sUp5rET.png

What makes MTA:RP different now?

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
In 2012 when I started MTA:RP it was a joke. I had been admin at Valhalla, and subsequently fired and banned.. me and a group of friends tried to start Vedic gaming roleplay, and through one reason or another one of the developers could not stop giving his password to everyone. We ended up shutting it down because we couldn’t stop getting “hacked” because of that developer.
I joined another server which eventually shut down. So MTA as a whole to me was a joke at the time.
I started the server we play on today completely alone, with the name Walhalla, an exact copy of the Valhalla Scripts. To my surprise we hit 30 players a day very quickly, and it wasn’t even serious. We didn’t have a staff team, we had no factions, we were just a joke.

The encouragement of the community led me to actually do something with it. We named it MTA Roleplay because I figured that was a very generic and to the point name. In fact after we named it that, the owner of Valhalla went and bought mtarp.com and tried to sell it to me for thousands. We still operate on a .co for that reason..

In 2012, I was a broke kid. I’ve never had a lot of money, not have I had a good job at the time. I was trying to start MTA Roleplay and keep it online by paying for server bills, I worked part time at Walmart to make extra money. And of course, you can’t forget all of the DDOS attacks we suffered throughout the years, which led to me spending way more money than I should have on servers with “ddos protection “. In reality that protection did nothing..

MTA Roleplay was my first venture that actually started making money online. And it was pretty crazy to think.. in fact it came to a point where I didn’t have to work my Walmart job anymore just to keep things going, I did for a while to have extra money. But I was used to living on nearly nothing. I didn’t have a lot of money to begin with, so $500 a month was way more than I needed..

When Mta roleplay started declining I didn’t have a job, I didn’t have another source of income, I relied too heavily on MTA. Which as bahey says is what created the JTA equation.
I would allow anyone to pay for anything, because that was my only source of income.

It took MTA Roleplay falling for me to think outside of the box into my next adventure. And over the past couple of years I have created a very successful business selling Internet services. So successful in fact that I brought on my friends Mach2, BaggedDev, and LastPirate4.
All of us are currently employed by ourselves, doing the same business model that I started.

So that brings me to today, how does this affect MTA Roleplay? i’m a strong believer that if you do something for the money, it will fail. Although MTA Roleplay did not start as a money making scheme for me, it did evolve into that. And I do believe that that has a huge contributing fact of why it failed.
We’ve decided to work on MTARp and bring it back up, but the difference today is I don’t need the money. Donations are great, and it’s a way for people to get ahead in the game without having to actually work for it. But it should never be required to do anything.

So recent changes we’ve made are:
There is now a donator car shop in game in LV. All of the donator cars are sold for in game cash. You can still donate to get the car very easily, or you can pay some of your millions to get it. We use the current exchange rate of $50,000 per one vpoint which is the average they sell for on F5.

In the past we have encouraged donators by offering better gun packages. But now we have converted all of our gun and drug shops to bitcoin. Bitcoin can be had by buying a miner and mining the coin in your own home. We do in the future plan to offer an F5 like menu where players can trade bitcoin. Presently there is a command to /sellbtc and the market for that is at complete random. We may in the future make a /buybtc based on the same market rate, however that’s TBD.
(No I don’t mean REAL Bitcoin..)

Which brings me to another point F5,
For years we have gotten flack for creating F5 as an exchange system for players to trade their V points for dollars or the other way around. But that’s all it is is a trade. Nothing is being spawned for people buying or selling vpoints.
Some argue that I sell them at 90,000 and then end up buying them at 10,000, but that’s still not spawning money. Every time I make a sale of one Vpoint I make $90,000 in game, and every time I buy a Vpoint I only lose $10,000. Nothing is being spawned doing that. In fact I typically charity the excess money to keep myself under 400 million. I personally don’t think that having more than 400 million is even worth it, there’s not that much stuff to spend your money on, and I’m not here to be the richest in the server.
(Except for last week when I had $1 billion the whole week just to piss people off lol)

All in all, I think the changes that we’re making are for the better of the server. There is not presently anything in the server that you can’t do without donating. And there are several things that you used to could donate for that you just can’t anymore. Including staff rank.

As of now, if MTA Roleplay never gets another player. We’ll probably still keep it online anyway. We are the longest standing server on MTA, and because it’s no longer about the money, the server is going to stay up regardless.

There will always be haters, there will always be people who will try to paint us in a bad light. This is the exact reason I’ve chosen not to advertise the server for years on the MTA forums. Someone is always going to have something to say. But I encourage you to come in game and check it out for yourself, if you always listen to what other people have to say then everything sucks. You never truly know until you experience it for yourself.

valhalla lol that brought back some memories hahaa

i just want to say thank you for bringing this back and making it a staple in our crazy lives. it has always been a place to come to and relax and converse with others and have a life outside our own. and knowing it will always be available as long as the internet is alive lol makes me feel good.

thank you again

sUp5rET.png