I was wondering, why do YOU think the server lost its' player-base?
Please do not mention any names unless it is a Major Event.

I want your complete truthful concerns and ideas to fix this.

#MakeMTARPGreatAgain

Sincere Regards,
-Crucial

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Hello new sir. Let me list up things that are wrong with the server, so you will have some information about how you can improve the server.

1. The administration team is very very poor. You should reconsider it and also get more administrators.
2. Learn from past mistakes. Some people should be far away from the administration team.
3. You will need new content in the server. Or else people will be really bored.
4. The hierarchy of the server is really poor and makes it very hard for someone to get their ideas across. There will always be someone in the top who refuses against an idea, and that way it will never go forwards. Possibly changing the whole administration structure would help with this.
5. The playerbase is based on statwhoring and driving cars. Therefore people who wants to RP will go elsewhere. Bring back RP by forcing it back in. (Scriptwise is the easiest way).
6. Be the kind of owner who respects his administration team. A lot of owners feel like their admins are their bitches. The admins are people who are spending their valuable time to help your community for free, respect them for the volunteer work they do.
7. Consider resetting everything to bring everyone back to the start. And change the prices and pays of everything to finally get a fresh start with the opportunity to have a realistic economy. (This can actually be done slowly, with alternate currencies that will take over.)
8. Be an active owner. The activity of the owner is very important for the players and also the administrators.

And I have a lot more of ideas for you, feel free to contact me if you need more tips about running this community.

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
I think 1 reason could be about mapping cost too. 1 object 2vpoint 1 object delete 10vpoint. Like if i want flowers in my yard already 2vpoint, in some object you need to delete over 2 object and its already 20+vpoint gone. Maybe lower mapping costs? lIke object removal 5? and like bigger object adding costs 2vpoint(Houses, fences, gates etc) and smaller ones 1vpoint(flowers,pots etc)? Just my idea

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
And btw bring back MTA:vet nametag color!

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
2. Learn from past mistakes. Some people should be far away from the administration team.
4. The hierarchy of the server is really poor and makes it very hard for someone to get their ideas across. There will always be someone in the top who refuses against an idea, and that way it will never go forwards. Possibly changing the whole administration structure would help with this.
5. The playerbase is based on statwhoring and driving cars. Therefore people who wants to RP will go elsewhere. Bring back RP by forcing it back in. (Scriptwise is the easiest way).
This man knows.

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I think 1 reason could be about mapping cost too. 1 object 2vpoint 1 object delete 10vpoint. Like if i want flowers in my yard already 2vpoint, in some object you need to delete over 2 object and its already 20+vpoint gone. Maybe lower mapping costs? lIke object removal 5? and like bigger object adding costs 2vpoint(Houses, fences, gates etc) and smaller ones 1vpoint(flowers,pots etc)? Just my idea

The last thing we need is more mapping, my friend.

Wuppix

not EU
I played almost everywhere, and I have tried each and every single RP server out there, and then when I come back and look at MTA:RP, it's just doesn't seem like an RP server, it's more of an RPG server.

All of that because of the really poor economic system. I am not here to flame or anything, but let's be honest, all other RP servers have top 10 richest people, and it doesn't go up to the extent where they have over 100m. Illegal RP is just basically DMing, no one robs banks or stores or anything, because majority of the players have 1m in their bank and they don't need to rob a bank because it won't get them anywhere. This server has amazing scripts that you will never find anywhere else, and guess what? no one takes advantage of those scripts, because no one RPs, only type of RP that I see on the server now is just RPing crashes.

The vehicles system is shit, its not realistic at all, shouldn't even exist on an RP server. If you can work on a realistic vehicles system, that would be great! You already have people in this community that are really good with cars and know a lot, specially Import.

You either make this server less pay2win, and make it more of an RP server, or just make it an RPG server.

Afterall, this is my own personal opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with it.

Crucial

Banned User
Hello new sir. Let me list up things that are wrong with the server, so you will have some information about how you can improve the server.

1. The administration team is very very poor. You should reconsider it and also get more administrators.
3. You will need new content in the server. Or else people will be really bored.
6. Be the kind of owner who respects his administration team. A lot of owners feel like their admins are their bitches. The admins are people who are spending their valuable time to help your community for free, respect them for the volunteer work they do.
7. Consider resetting everything to bring everyone back to the start. And change the prices and pays of everything to finally get a fresh start with the opportunity to have a realistic economy. (This can actually be done slowly, with alternate currencies that will take over.)
8. Be an active owner. The activity of the owner is very important for the players and also the administrators.

And I have a lot more of ideas for you, feel free to contact me if you need more tips about running this community.

1. I am currently working on the administration team.
2. I have learned from past mistakes as pretty much any human being with common sense does.
3. We try to do that but it is hard trusting scripters like you that backdoor our server.
4. It is not the forums are an AMAZING place to share ideas and get your ideas accross. There is no one stopping someone from doing something.
5. The stat whore issue is a big issue in many servers and is being slowly solved.
6. I respect my administration team already.
7. I am not resetting everyone as that will make us lose half the player base
8. I am already active. I have common sense

These ideas are basically common sense. I already know how to run a server.
Thank you for the advice though :D

Crucial

Banned User
I played almost everywhere, and I have tried each and every single RP server out there, and then when I come back and look at MTA:RP, it's just doesn't seem like an RP server, it's more of an RPG server.

All of that because of the really poor economic system. I am not here to flame or anything, but let's be honest, all other RP servers have top 10 richest people, and it doesn't go up to the extent where they have over 100m. Illegal RP is just basically DMing, no one robs banks or stores or anything, because majority of the players have 1m in their bank and they don't need to rob a bank because it won't get them anywhere. This server has amazing scripts that you will never find anywhere else, and guess what? no one takes advantage of those scripts, because no one RPs, only type of RP that I see on the server now is just RPing crashes.

The vehicles system is shit, its not realistic at all, shouldn't even exist on an RP server. If you can work on a realistic vehicles system, that would be great! You already have people in this community that are really good with cars and know a lot, specially Import.

You either make this server less pay2win, and make it more of an RP server, or just make it an RPG server.

Afterall, this is my own personal opinion, feel free to agree or disagree with it.

Obviously it is not being converted to an RPG server and we have already stopped the pay 2 win by stopping the donations of factions and taking some items up.

Myth

<b><span style="color:#31BAE8;"t>Skrt Skrt</b></sp
I feel the playerbase is what is gone wrong or has gone wrong, most of us left because some of the admin team, there is some decent ones but there are some areas within that is just pure shit, I'd love a private convo with you as overload wasn't the best to talk to about problems.

IlikeTrains

Banned User
The shoutbox, anyone else agree?

Yeah I too am having trouble with the shoutbox, I think this needs to get sorted ASAP as this is my main form of communication with the community since for some reason all the invites I get for Discord expire :/

Urgent maintenance needed for this!

Stick

I haven't been around much but it seems like the same issues always come back. However, at this stage it has gone to far and those issues that weren't
that big in the past has come to a huge disability to the community.

Admins:
I see some names in the admin team where i can already assume that they will not put in the effort they should. I'm actually
not going to say anything because it would be to biased to just assume if they do their work or not based on past experience.

Crucial: "7. I am not resetting everyone as that will make us lose half the player base"

Reset:
Yeah, obviously no one likes to be reset but for just a minute can we think about it? Talking to all you statwhores out there, aren't you bored?
Yeah you got your 20 cars and yeah you got your 15 property's that you never use. Now what? Drive around and just complain how bored you are?
For just a minute don't think about the stats you have but the fun you most likely had getting to the point where you are now.
You're here for the purpose of RP, to have fun and to enjoy your time on MTA:RP right? What if we all go back to the point where
we actually had to do something to get to the point you are now? Yeah you won't have your millions that are just stacking up
on your backaccount, or all those cars you never use.

Now there's two ways you can go, everyone understands and agrees that you worked hard for it or you have possibly
donated your lunch money for a month but really your here for fun right? As soon as the economy gets back to
a normal state people will start working for their money. That means that people will actually start RP'ing because
they want to become someone. You know you can drive around for hours with your expensive cars and just be bored,
or you can make the decision to agree to a reset and actually BE that person that want change and want to see
this community getting somewhere because trust me everything is still possible but it all starts with you, the person.

So give up your fancy boring life and start fresh because you ain't gonna tell me that your still having fun with all your
money and besides that it's pointless being "rich" if everone is rich. All that's causing is that new players will either
be flooded with money or just not bother because no one cba to RP anymore because they got all they want
and they simply forget the purpose of this game which is having fun.

Scripts:
Everytime i hear people saying "new scripts will make it so much better" it won't. This server offers you more then just the basics
it has everything you need for you to play this game and enjoy it. Yeah obviously it's not a bad idea having new features
but it's not that important for now there's better things to focus on. Aslong as the basic features are working it's good.

Ownership change:
A lot of people disliked Ello and for that reason they never cared to play here. Now that there's a new owner there is a slight chance
that those players will give it another try. I could list all the reasons why people didn't like him but we all know it so it's pointless.

If i'd need to make a list of what to do then it would look like this:

1> Admin team sorted out, clean communication, weekly meetings.
2> Community interaction is key, listen to whatever anyone has to say and actually do something with it.
Write down a weekly/monthly post of what people actually has said so the whole community sees that your
doing something with the information that they provide.
2> Server wide reset discussion, what is there to lose if we reset and what could we possibly gain?

Mkay.
(Sorry for any grammatical mistakes, i just woke up)

Luka

I haven't been around much but it seems like the same issues always come back. However, at this stage it has gone to far and those issues that weren't
that big in the past has come to a huge disability to the community.

Admins:
I see some names in the admin team where i can already assume that they will not put in the effort they should. I'm actually
not going to say anything because it would be to biased to just assume if they do their work or not based on past experience.

Crucial: "7. I am not resetting everyone as that will make us lose half the player base"

Reset:
Yeah, obviously no one likes to be reset but for just a minute can we think about it? Talking to all you statwhores out there, aren't you bored?
Yeah you got your 20 cars and yeah you got your 15 property's that you never use. Now what? Drive around and just complain how bored you are?
For just a minute don't think about the stats you have but the fun you most likely had getting to the point where you are now.
You're here for the purpose of RP, to have fun and to enjoy your time on MTA:RP right? What if we all go back to the point where
we actually had to do something to get to the point you are now? Yeah you won't have your millions that are just stacking up
on your backaccount, or all those cars you never use.

Now there's two ways you can go, everyone understands and agrees that you worked hard for it or you have possibly
donated your lunch money for a month but really your here for fun right? As soon as the economy gets back to
a normal state people will start working for their money. That means that people will actually start RP'ing because
they want to become someone. You know you can drive around for hours with your expensive cars and just be bored,
or you can make the decision to agree to a reset and actually BE that person that want change and want to see
this community getting somewhere because trust me everything is still possible but it all starts with you, the person.

So give up your fancy boring life and start fresh because you ain't gonna tell me that your still having fun with all your
money and besides that it's pointless being "rich" if everone is rich. All that's causing is that new players will either
be flooded with money or just not bother because no one cba to RP anymore because they got all they want
and they simply forget the purpose of this game which is having fun.

Scripts:
Everytime i hear people saying "new scripts will make it so much better" it won't. This server offers you more then just the basics
it has everything you need for you to play this game and enjoy it. Yeah obviously it's not a bad idea having new features
but it's not that important for now there's better things to focus on. Aslong as the basic features are working it's good.

Ownership change:
A lot of people disliked Ello and for that reason they never cared to play here. Now that there's a new owner there is a slight chance
that those players will give it another try. I could list all the reasons why people didn't like him but we all know it so it's pointless.

If i'd need to make a list of what to do then it would look like this:

1> Admin team sorted out, clean communication, weekly meetings.
2> Community interaction is key, listen to whatever anyone has to say and actually do something with it.
Write down a weekly/monthly post of what people actually has said so the whole community sees that your
doing something with the information that they provide.
2> Server wide reset discussion, what is there to lose if we reset and what could we possibly gain?

Mkay.
(Sorry for any grammatical mistakes, i just woke up)

Big applause for this man, I support his words. #ResetMTARP2k17

sUp5rET.png