sUp5rET.png

[Suggestion] Ability to interact with corpse after PK (player kill).

Vercetti

I hate repeating myself but there's no flaw in this: Player gets death-matched => Player makes ticket / report => admin searches logs => admin jails rule-breaker => admin refunds items.

Examples of role-play situations which require this suggestion to be implemented in order to promotes realism:
  • If someone robs you, you can't get your items back even if you kill him, the robber will keep the items he stole even tho he died.
  • If someone films you killing someone and going to PD to show the tape, you'll be convicted with murder ( CK for lifetime in jail if arrested. )
    When you kill him you can't recover the camera, he keeps it and you may spend a lifetime in jail.
  • Someone steals your car keys and runs away, you kill him, he's dead but you can't get your key back... robber keeps it, bye bye car keys.
I can go on with examples.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
I hate repeating myself but there's no flaw in this: Player gets death-matched => Player makes ticket / report => admin searches logs => admin jails rule-breaker => admin refunds items.

Examples of role-play situations which require this suggestion to be implemented in order to promotes realism:
  • If someone robs you, you can't get your items back even if you kill him, the robber will keep the items he stole even tho he died.
  • If someone films you killing someone and going to PD to show the tape, you'll be convicted with murder ( CK for lifetime in jail if arrested. )
    When you kill him you can't recover the camera, he keeps it and you may spend a lifetime in jail.
  • Someone steals your car keys and runs away, you kill him, he's dead but you can't get your key back... robber keeps it, bye bye car keys.
I can go on with examples.

The fact you cant take the camera is really unrealistic. There are major flaws in this

Player gets death-matched => Player makes ticket / report => **Admin takes 1-4 Days to respond* admin searches logs => admin jails rule-breaker => **You wait a week for a available lead+ ** admin refunds items.

The fact that you can die pretty easily from OOC things like bugs, it's going to be very annoying to make and or respond to 5+ tickets daily. You can't take vehicle keys without OOC permission anyway, so you'd have to appeal that rule if you wanted to take the keys. There's no need to steal things off a corpse. When you commit a murder, you wanna get away from the scene ASAP, not go and take the weapons/drugs off the victim and wait for the cops to show up. Perhaps if you're PKing someone in a secluded area, like in the sewers or inside a basement, sure because then you may not get caught. The flaws in this are:

1) People die from OOC things all the die, as a admin I see atleast 3 notifications every 10 minutes about people dying from non-ic situations.
2) Tickets take a while to respond to, if we have it so that people need to keep making refund requests, our lead+ admins will be more occupied with ticket center rather then doing productive things.
3) People who want to rob others, will simply go on DM sprees and loot corpses instead of roleplaying a robbery.

The ability to take the items off a corpse will cause more harm then RP experience, roleplaying isn't about items. I think some people will agree that this will happen if you can loot corpses. The only part I like about this suggestion, is that there will be a actual corpse, instead of it just disappearing, if we can have the feature of having corpses remain in their death spot like CK'd corpses then that would be cool.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
-1 on this for PK, but what about CK? If a CKd body is there you should be able to search it instead of inventory items being there for ever.

Vercetti

+1​
-1​
Mr.Bilbo, AaronM.​
Wuppix, DrJoseEvil, Eclipse, GamingBox, Import, tbagg1597.​
Total= 2
Total= 6

Beatty

Donator
I would only suggest this if severe limitations were put in place. Faction /duty items, certain weapons/items/skins, etc.

Highly abusable, you think we have a first resort problem now? Just wait. People will literally kill you simply to 'loot' your body and say it was for something entirely different, 'he hit my car'.

As far as a more detailed PlayerKill system, I do highly agree. The downsides of this do include accidentally deaths, but such incidents would become surprisingly rare once people realize simply 'dying' has more negative affects.

Possibly some type of system which leaves your body there until an admin allows you to respawn, sort of like a ForceApp pop-up is. I would also support some type of 'no playing' functionality for x amount of time, to simulate 'missing' or 'hospital' status for a bit.

Looting is a no regardless. For CK's, sure.

JoeJoeJoe

King of Joe's
I have a good way this could be scripted. It could be made so when onPlayerWasted it runs an event that creates a ped doing the laydown animation in the local x,y,z of the dead player, then make it so you can do /nearbypks and it brings up all the nearby corpses that were PK's. Storage of the dead bodys skins/location/animation can be stored in an SQL table.

Luka

I have a good way this could be scripted. It could be made so when onPlayerWasted it runs an event that creates a ped doing the laydown animation in the local x,y,z of the dead player, then make it so you can do /nearbypks and it brings up all the nearby corpses that were PK's. Storage of the dead bodys skins/location/animation can be stored in an SQL table.

I'd prefer storing it in peds data.

-1, Beatty explained it well

Vercetti

+1​
-1​
Mr.Bilbo, AaronM.​
Wuppix, DrJoseEvil, Eclipse, GamingBox, Import, tbagg1597, Beatty, Luka.​
Total= 2
Total= 8

I think this should be denied and archived.

sUp5rET.png