sUp5rET.png

Small Update

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Just a small update of Information...

We were previously having issues with Lag within the server, and this was due to the Processor.

We upgraded the server and that lag issue has disappeared. However starting Yesterday the DDoS attacks that we see have greatly gotten worse. We are seeing attacks at 2-3Gbps, which will get our server Null Routed when it happens. (as of posting this we are null routed)

We are exploring the possibility of upgrading yet again, To be able to stop a 3Gbps DDoS. (Meaning our protection would stop 3Gbps and our total overall input would be 4Gbps) but the upgrade is not cheap.. Adding an additional 200$ on to our monthly price.

As you guys know we have had issues with PayPal in the past, with our account getting suspended, and our most recent PayPal account is currently in the same state, requesting more information. It has enough to cover this Upgrade on it, However it is Suspended until March 1st, When Joel can get it back.
Until then, we have opened a new PayPal account to manage donations with, With the help of Primeau. That paypal is Live, and donations can now be accepted through PayPal again.
Upgrading the server will bring our Monthly Total to $660/month for a server..

I will announce if we do actually decide to do the upgrade, or if we choose to wait out the ddos attacks to see if they eventually get bored with what their doing. If you would like to help us upgrade, we need about 200$ (that we could easily pull from our old paypal, but again its suspended until march 1st) so if you want to help, Simply go over to the donate page, and like it up :p

More information to come!
Thanks!

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
$660!!!. Dang.

Yeah, its pretty insane.. But we have tried "Cheap" ddos protection, who Claimed to offer 10Gbps, but we went offline at 100Mbps lol. So, I guess you get what you pay for..

pittfan498

Donator
Donator
Well if you report it maybe they'll monitor our server and track it, just report it ello or blake is gonna have a BF

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Truth is, 99% of DDoS attacks get away. Its not something that they really have the technology to Monitor..

So, I just spoke with the server company, And they are offering us a massive deal, to upgrade 3 Levels, to 5Gbps Protection, for only 250 more. We are probably going to do it. Just waiting on some PayPal donations to accumulate :p

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Truth is, 99% of DDoS attacks get away. Its not something that they really have the technology to Monitor..

So, I just spoke with the server company, And they are offering us a massive deal, to upgrade 3 Levels, to 5Gbps Protection, for only 250 more. We are probably going to do it. Just waiting on some PayPal donations to accumulate :p

Probably going to donate on the 1st March when I get my paycheck lol.
Damn those kids are going to be so sad when they realize they can't DDoS us anymore, I can barely wait haha!

Lime11

Would be Ironic if the server whos offering you the upgrade is the one thats DDOSsing you. lol
Think about it.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
The upgrade has been processed!

Once the IP is un Nulled, we will be protected :)

™ Ice ™

I wish you luck guys raising the money to help you, also goodluck dealing with the current attacks towards the community.

PlayerX1994

Why was your paypal account suspended anyway? I mean, there must be a reason that Paypal should feel the need to suspend your account. I'm just curious as to why they would do such a thing.

And btw lets hope this fixes the DDoS attacks, because i'll be honest, I was thinking about leaving the server earlier today because of the recent spike in DDoS attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Why was your paypal account suspended anyway? I mean, there must be a reason that Paypal should feel the need to suspend your account. I'm just curious as to why they would do such a thing.

And btw lets hope this fixes the DDoS attacks, because i'll be honest, I was thinking about leaving the server earlier today because of the recent spike in DDoS attacks.

They call it a random review. They apparently select accounts at random to verify more info on, Such as Social Security Number, and etc. We were suspended several times requesting the same info over and over... So thats what the issue is now, We have submitted the info several times, but it never unsuspends.

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
They call it a random review. They apparently select accounts at random to verify more info on, Such as Social Security Number, and etc. We were suspended several times requesting the same info over and over... So thats what the issue is now, We have submitted the info several times, but it never unsuspends.

I personally thinks that paypal is just alot of trouble.

Camega

Donator
Donator
This is good news! The attacks have been really disruptive lately and there's been several times where I've wanted to play but can't because the server is down or having issues due to the attacks.

sUp5rET.png