sUp5rET.png

This concerns me...

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Hi there, just wanted to show you this. I never took SS of it, sorry. But I do remember the exact number, so yeah.

Active Characters (Past Month): 1,895

Active Characters (Past Month): 1,375

The server playerbase is getting lower, I mean, 500+ characters less? I love this server so much, and this really means something to me. I don't want it to fall apart, get inactive, or something similar. I mean, I remember the first time I came here, it was like bunch of players everyday, and I really enjoyed it (Even SAN News were active those days). I just can't and won't let other servers, players that advertise or troll to ruin this server.

So, if you all understand me, and if you can, in ANY way, to bring some players on this server, to make this server a must-play for others, or participate in any way, do it. Do it while you can. Thanks. <3

Vanilla Bean

Every year around September you'll notice a drop in the player base, doesn't matter which server it is really. People are now going back to school, people are leaving for college/university, etc. It's nothing to worry about, there will soon be people coming to the server to fill in their places. But even then there's still a noticeable decrease in the player base, some of the past members simply moved on from roleplay I suppose.

Luka

Every year around September you'll notice a drop in the player base, doesn't matter which server it is really. People are now going back to school, people are leaving for college/university, etc. It's nothing to worry about, there will soon be people coming to the server to fill in their places. But even then there's still a noticeable decrease in the player base, some of the past members simply moved on from roleplay I suppose.

That better be so, because I don't want this to fall apart. Thanks! :p

Bunny

I agree with Vanila Bean, our player base will rise to what it was before maybe late October.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Its a cycle. As players actually age, they find more important things in life to do.
The younger groups of players go to school, the older groups go to work. Nobody can be A Roleplayer forever in MTA. I've had to step down several times over my career to handle life situations, and I'm sure There will be more in the future. But I've always, at some point, come back to hang around.

Deli

You also have people who lose interest in roleplaying like myself. I played over 1,500 hours on MTA:RP and got nowhere in reality.

Kf3CjEF.png

admbot

Maybe because you RP as gangster and not as legal char... to get rich I bought VIP and sold it for IG money :D

Vanilla Bean

Maybe because you RP as gangster and not as legal char... to get rich I bought VIP and sold it for IG money :D

... I have so much to say about this post right now, but I'll save because I know only mass bitching from other community members will come from it.

admbot

So, admbot, you're saying it's basically pay to win for you? ;)

Haha yea I expected such a response :D, what we are both saying is true anyways.
But it's the only way to get rich within like 1 year...
I also thought like "I will never donate" but because you can get rich and do other cool stuff.. well yea, it grants you all of these blessing if you.. PAY! Same applies to getting a faction, if you request one on forums, it's really so much pain in the ass to get it, and it takes up to max 10 weeks I believe, which is like... my entire lifetime. We also donated to get our faction, that goes instantly.
Don't think I encourage you to donate... I am IRL not a rich bitch, it's not like like I donate 100 dollars or something.

And Vanilla, you can say everything, but it won't change a thing ;) (Meaning, if you want the donator stuff to be changed, it prolly won't happen anyways, no offense!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Beatty

Donator
... I have so much to say about this post right now, but I'll save because I know only mass bitching from other community members will come from it.

We're slowly but surely fixing it ;)

Rome wasn't conquered in a day y'know.

Torecee

Well why dont you get involved in setting up stuff like SAN then to create some awesome RP?
All I see is most people hanging around at places oocly, and racing around with their overkill 50-power speedmods until they get cought by the police.

there are soooo many things that can be done, but it needs the current people to actually get their hands on stuff and start working

Luka

Well why dont you get involved in setting up stuff like SAN then to create some awesome RP?
All I see is most people hanging around at places oocly, and racing around with their overkill 50-power speedmods until they get cought by the police.

there are soooo many things that can be done, but it needs the current people to actually get their hands on stuff and start working

I would be happy to do it, since I have time and will for it. It's not the problem to set up SAN, the problem is to keep it up :) Don't see much people willing to support and be part of some new business, everyone wants to be a part of mafia or a cop. Server is turning more into Cops 'n' Robbers than the real roleplay. Here, make something new, I'll give you all the support I can and I'll help you to keep it up :D

I would be happy to do it, since I have time and will for it. It's not the problem to set up SAN, the problem is to keep it up :) Don't see much people willing to support and be part of some new business, everyone wants to be a part of mafia or a cop. Server is turning more into Cops 'n' Robbers than the real roleplay. Here, make something new, I'll give you all the support I can and I'll help you to keep it up :D

Lol, yr right, most players now pay to win (there should be a limit of how much money you can get from donations to one alt or reset overly rich people to balance economy) and just be a cop and/robber that doesnt require too much rp, just binds. I've only seen some cops and robbers who took the time to rp.

We need to have more people who actually rp (some PD, more LSES, some dealers, a gov't instead of using califonia's stuff and more advertising of this server (like on other forums, YouTube etc.)).

Luka

Lol, yr right, most players now pay to win (there should be a limit of how much money you can get from donations to one alt or reset overly rich people to balance economy) and just be a cop and/robber that doesnt require too much rp, just binds. I've only seen some cops and robbers who took the time to rp.

We need to have more people who actually rp (some PD, more LSES, some dealers, a gov't instead of using califonia's stuff and more advertising of this server (like on other forums, YouTube etc.)).

I totally agree with you. Look at these new guys, they come, like the server, and instantly donate $100-$250 dollars, they bitch around with the money, buy everything they can, have some fun, and later, when they get bored, they whine to Overload to refund their money. I'm not saying all players, but there is a certain group of them. :)

Kermit

Well, dis place can't even go past 30-35 players average. While in april, when I joined, it topped 80-100, keeping up with owl's competition.
Someone obviously lost.

Stick

SAN isn't going to make any difference if it's really being used or not. Making the server betters starts with yourself you need alot of time and be dedicated to something.

It's possible to create awesome RP aslong as you're 100% sure you will not drop interest and don't mind to fail sometimes.

People made bars, stripclubs.. SAN has been active for alot of times, PD has been active and the list goes on and on.

But suddenly people has lost their interest in their task and eventually it'll fall apart.

Playerbase is just a number because most of those people are away from you anyways and you might never see them.
If you gather up 5 friends or more you can have alot of fun specially on the illegal side however people like to shoot with their guns
instead of having some awesome RP..

Because what's more fun, provoking cops or playing basketball and get high?

sUp5rET.png