sUp5rET.png

Unforeseen Changes - SPD Closing

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator

Merger

Through powers above my own, it was decided that the State Police Department would be shut down and all funding would cease. I was notified myself yesterday, Chief Beatty, of the circumstances and whether or not to allow the troopers to come over to the LSPD or not. In spite of any differences people may have, I believed it a better choice to allow those whom wanted to come over to be able to, rather than deprive them of it due to a small minorities feelings.

With that said, the Los Santos Police Department has grown to nearly double its size because of this change in events and we're hoping for a closer, stronger and better built department because of this. We're determined to turn a bad situation into a better tomorrow for both the city and ourselves. Effective immediately, all State Police personnel will have their employment status changed to reflect their new positions, as well as their paychecks and status being carried over. No one will be denied nor turned away and everyone is guaranteed to be given a fair chance at any position or status which correctly reflects their previous ones (or above that).

To help maintain and deal with the situation we're given on such short notice, we will enact a few short-term policies until we can better settle in.

High Command
All High Command staff (Lieutenant+) will be given the free choice of commanding any open unit or bureau under the LSPD (you may find these by visiting www.mtaroleplay.com/lspd). Your position will be given to you and you will be given an appropriate rank to match your previous, however you must conduct yourselfs in your position by doing the required amount of work to keep your unit/bureau functioning and continuously improving.

Supervisors
Every supervisor (Corporal to Staff Sergeant) will be given a standard Supervisor Test administered by the Central Patrol Bureau commanding officer. Upon results of your test, you may be given a supervisory position within the Los Santos Police Department as determined by Captain Sarah Bennett, our Central Patrol Bureau commander. Until such tests are given, everyone will be set to the corresponding rank of Police Officer Second Class (PO II).

Troopers
All patrol ranks, Trooper First Class to Third, will be set as Police Officer First Class (PO I) and given standard rights and duties inside the department. The LSPD, unlike the SPD, does not have a third patrol rank (PO III) but only two (PO I/PO II). You will be kept at this rank as your given one.

Cadets & Students
Both Cadets and Students will retain their current ranks.

Afterwards
Once the beginning ranks are finished, each and every transfer which decides to stay with us will be given a Personal Qualifications Essay (PQE) as well as the standard Student Examination Test (SET) to decide on further advancement or not. These will be given over the course of a two week period, and upon completion will be given their final results on a case-by-case basis instead of a mass-completion one. The sooner you do it the better for yourself.

Additional Information
This Friday, April 25th, we will hold an Emergency Department Meeting located at City Hall. This meeting will take place between the times of 4:00 and 8:00 (GMT -5). At this meeting, we will explain this plan in greater detail, welcome our new employees and brothers, as well as take questions/statements from anyone whom attends. This meeting is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended in order for you to feel the best you can and to fit in as best as possible. We want to make this transition as smooth as possible for you and ourselves.

All new employees must register at our website, www.mtaroleplay.com/lspd. We use our website to help organize our department, structure it securely, keep track of the administrative side and keep us as an effective department. Simply click register, use your In-Game name, and any password. Notify any High Command when you have done so, or PM myself on that forum and your rights will be set.

We welcome you to our home,
Los Santos Police Department,
Department of the High Command,
Office of the Chief of Police,
Chief of Police Beatty, Brian.

Last edited by a moderator:
sUp5rET.png