sUp5rET.png

[Suggestion] add the ability for emergency strobes to still be on after locking vehicles

greenops011

Donator
Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- As everyone in a government faction should be aware of, we are required to turn off the engine and lock the door when we are not in the vehicle. However, if when we exit the vehicle we want the strobes to continue to operate, we can't lock the door. As soon as the doors lock, it goes through the cycle of flashing the lights, and then the strobes get turned off. My idea is, is if the light flashing aspect of the locking system is the reason for this, just disable that feature on government vehicles, but leave everything as is. This way if we are on the scene of an incident, we still have the protection of enhanced visibility from the strobes, and people can't just steal the vehicle

Advantages/Benefits
- Emergency personnel (SAES and PD included) would retain their enhanced visibility while on scene, with ensureing their vehicles are secured

Disadvantages
If any
- None that I can think of

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.
[X] I'm not sure

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Making this suggestion

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Greater safety for emergency services while at scenes

Additional information:
-

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Turn off the car, you don't need to lock it. People can't/aren't allowed to Hotwire government vehicles, script wise and rule wise.
Neutral

greenops011

Donator
Donator
as stated in the first post, WE ARE REQUIRED BY POLICY, to lock our vehicles when not inside them. Am I really the only one who actually follows that rule?

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
as stated in the first post, WE ARE REQUIRED BY POLICY, to lock our vehicles when not inside them. Am I really the only one who actually follows that rule?

Pretty much m8. The last SAES Commissioner told me that he dosen't even follow rules what he made, so neutural

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Pretty much m8. The last SAES Commissioner told me that he dosen't even follow rules what he made, so neutural
The current commissioner seems to be a great leader and all but needs to learn that his position does not give him a free pass to break the rules, internal or server-wide

Turn off the car, you don't need to lock it. People can't/aren't allowed to Hotwire government vehicles, script wise and rule wise.
Neutral
This.
+ I think the fact that the strobes shut off when a vehicle locks has to do with how the vehicle system handles the vehicle inventory.

sUp5rET.png