sUp5rET.png

So Help You God - The Future Of Judiciary

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
200px-US-CourtOfAppeals-9thCircuit-Seal.svg.png

Judiciary - The Future?

ad4fc4f3f176fc576728a4ba99ea08a9.png

It is a bright, warm Saturday morning, Morgan McGill sets off for work, he had a criminal case at 8, a few warrant requests from the police over mid-day and a civil case in the afternoon - that hefty wage better be worth it, right? Billy Joels "Piano Man" plays loudly on Los Santos Rock Radio as he cruises towards the city hall. Now, normally, my idea for criminal cases is that in the IC jail, the player can then declare himself guilty and take the jail sentence as it is, or he can exercise his constitutional rights and take it to court, however, if he is found guilty at court, his jail sentence will be doubled (to prevent people from spamming the court), at the court, the arresting and involved officer, the suspect and his lawyer will sit in front of a judge (who will be oocly called in, let's be honest, when am I ever offline though) and a jury. (There will be an announcement where players can /jury to be selected on the jury providing they have no major felonies.) The classical thought of "Innocent until proven guilty" will take full effect and the police department will have to submit evidence. This could be anything from /status bodycam footage or ticket identifiers (finally gives them a purpose!). The jury can then decide to /guilty or /notguilty which would decide the fate of the player. The judge in some instances can overturn the decision of the jury, however this "veto" will rarely be used. If there is no duty, the judge will hear and decide on the case. The case apply for appeal in some cases.

So, Criminal_Rutger wants to appeal his case for arrest for owning 10 M4s and driving really fast in residential areas, he takes it to court and is TP'd as long with the arresting officer (and a lawyer if one is provided, if not, the state can appoint one for you), now, the evidence is heavily against him, ticket identifiers show it was his car that was speeding, bodycams and dashcams show the weapon storage with no proof of tampering of evidence. In this case, before he had a 24 hour jail sentence, now, the jury votes guilty for him and he is sent to a 48 hour jail sentence. All evidence should be reviewed properly. Morgan_McGill bangs his hammer and goes for warrant permits.

Mid-Day
Edward_Reed and Luis_Zuniga are summoned to McGill's office. They are asking for an arrest warrant for Vincenzo_Vercetti, To obtain a warrant, a police officer typically submits a written affidavit to a judge or magistrate. The affidavit, given under oath, must recite sufficient factual information to establish probable cause that a crime was committed and that the person named in the warrant committed it. If this is approved, the arrest warrant will be approved, in the case of a search warrant, the Marshall division will be sent out to search, find, or whatever.

Afternoon
You know how civil cases work - it'll possibly be in-game, or it could be on forums if scheduling does not work, like it works now. Except Jury trials could be requested in this case.

Extra
Petty crimes, like speeding or parking, or other crimes that will cause a court summoning for fines, if you do not attend these, you could be subject to an arrest warrant.

I am looking for all suggestions, Make Courts Great Again! And let's fill it with people that have no intention to abuse, or will face severe consequences for the smallest part of abusing, maybe a law test required?

Thank you <3

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
Reminder that this isn't for definite, just something that I wish that I can bring to life in the future :D

AaronM

<b><span style="color:#21c821;"t>Top Donator</b><b
Donator
To be honest, I've been sat talking to the in game, on teamspeak, skype and discord for the past few days and I've had you actually explain to me what the First Court is and the things they do and to be honest, you show a lot of interest and accuracy to the government and with helping MTA:RP.

I've seen your work, I've seen your roleplay and your knowledge and to be honest... I hope it all goes well :D

Good luck man!

Turco

Turco
I actually like the concept of In-game cases, It has new unique way to RP and stuff.

There are fiew obvious flaws of doing In-game court sessions, people trolling while case is being handled (( Mainly IC Troll )), People not showing up to the exact court date. ETC

What I like about In-Game court cases? Obiously they are such a " Big event " to be part of, it's mainly " Big " because other events aren't so interesting and no one forces people to join those events. Also it add's so realistic aspects to the game.

What do I expect from SAFC? I expect very talented people, with a good knowlage of the U.S Law, and federal rights, I suggest making a test for new Judges/Attorneys/Lawyers etc, for prove that they know their stuff.

Conclusion: I'd suggest, keeping SAFC " Somewhat " Forum faction, if other players say YES, to an In-Game case I would suggest to adjust a perfect time for everyone!

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
It would be much better IC. Like it wouldnt take hours before someone replies in the court in the forums, and such... More RP ig, and stuff. I want it IG :D

sUp5rET.png