sUp5rET.png

What operating system do you use/prefer, and why?

greenops011

Donator
Donator
So this thread is just a simple way to share your views on the many options you have as a computer user. And it is not "Microsoft-exclusive". If you use Macintosh, Linux, or any other variation of Unix-based systems, you are more than welcome to share. Some people use multiple operating systems, and use each for a different purpose (myself included). It would be very interesting to see what people use, and their takes on them

I'll start us off.

On my main desktop computer I am running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I also have the GRUB bootloader installed, and am running GNURadio Linux along side it. Windows 7 is used for my day to day things, like web browsing, playing games, work, etc. I use GNURadio linux for most of my "software defined radio" activities. Using a pair of $20 USB RTL-SDR dongles, I can use my computer as a radio scanner and listen to my local Fire department radios, along with a lot of other cool things (can't listen to my local PD as they have been encrypted since the late 1980's.

On to my laptops.

I have an Asus EEEpc that I am running a multi-boot on. First OS that was installed was Windows XP Pro 32-bit, with service pack 3. In addition to that, I am also running UbuntuLite, Lubuntu.

My Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 is running Windows XP Pro 32-bit, service pack 3. I am very reluctant to install windows 7, as I am not 100% confident the touchscreen drivers will work in 7

sUp5rET.png