Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ x ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
There's currently a script which makes it so the SWAT skin can only die by a headshot. Anyone who has any amount of common sense should be able to realize that this is frankly unrealistic, especially when under fire by weapons such as an AK or M4.

Advantages/Benefits

- Realism

Disadvantages
If any

- None.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ x] No, it requires removal of an existing one.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Remove the function or script that causes this to happen.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Might make illegal roleplay a bit more prominent, but all-in-all this is a roleplay server, so to have such a NonRP feature is just redundant.

Additional information:
N/A

Atmas25

Donator
Donator
-1, the reason is that we all asked for it. The thing is that not every situation must be considered SWAT situation and get SWAT deployed. That's abusing of this non-dieing feature. So to be a better suggestion is to not allow pds to get onto SWAT duty in every situation.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Realism should not be lost just because numbers are unfair.
Right now a SWAT skin can take 1000000 rounds from any gun and will take 0 damage as long as you don't hit him in the head. This is a roleplay server, not an RPG or cops n' robbers (and even on those servers such features do not exist unless there is someone hacking).
Can't say it gives police a chance when SWAT officers have tactics and marksmanship training for a reason. A godmode cheat shouldn't be needed.

I would also like to add that when SWAT is deployed, it's usually a very serious roleplay situation. How is the roleplay supposed to be kept realistic when an officer can easily take 50 rounds to his torso and turn around and shoot you? It's literally powergame.

"12. Do not Powergame. Give the players some time to react in roleplay, If you fail to give others time to react and act like superman or act unrealisticly and just play to win, you will be punished. Give everybody a chance!"

edit: I do agree that SWAT is rarely deployed so it's not like it's going to make a huge difference, but in such serious roleplays (CK) everyone should have a fair chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Realism should not be lost just because numbers are unfair.
Right now a SWAT skin can take 1000000 rounds from any gun and will take 0 damage as long as you don't hit him in the head. This is a roleplay server, not an RPG or cops n' robbers (and even on those servers such features do not exist unless there is someone hacking).
Can't say it gives police a chance when SWAT officers have tactics and marksmanship training for a reason. A godmode cheat shouldn't be needed.

I would also like to add that when SWAT is deployed, it's usually a very serious roleplay situation. How is the roleplay supposed to be kept realistic when an officer can easily take 50 rounds to his torso and turn around and shoot you? It's literally powergame.

"12. Do not Powergame. Give the players some time to react in roleplay, If you fail to give others time to react and act like superman or act unrealisticly and just play to win, you will be punished. Give everybody a chance!"

edit: I do agree that SWAT is rarely deployed so it's not like it's going to make a huge difference, but in such serious roleplays (CK) everyone should have a fair chance.

I actually agree with Majachie on this one, we actively use a script that's against our own rules. However, due to the server mostly being cops'n'robbers style, I suggest the script gets re-made, if possible, in a way that instead of the SWAT skin taking 0 damage when shot, it only reduces the amount of damage taken. For example, one M4 shot into a non-armored torso takes 30 HP, but with SWAT skin you'd take 15-20 HP. If this isn't possible script-wise (should be though), then I'd say we stick with what we have now, considering most illegals only want those kinda situations.

Majachie4

Donator
I actually agree with Majachie on this one, we actively use a script that's against our own rules. However, due to the server mostly being cops'n'robbers style, I suggest the script gets re-made, if possible, in a way that instead of the SWAT skin taking 0 damage when shot, it only reduces the amount of damage taken. For example, one M4 shot into a non-armored torso takes 30 HP, but with SWAT skin you'd take 15-20 HP. If this isn't possible script-wise (should be though), then I'd say we stick with what we have now, considering most illegals only want those kinda situations.

Thank you for understanding my take on the situation.
If you ask me, your suggestion would be better than removing it. Either way though, I still think arms and legs should take full damage. They aren't a bomb squad in full FLAK gear, they have a plate carrier which realistically wouldn't prevent much more damage than the CPU unit's kevlar vest.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
Your suggestion is only shedding light on how bad the MTA damage system is. I agree with luka's suggestion, just to allow the skin to reduce damage.

Majachie4

Donator
Your suggestion is only shedding light on how bad the MTA damage system is. I agree with luka's suggestion, just to allow the skin to reduce damage.

The MTA damage system? The "Majachie's left leg was hit" system is server sided, not MTA-wide.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
The MTA damage system? The "Majachie's left leg was hit" system is server sided, not MTA-wide.

He was probably referring to MTA:RP's system, which does blow tbh. However, this is a not a small step to take, scripting it is easier than actually deciding how will it work. A bigger internal discussion should be done for such change.

sUp5rET.png