Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ X ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- My suggestion is to simply rename the radio for "Department" to "Interops"

Advantages/Benefits
- One thing that has bugged me for a while is that the "department" radio makes me think it should be something for a specific department only. We all know in real life different government agencies do sometimes need a shared radio channel when working of different situations, especially during disasters. But they would never call it a department radio. They would call it an "Interoperability" radio, or "Interops" for short. This would simply make it less confusing, and would make much more sense. We could still keep the /d command to avoid having to learn new keys, but just change the text to "Interops"

Disadvantages
If any
None whatsoever

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ X ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- With this suggestion

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Be more realistic, make more sense, and be less confusing

Additional information:
- Interops definition from the RadioReference wiki : Interop – Interoperability communications, cross-agency communications, mutual aid, etc

A short example of how the talkgroups look on a real public safety radio system (source: London Public Safety http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6845) Click on the image to make it bigger

interops example.JPG

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ X ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- My suggestion is to simply rename the radio for "Department" to "Interops"

Advantages/Benefits
- One thing that has bugged me for a while is that the "department" radio makes me think it should be something for a specific department only. We all know in real life different government agencies do sometimes need a shared radio channel when working of different situations, especially during disasters. But they would never call it a department radio. They would call it an "Interoperability" radio, or "Interops" for short. This would simply make it less confusing, and would make much more sense. We could still keep the /d command to avoid having to learn new keys, but just change the text to "Interops"

Disadvantages
If any
None whatsoever

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ X ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- With this suggestion

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Be more realistic, make more sense, and be less confusing

Additional information:
- Interops definition from the RadioReference wiki : Interop – Interoperability communications, cross-agency communications, mutual aid, etc

A short example of how the talkgroups look on a real public safety radio system (source: London Public Safety http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6845) Click on the image to make it bigger

View attachment 3666

Or

"Government Radio"

jameshargus

Los Santos Police Department
-1 Don't like interops no need to change the name and make everyone become un-familiar with it

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
Nah, from my expirience I never seen anyone being confused on the department radio, -1

greenops011

Donator
Donator
I don't know why everone is opposed to it. It would literally be the exact same command, just a different text before the message. I mean for petes sake, if it aint a frequency at the start, we all know its for the various agencies. and the reason I say not to make it say "Governmet" is because HEX isn't technically government, but they still use /d So having it say "Interops" would be way more realistic. And again. NO CHANGES TO THE COMMAND, just the text at the start of the message

sUp5rET.png