Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-Well, There's a new Faction, STORMEX Construction, We don't have a hotline yet but yeah, We could RP mapping, So I was thinking, better than just randomly removing and adding objects, Let us Roleplay it first, With the OOC Supervision of morgfarm1

Advantages/Benefits
- More Roleplay.
- Would also be a way of ICly Rejecting/Accepting the Construction (with OOC permission from morgfarm1)
Disadvantages
If any
-Might take time adding the maps.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[X] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- This would add more Roleplay to the server.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- More RP.

Additional information:
- We also add Fences and other objects, We get paid in IC money, Server get's paid in VIP.
- Also, When we're done RPing Construction, He shouldn't pay for the Interior, It should be Sold to him as he owns the property, We get paid his interior price.

Driga

<b><span style="color:#C41414;"t>Veteran</b><br />
Donator
It would bring more RP to the server and huge buildings wouldn't get removed instantly or a house made in 2 seconds. Even after the builders would finish the roleplay, the area could be blocked off and construction vehicles placed there and maybe a few builder NPCs spawned - it would take more time for mapping to be implemented, the same as IRL building takes time. +1

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend
+1

We've had this before, and it does indeed bring a lot of roleplay, however, it's hard finding people who actually want to roleplay it.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Kdog thinks...... Kdog thinks more..... And even more................... Kdog decides... Nah, would take a year to have a garbage can removed.. -1

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
My other post bugged up to edit, anyways, what bugs me is that you have to pay the 100 VIP AND wait a long ass time for them to add it.. And also will probably have to pay them IC cash aswell.... So -1000000

admbot

I thought about that IC cash as well, it means we would be paying double (VIP and IG money) and even have to wait a long time for them to build it. -1

Ain't 150 VIP per object expensive enough...?

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
What you don't understand is:-
#1. Just because we Roleplay mapping does NOT mean we're taking a month or two, We RP Time passing, It would take A day or 2...
#2. Just because your paying IG Money and VIP does NOT mean you're gonna pay extra, because mainly, You have to pay for the interiors when you've finished your mapping, If you let us roleplay the map then an admin can set the interior to be owned by you, Therefor, We only take the price of the interior.
#3. It wont take a YEAR to remove a Garbage can, We Roleplay Time Passing By!!!!!
#4. This is a Roleplay server!, The faction ALREADY exists, What's missing is the actual roleplay to the mapping, If you wanted the roleplay part of this suggestion, You'd all +1.

Please read carefully and rethink your opinions in this suggestion.

+ We're an active faction, When you've requested mapping and it's accepted all you gotta do is call STORMEX Hotline, We have 14-15 Members, And I'm online everyday.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
So, Here's the deal

As the Head of Mapping, I like the idea. HOWEVER. My thought is this:

Build the map first... Submit it for approval through myself or Beatty, and if it's approved, start the construction. EG, I'm the branch of the Government that issues building permits if you wanted to be IC about it. After a day or two, and the person paying has the VIP, I'll add the map. AFTER THAT, say the next day, I or Beatty will install the interiors with what we think is right for the interior with appropriate pricing for Not only the exterior, for the interior AND The area as well. places such as Richman and places outside of Los Santos' mainland will be higher than say Jefferson or Idlewood.

Beatty and Overload, Even Driga, Ya'll's thoughts.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
EG, I'm the branch of the Government that issues building permits if you wanted to be IC about it. After a day or two, and the person paying has the VIP, I'll add the map. AFTER THAT, say the next day, I or Beatty will install the interiors with what we think is right for the interior with appropriate pricing for Not only the exterior, for the interior AND The area as well. places such as Richman and places outside of Los Santos' mainland will be higher than say Jefferson or Idlewood.

Beatty and Overload, Even Driga, Ya'll's thoughts.

Let's try and make the approval of the mappings IC.

**Player sends the request to the branch of the Government that issue building permits*
**He calls us afterwards IF approved*
**We move our equipment in exactly less than 10 minutes*
**Our roleplay might take 1-3 Hours*

That's how it should go.

PS: Why doesn't a Lead/Head admin join the Faction annnd roleplay with us?

Note: We also add fences, So, Lead admins can tell players to call us, OR, If all of us are offline, They could just make alts and join, Doesn't have to be active, Like FRT or somethin'.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
The time you're complaining about, it's us admins having to check your map. We cannot simply add it in and have you go at it. It's not that easy, for all we know you embedded something in the mapping file or removed a random building over in San Fierro trying to be tricky. You guys know, as well as we do, that if we didn't check each and every map that bad stuff would get added and the server would quickly go down the drain as we attempt to find which map did what.

Fusionz recently redid the Mapping file system so as to make it much easier for us to not only find, but also place and implement maps. This doens't mean it will be quicker, we still have two or three map requests a day, but it will allow the checking and time we have to put in less and ultimately should make the process better.

What this suggestion is asking however is that the time between you submitting and us implementing, that they can be notified and construct the map ICly. This is a Roleplay server, right? Right? Right...? Most of you would disagree based on your ideas, but unfortunately for you it is, in fact, a Roleplay server. This requires no further discussion, everyone who has disagreed has either disagreed with reasoning not even related to the subject or refuse to read posts and to understand the concept.

Either way, this is being done. I'll let Morgfarm handle the details and I'll have FRT help out inside the faction.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I'll add to That, Beatty.

it is a known fact that Government agencies take time to review and issue building permits.
See it this way

Building the map = Blueprint
Creating ticket = Submission to Government for approval
Time it takes to review and approve = Same thing
Time AFTER Approval for RP = Framing & general contracting, finalizing
Adding the map = Fully built.

The whole process for a well-built map would take an estimated 3-4 business days.
Longer if you don't follow the procedure of mapping submissions properly. or if the mapping fails to meet standards. I have become picky, so Don't think you can build a random mansion off the coast line and be moved in in a week. I'll probably deny it if I don't like it OR its placement. I've added details about that to my signature LONG ago.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Thanks to our mapping team:

Morgfarm1 - Team Leader/Head of Mapping/Mapping Installer
Beatty- Team Co-Leader/Mapping Installer

We will be having a new system that adds Objects/items from GTA:SA into MTA:RP, Items such as Construction Equipment (Cranes, Stone, Cement, etc....)
This will enhance our Roleplay experience in the server, And If you want to book in a Construction ICly, C/S 400090 (till we get a Hotline).

sUp5rET.png