sUp5rET.png

Suggestion - Hunger, Thirst and Exhaustion.

Tony179

Donator
Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- Add a "timer" for Hunger and thirst which would make you have to eat every couple of hours.
Also, add a unit for every meal available in game so that it fills the timer by a specific amount so that nobody could eat 10 hershey's kisses and be done with the bar..
In addition, add a timer for exhaustion so that if you keep physically working your alt out it would start to demand sleep or such (I don't really have a system but the stamina system doesn't really promote realism and doesn't sum up the whole exhaustion thing.
+ add a health system where if the bar is full and you still eat another bar fills (fat) which deteriorates stamina and other physical demanding stuff and gradually increase value of weight. The bar only declines if the player lessens food consumption to a specific rate and exercises.
Finally, I'd like to suggest the minecraft like machine which would allow making complex materials, food and such from simpler ones.

Advantages/Benefits
-Realism improved
-Food will be needed and not a thing to just rp with
-Restaurants and cafes will now actually have a purpose instead of hoarding mafias and meetings.
-Realism improved, I did mention that..
-Economy will improve as you won't just get profits out of whatever income you get as you'll probably have to spend half of it on food(sad thing but realistic)
-Realism improved
-Superman actions and roleplays will decrease
-People can get fat!
-More exercises!
-REALISM IMPROVED YOU BLOODY BASTARDS
Disadvantages
If any
-People will get fat, which will depress them.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- If you want a quick solution you can add the dayz hunger and thirst script as a start and add tweaks as much as you want.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- REALISM GODDAMN IMPROVED

Additional information:
-

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
I don't think people have the time to keep up with this.

This will prove to be an issue when a PD sit full of whining people takes 2 extra hours to finish, the cops can't just go eat some pancakes during it. Sure, it's realism, but I don't think this would be a good addition. This just seems very tedious, and it's hard to make it so good that there's no issues with it. Making all of this automated takes too much time and effort, let alone making it actually work properly.

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
+1, would be beneficial, and a necessary for a working economy. Close to 10% of income is spent on food.

Obviously make it realistic, three meals a day if you played 24 hours, meaning you need to eat every eight hours.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
All of our characters would die if this was implemented, seriously. This isn't real-life, nobody plays 24 hours a day everyday.

Wuppix

not EU
-1, because its just going to evolve into a problem with PD chases, no one has time to go eat a pizza real quick because they know they're about to get chased, its also unrealistic because no matter how hard anyone tries to script it, it won't be close to real life at all, and it won't improve realism since each person has different body weight, height, age, and genetics play a big factor in such thing so it just makes it more unrealistic that everyone gains 10 pounds by eating the same thing no matter what.

Tony179

Donator
Donator
Are you guys serious? The hunger and thirst bars would take hours to decline.. I'd say it would say it would take 6 hours before you get the full bar empty.. I don''t think a pd sit would take 6 hours.. and if it took so much you could always eat.. like in real life?

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
We're trying to get the most out of MTARP, in a way that'll be interesting for everyone. This is the opposite, a complete fun-killer.

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
The hunger and thirst system was suggested couple of times. Never worked. No one has time to eat something in the middle of anything or some people dont even want to do that. Sorry Toni maybe r my best bud. But -1

sUp5rET.png