sUp5rET.png

* UPDATED Role-Play Guide *

Pulse

Donator
Donator
This is an updated noob-friendly guide on how to role-play since all of the other guides in this forum are out dated.​

1. Creating an Account
This is very easy, just put in your desired account name and password and click Register.

ddff18e9b0.jpg

2. Making a Character
Click on 'Create a new character!'

7a8fd4fc17.jpg
2a. Character Name and Description
Character Name
Your Character's name must be in this format: Firstname Lastname (not Firstname_Lastname). The first letter of both of your names has to be a capital, for example: Firstname Lastname, not firstname lastname.

Character description
This should be a basic description of your character. Race, height, weight, any physical attributes.​

80affa2f8c.jpg

3. Getting started
This is where you spawn when you make a new character. I have edited the screenshots so you can see where the shops where you need to go.

bGlQCy0.jpg

Sk3QCrB.jpg
3a. Using an ATM
Withdrawing Money: Press M to activate your mouse and then right click the ATM. Now you need to put in the amount to withdraw and click Withdraw.
Depositing Money: You need to be at an ATM where you can deposit. For example, at any of the Banks - $ on the F11 map.
7f32abde76.jpg
3b. Getting your License
You need to enter this interior, it's right next to where you spawn.
f635522b47.jpg

Walk up to the NPC and press M to bring up your mouse. Right click the NPC and click on Talk.
9f699771ee.jpg

Click on Car License one time, and then click Buy License.
2bac469d1f.jpg

Now you will have to complete a short written test.
5mqhNGU.jpg

If you pass you will be shown a small message like this.
Adzwgtn.jpg

Enter one of the DMV cars outside and follow the purple blips until you reach the green blip.
If you pass, this message will show in the chat: Congratulations, you've passed the second part of your driving examination.
You are now fully licensed to drive on the public streets. You have paid the $350 processing fee.

EEDJgS8.jpg
3c. Getting a Job
You need to enter the City Hall interior, also located near where you spawn.
aanSzYj.jpg

Press M and right click Jessie Smith and then click Talk.
nplhOYH.jpg

Click on any of the Jobs listed and then click Accept Job.
1bPo625.jpg

A pink blip will appear on your F11 map, go to it and follow the instructions in the chat. (Just for an example I chose the Bus Driver job.)
YrbBfO8.jpg

4. Introduction to RolePlaying
Roleplaying in MTA:RP is playing the role of your character and treating it like it's real life. This doesn't mean you have to play the role of yourself in real life, you can be anyone you want to be, as long as it's realistic.
4a. In-game chats
Out of Character (OOC) chat - When you are using this chat that means you are talking as the person playing MTA:RP on the computer, instead of the character in the game.

In Character (IC) chat - When you are typing in this chat it means you are talking as the character in-game. You are expected to roleplay at all times if you are talking in this chat. - It is preferred that you type full words and not abbreviations in this chat, for example: One instead of 1. Also try to use proper punctuation in this chat.
4b. RolePlaying your actions
/me - /me is used in roleplay to show other players what they would see when there is no animation to show what your character is doing.

r566dat.png

/do is used to show other players things like visual / environment (smell, sound etc.).

B2hIOWw.png

all credit to Mittell for these because I cbf making my own

5. General roleplay rules
MetaGaming (MG):
MetaGaming is taking information you have learned Out of Character (OOC) and using it In Character (IC). I will post some examples below.

Using PM's to communicate and meet up ICly: The correct way to RP would be for you to either use your cellphone to call the other player, or use your radio to communicate long distance. PM From - Derek Costello: Hey man, come to the Dillimore Gas Station.

Reading player name-tags in-game: You can't say another characters name in In Character (IC) chat just because you read it on their name-tag. Your character has to meet their character ICly before knowing their name - IF they tell it to you.

Giving information ICly about another player based on their ID number in-game, for example: If a Derek (Police officer) attempts to arrest Chris (Criminal) but Chris escapes and is wearing a mask, Derek can't see Chris later on without a mask and notice that it's the same player. Derek can however remember a brief description of what Chris looked like based on his clothes, height, weight, skin colour and accent (Things you would remember in real life).

PowerGaming (PG):
1. (Forcing roleplay on other players) Making roleplay actions without awaiting or giving the other player any time to respond, example: /me reaches for Derek's right arm, pinning it behind his back. - The correct way to RP it would be something like this - /me reaches for Derek's right arm, attempting to pull it behind his back. /do Would there be any resistance from Derek?

2. Think you are some indestructible terminator or some superathletic and super powerful Rambo: I guess that speaks for itself.

3. Roleplaying items you do not have: Also speaks for itself, here's an example: You can't roleplay shooting someone with a Colt.45 if you don't actually have one on your character, you can however make other people think you have, for example, a Colt.45 tucked in your waistline - /me lifts up his shirt slightly and quickly places his hand under his shirt.

DeathMatching (DM):
DeathMatching is attacking another player (DM) or vehicle (Car-DM) without any IC reason and without using roleplay (/me and /do). Pulling a gun on another player as a first resort could also be considered DeathMatching.
5a. MTA:RP Server rules
1. Drive realistically at all times. Use common sense, if you’re unsure of what is allowed, ask.

2. Roleplay at All times (only Admins may deem a situation OOC)

3. You may only steal legal/illegal faction vehicles. Theft of government vehicles requires Level Three administrator permission or above. Parking or otherwise permanent removal of a vehicle requires Level Four administrator permission as well as faction leader permission. Theft of non-faction vehicles is allowed, theft of keys requires owner’s permission however.

4. Any use of hacks, cheating, third party programs or any other related method in order to further yourself by unapproved means is unacceptable and can be dealt with via a community blacklist.

5. Deathmatching is not allowed (the killing of another player without proper reasoning or preapproved administrator permission).

6. Revenge killing (returning to the scene of death in order to kill whoever first killed you) is strictly prohibited. Anything which lead up to your death is to be roleplayed as ‘memory loss’.

7. You may not speak any other language, aside from English, in any public chat. Private Messaging is the only allowed chat to which you can communicate in different languages.

8. Metagaming, mixing In-Character and Out-Of-Character information is strictly prohibited. Feelings, emotions or otherwise involved subjects in one area may not be brought into the other, they’re separate. This includes giving Real Life money for In-Game assets and vice versa.

9. Insulting another player, using derogative language or otherwise being demeaning is not tolerated and can be punishable up to banning.

10. Powergaming, or forcing your roleplay upon another, is strictly prohibited. You must allow proper timing between actions, roleplay injuries and other related incidents fully, as well as roleplay only in the ability of your character In Real Life.

11. Any major roleplay event, such as a bank robbery or ‘riot’, must be pre-approved via the Head Administration. Your actions will be voided and you may be subject to administrator punishment.

12. Rape and pedophilia are strictly prohibited. Roleplaying as mentally disabled or handicapped is strictly prohibited. If consensual on both sides, rape may be allowed.

13. Bunny hoping, or repeatedly jumping to move faster, will result in administrator punishments.

14. Healing yourself via any means during any type of roleplay or between pauses in a roleplay is strictly prohibited. You will face serious punishments for doing this.

15. Any type of scam which involves vehicles and/or property assets is strictly prohibited unless agreed upon by both parties. Any other type of scamming is allowed as long as it follows the server rules.

16. Logging to avoid roleplay, switching characters, accounts, or otherwise escaping an active roleplay scene can lead to severe administrator punishments. A minimum of fifteen minutes must be used before removing yourself from the game after a roleplay.

17. Abbreviations in In-Character chats (OMG, WTF, etc) are strictly prohibited.

18. Provoking or otherwise demeaning law enforcement is strictly prohibited.

19. Alt to Alt, or transferring assets from one character to another, or from account to account, will result in a permanent ban on yourself.

20. You must roleplay taking out weapons and items with a /me at all times. You must be clear in the /me's and have separate binds for taking out/putting away.

21. Your /me(s) must be clear and understandable. If you are going to take out a weapon, say where you are taking it out from and how you are taking the weapon out with details so it is clear. Using multi choice binds and or /me(s) such as the one that follows are not allowed. (( /me holsters/unholsters weapon.))

22. Your account is your responsibility. If your password, username or other sensitive material is known to others, it is your responsibility to have it changed. Anything done on your account is on you.

23. Famous names are not tolerated and will be changed. Excessively doing this may result in a permanent ban.

24. Weapons should be used realistically. Using a gun as your first choice can be considered First Resort and punishable by the administration.

25. All /advertisements should be roleplayed that they were placed in either a newspaper, tv commerical, or flyers around the city. Use common sense when using /ad. Do not request or offer illegal items or services trough /ad.

26. Arson requests must be cleared via a Level Three administrator or higher.

27. Any character under five(5) hours is subject to a ‘free-ride’ ability. You may not rob, kill, or otherwise harm these players in their first five hours unless antagonized directly by the player.

28. Usage of NPC’s to replace actual characters is strictly prohibited. You may not roleplay them as bodyguards, bouncers, or civilians (no 911 calling, automatic roleplay, etc.).

29. Guns are a last resort! Do not pull a gun out with out a proper RP reason. You have your fists and /me(s) for a reason.

30. Abuse of hotline numbers in order to provoke, lure, or otherwise engage in activities not specified by the faction corresponding to the hotline is strictly prohibited.

31. The blatant acts of criminal activity in public areas (Verona Mall, Idlewood Gas Station) can result in police notification by the administration. Likewise criminal activity in government buildings (Hospitals, police departments, etc.) is strictly prohibited without pre-approved permission from a Level Four administrator or higher.

32. Burglary of a house must be approved by a Level Two administrator and proper reasoning must be supplied.

33. Removal of faction members without notification/reasoning can result in Faction Review Team action. Likewise you are not able to Character Kill anyone who leaves or is removed from a faction, you must still have proper reasoning and approval from a Level Three administrator or above.

34. Binds that are used to RP crashes are not allowed. As every crash is different, you must RP each situation separately.

35. Theft of medals from any faction is strictly prohibited, no exceptions are allowed here. The issuing of these medals should be in concurrence with the rarity and privilege associated with them.

36. Use of 'OOC Promises'' for anything In-Character related, such as not to rob or kill, is and will be considered metagaming and jail-able.

37. Voiding any roleplay based solely on the reason of lag is and will not be tolerated unless allowed by both parties and an administrator. It is, by default, your agreement to roleplay anything which may be caused by your own lag on the server.

6. Commands and Hotkeys
Commands
/helpcmds - lists all of the in-game player commands
/wearablepos - position your wearable clothing (masks, sunglasses)
/report - report another player / report for help
/setvol 0-60 - sets the volume of the in-car radio

Hotkeys
F1 - help menu
F2 - report
F3 - faction GUI
F4 - custom vehicle mod downloader
F5 - vPoint marketplace
F6 - N/A
F7 - donation menu
F8 - console
F9 - N/A
F10 - character select / options
F11 - large scale map
F12 - screenshot - located in your multi-theft-auto folder
J - toggles the vehicle engine on / off
F - enter interiors / vehicles
G - enter vehicle as passenger
I - view inventory
M - toggle mouse active
O - MTA:RP friends list

7. Map Blips
These are the map blips found in F11

Your Character
Blipid2.png

Airport
Blipid5.jpg

Ammunation
Blipid18.jpg

Bank
Blipid52.jpg

Business (owned by your character)
Blipid32.jpg

Car Shop
Blipid27.jpg

City Hall
Blipid41.png

Clothing Store
Blipid45.jpg

Delivery Truck Driver Job
Blipid51.jpg

Fire Department
Blipid20.jpg

Gas Station
Blipid55.jpg

Hex Tow 'n' Go
Blipid11.jpg

Hospital
Blipid22.jpg

House (owned by your character)
Blipid31.jpg

Pay 'n' Spray (sit in here for 1 minute and your car will be fixed for a small price)
Blipid63.jpg

Police Station
Blipid30.jpg

Prison
Blipid16.jpg

Shopping Centre
Blipid48.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
That's one of the best roleplay guides I've seen, and I've seen many. Good job mate, hat off to you.

PS: Mittell Buurman, oh the memories...

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Character Description is what you're wearing, when you are in game and /editlook, you can edit it with more of an understanding of what should be there.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Just here in my garage.

Just bought this new RP guide

Wanna know what I love more then reading my RP Guide?

Roleplaying, I roleplay a new scenario everyday

sUp5rET.png