New Suggestion/Idea

Aircraft Rentals

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- Adding a car shop inside the gates of LSIA that only spawns pre-approved aircraft. As it is inside the gates, only players with a valid pilots license would be able to access it.

Advantages/Benefits
As some of the aircraft (ah who are we kidding, all of them) are quite expensive, it would be nice for players to be able to rent them. In this way we might be able to ressurect the LSIA faction, as there would be a need for Airport Security, airport emergency services, Air Traffic Control, aircraft mechanics, and probably a bunch of other things

Disadvantages
If any
There is a possibility of players trolling with the aircraft, but that could be dealt with the same way trolling with other vehicles is dealt with

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.
[ X ] I'm honestly not sure

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- First off making this suggestion. It would need to be discussed among the administration team, and then if scripting is needed, the devs would have to get to work

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- More RP for LSIA, could RP plane crashes, could make a airplane ferrying job (delivering aircraft to their new owners/renters), and airplane cargo transport job, and in general give more roleplay opportunities

Additional information:
- I know there are going to have to be some restrictions, for instance requiring players to take a flight test (not sure if this is already in place or not), and it should be required you have to have a certain amount of hours on that character before you can rent, or something of that nature

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
+1 This is a good idea, but I've never seen a PLANE rental. I've seen HELI rentals tho, but nothing like the maverick. Realistically this would only be available for smaller helicopters, like the sparrow. There could be a sparrow rental place or something, but either way +1. Awesome idea

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Maybe you could have a skydiving thing within the LSIA faction

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
You don't need a script for this. Simply make the client sign a document for the rental and that he/she is responsible for the damages and if they can't afford to pay you, you can repo their properties/vehicles of equal and less value as collateral and if they don't have anything of value or cash to cover possible damage then don't rent the vehicle to them.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
You don't need a script for this. Simply make the client sign a document for the rental and that he/she is responsible for the damages and if they can't afford to pay you, you can repo their properties/vehicles of equal and less value as collateral and if they don't have anything of value or cash to cover possible damage then don't rent the vehicle to them.

I think he's talking about having a "shop" similar to the car and motorcycle shops that allow you to rent the vehicles, only excluding the ability to purchase them.

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
+1 as long as using the aircraft in a crime is strictly forbidden OOC. Reason being is someone could get in a chase with PD and drive to an aircraft shop, and just rent a plane and dip.

sUp5rET.png