sUp5rET.png

Suggestion - Aircrafts Should be faster, way faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[X] Other: Speed of Aircrafts

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
I've noticed that most planes don't fly as fast as their classes should. Such as the Police Maverick/Maverick only fly at about max 140km/h? The dodo maxes out at 120km/h, even though similar single prop airplanes that is quite popular such as the Cessna 172 CRUISES at about 230km/h (max probably 300km/h). If you can implement the change of the handling script/top speed, you can fix this problem easily for all aircrafts. All the aircrafts should be at least faster than modded v16 land vehicles.

Advantages/Benefits
- More Realistic Speeds.
- Larger landing runway required, not this bullshit 10m landing average for each plane.
- Faster distance coverage.

Disadvantages
My require some handling script changes.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[X] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
Check out this link, it explains how to change the topspeed/handling of the aircrafts. http://menacesblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/tutorial-increasing-aircraft-speed-in.html

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
Check benefits.

Additional information:
N.A

notSyn

I think this is a good idea. Planes don't need to be sped up to the point where it's hard to slow down from a reasonable distance, but I think upping the speed could be highly beneficial to anyone wanting to use aircrafts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Looked in to it and I didn’t immediately find any way to speed them up reasonably. You start messing with the handling to make it faster and then you can’t land. (Extremely hard)
perhaps you need to buy a faster plane lol. Dodo is slow as poop

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Nah. They should reflect on their nearest IRL Classes. Basic stuff man.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
I would say the reason the air vehicles are limited (including helis) is to fit the scale of the state in-game to that of an actual state. Besides, Ello just told you it's very hard to do this script-wise and you shrugged him off with something else to say (suprise suprise).

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Looked in to it and I didn’t immediately find any way to speed them up reasonably. You start messing with the handling to make it faster and then you can’t land. (Extremely hard)
perhaps you need to buy a faster plane lol. Dodo is slow as poop

That's the solution! It should be extremely hard to land aircrafts xD Its a bit bs that you can land a private jet on a 50m stretch, it should be closer to a kilometer/mile. And it's being kinda abused. This is after all an RP server, it should be as realistic as possible.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
I would say the reason the air vehicles are limited (including helis) is to fit the scale of the state in-game to that of an actual state. Besides, Ello just told you it's very hard to do this script-wise and you shrugged him off with something else to say (suprise suprise).

So basically. The speed of aircrafts are not km/h but SanAndreas/hour? Sad.

I'm sure if you spend more time tweaking around with their handling you will get better results. And if its extremely hard to land, fucking great.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
So basically. The speed of aircrafts are not km/h but SanAndreas/hour? Sad.

I'm sure if you spend more time tweaking around with their handling you will get better results. And if its extremely hard to land, fucking great.
If only you were aware of what went into it lol

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I strongly agree with your opinion Buddy, flying airplanes in GTA:SA is not even close to flying airplanes in real life. Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to change that since all of it is hardcoded into the actual GTA:SA game, and we on MTA cannot affect player's game installation (btw the link you posted is for the actual singleplayer game GTA:SA, not multiplayer MTA:SA).

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
+1 on this. Planes shouldn't be so simple to fly in the first place. I actually prefer to take one of my cars, even stock cars if I am travelling across the state because it is so much faster. And Luka, it's nice to see you again, it's been a long time! But why would that be impossible to change? We are able to change the handling and speed of cars in game, and some servers even have full vehicle handling editors to tweak pretty much everything you could ever want to. I played around with this many times, and managed to make an ice cream truck drift missile, and a lawnmower that could do wheelies :p . Although I have never thought about editing plane handling, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
+1 on this. Planes shouldn't be so simple to fly in the first place. I actually prefer to take one of my cars, even stock cars if I am travelling across the state because it is so much faster. And Luka, it's nice to see you again, it's been a long time! But why would that be impossible to change? We are able to change the handling and speed of cars in game, and some servers even have full vehicle handling editors to tweak pretty much everything you could ever want to. I played around with this many times, and managed to make an ice cream truck drift missile, and a lawnmower that could do wheelies :p . Although I have never thought about editing plane handling, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Hi. It's because vehicles on ground and vehicles in air are being handled differently. Long story short, try editing anything on an airplane via that handling editor you're talking about and you'll see what I mean.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
This has been tried multiple times in the past and it will not work. Sadly it is kind of "impossible". They stay as they are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png