sUp5rET.png

Some Cars were Deleted - How to get a Refund?

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
icon_01.png

Hello,
A script that we were making Yesterday was left Unfinished because of RL, and left off (so that there would be no issues with it doing anything). However, This morning Stick was not aware that it was SUPPOSE to be off, So he started it. This caused the script to delete almost every Modded vehicle in the server. (The script was going to delete inactive players modded vehicles)

The following vehicles were mostly if not completely wiped.
  • Ford F150 (Moonbeam) - All were deleted
  • Dodge Charger (Emporer) - Some were deleted, not all
  • Ford Mustang (Hotring 3) - 100 of 250 were deleted.
  • Ferarri (Hotring) - All were deleted
  • Ford Explorer (Huntley) - All were deleted.

You're thinking this is an easy fix with just a database rollback right? Not quite.. Anything that may have happened since our last backup (a few days ago) would not be saved. This includes the addition of our new Ferarri and however many we already sold. This backup could also bring back vehicles (even non donator vehicles) or take some away from people who have already bought them before.

We aren't going to leave our players out in the dark on this, it was our fault for leaving an unfinished script laying around for stick to play with (lol)

In order to obtain a refund, We will however need to PROVE you had one of the vehicles.

You will need to make a ticket on our Ticket Center, and provide us with one of the following pieces of proof. Unfortunately we have to restrict this proof, to 1 week. Because we cannot give people cars back that they may have sold months ago.. Because of this your proof MUST be time stamped.

Possible forms of proof:
  • Pictures of your Keys, prior to the removal. (Key ID's will not work, it must also say the type of car)
  • Logs (No earlier than 7/27/13) of you Locking, Or Unlocking your vehicle (This WILL be checked server side, so do not even think about spoofing logs, We will ban permanently for anyone caught trying to fake a log)
  • Logs (No earlier than 7/27/13) of you BUYING the vehicle from our F7 menu. Or of another player /sell ing you the vehicle.
  • Any other form of Dated proof (dated no earlier than 7/27/13) proving that you had one, or more of the vehicle in question.
  • Admins will NOT be able to vouch for you on if you had it or not, Due to the number of cars deleted.

As of now, We are estimating the vehicles deleted to be between 200-300. This is not something that will be fixed overnight, and will require some help from our players as well as patients. We appreciate your patients in advanced.

We will aim to answer your tickets as fast as possible, However please remember that you MUST provide some sort of proof, otherwise we will not be able to help you..
To access your logs use one of the following paths:
64 Bit Users: C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\mods\deathmatch\resources\MTARP-logs\logs
32 Bit Users: C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas 1.3\mods\deathmatch\resources\MTARP-logs\logs
SSD Users: D:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\mods\deathmatch\resources\MTARP-logs\logs

Those logs are provided automatically, and you do not need to do anything to enable them. They will be your best source of proof. You may simply copy and paste the logs straight to your ticket on the ticket center, Or upload the entire log file to a popular file sharing website for us to download.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, And we will work as fast as possible to refund those vehicles.

Thanks
Overload

MichaelNL

Donator
Donator
This is kind off bullshit.. I had 3 car's all V12ed. (Which i donated for) But the logs are older than a week old. So i can't get the V12's back.. I donated for them..

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
It's just a car..

Why'd you need 3 anyways? But anyhow..

If you can provide me some kind of evidence, or something that i might be able to find in logs then i can add it for you.

We know it's annoying but at this point, everyone could say they own shit. With cars it's NP we can check that, but not with V12.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
stop qqing over 3 vehicles. I had 7 V12 Chargers and 4 V12 F150s, all of which were deleted. idc, no more 20k vehicle tax

Fallen

Donator
Donator
stop qqing over 3 vehicles. I had 7 V12 Chargers and 4 V12 F150s, all of which were deleted. idc, no more 20k vehicle tax

He is "QQing" because he DONATED for the VIP Hours to get those V12s. If he can't get those back, then he not only lost those, but he also lost the VIP Hours towards the V12s (in this case, it would have been 360 Hours which equates to $3.60). $3.60 might not look much, but it all adds up.

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
To prove it was speedmodded it would be great if;

You remember which admin modded it,
if you know around which time it was.
It must be in this year.

Then just make a ticket and provide us with anything you can.

Once again we're sorry for this, but we can't give people stuf back without logs.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
This is kind off bullshit.. I had 3 car's all V12ed. (Which i donated for) But the logs are older than a week old. So i can't get the V12's back.. I donated for them..

You didnt have to BUY it in the past week, You just had to unlock it..

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Hey @Overload When will i get a reply with my ticket

Me and stick are working hard on checking logs and doing the tickets in the order they are sent in. We've gotten quite a few already, And each one we have to make sure its legitimate :p.

So, Soon? haha

AndreC

Yall need to keep backups of your backups so you can restore a backup when you fuck up a backup. You backup?

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Yall need to keep backups of your backups so you can restore a backup when you fuck up a backup. You backup?

We have plenty of backups, But you must understand the thousands of changes happening per minuet on the server, its impossible to have up to the second backups. We wouldn't have enough Hard Drive space if we even attempted it lol.

AndreC

Just rent an entire server house dedicated to backups! A few thousand a month is only a minor blade of grass!

I wish.

sUp5rET.png