<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
Right now there's no way for PD to trace a shooting. I suggest that shell casing be dropped below a player as an IG item with the serial number of the gun it's fired from as the casing's description. Import an actual shell casing model into the game so they are hard to be located.

Advantages/Benefits
This will allow for PD to properly investigate shootings. And leaves some risk for those who get in gunfights or murder people.

Disadvantages
If any
None.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[x] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
Implement

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
Brings a risk factor to shootings, more RP for PD.

Additional information:
-

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
They can just pick it up and leave with it, and you start from the beggining again. I see ur point, but I dont think its gonna work.

Neutral

Kodiak

They can just pick it up and leave with it, and you start from the beggining again. I see ur point, but I dont think its gonna work.

Neutral

That's a good thing, it will help them stay around longer to collect evidence to give us time to respond.

Leafyishere

Chief Of Police
+1 Will help detectives as even thought they can pick them up does not mean they always will. Also give police more RP as they can tell what gun it came from as well.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
The serial of the gun is extreme.. that ain’t how it works in rl

notSyn

The serial of the gun is extreme.. that ain’t how it works in rl

yup, this would be unrealistic. the max info the shells should have if added is what caliber they are and if they were fired within the last few minutes because they would still be somewhat warm.

otherwise, +1

Kodiak

yup, this would be unrealistic. the max info the shells should have if added is what caliber they are and if they were fired within the last few minutes because they would still be somewhat warm.

otherwise, +1

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/15/magazine/the-year-in-ideas-traceable-bullets.html

Whenever a gun is fired, a unique set of microscopic markings are left on the bullets as they travel through the barrel. Bullet casings are similarly marked by the gun's ''ejecton port.''

masterchief

Not even in the nearest extreme, please read this, and come back with a decision.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/15/magazine/the-year-in-ideas-traceable-bullets.html

the bullet stamping technology is not even real, it was a idea that originally started in California to prevent new models of handguns from entering the market in their state because that was the closest thing they could do to a all out ban due to manufacturers not being able to implement such a technology accurately, reliably, or effectively if at all. the technology is only a idea on paper and will probably only be a idea on paper, sorry to burst your bubble

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Yeah its not a thing IRL. The only way for the police to determine if a bullet was fired from a gun is to seize that gun, fire it, and compare the lead from both to see if they are similar shaped, etc. Its some forensics shit lol.
I like the idea of shell casings, but Serial number isn't realistic. At the end of the day the idea is to help PD, but without the serial its just a novelty item, Which seems like a lot of work for little reward. Good idea tho, I like that you're thinking outside the box.

notSyn

Yeah its not a thing IRL. The only way for the police to determine if a bullet was fired from a gun is to seize that gun, fire it, and compare the lead from both to see if they are similar shaped, etc. Its some forensics shit lol.
I like the idea of shell casings, but Serial number isn't realistic.

yup. shell casings is a great idea (unless it ends up causing lag) but my previous statement stands true, the max info shells should have is caliber and if they were fired within a few minutes, then this would be a great addition to immersion. since it's not very useful to track down a specific individual, police could still use it to find out if a shooting did happen and exactly where. (if they don't get picked up, which in most cases IRL they don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png