sUp5rET.png

Server Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Ah, yes, the eternal debate on MTA:RP. I really could care less what happens as I rarely login anymore (for good reason), but it's pretty sad when you guys can't see the evidence that's staring you in the face.
-Resets in the past have only hurt the server, not improved.
-If people wanted life-simulation, extremely hardcore roleplay, the server reputation precedes itself in saying this isn't the place for it. MTA:RP has gained notoriety as a lighter-roleplay environment - whether that was intended by pushing a donation-based agenda or acquired over time by player actions in-game is irrelevant. It is what it is. (I'm not trying to insult, i love mtarp but we all know this)
- The only thing currently attracting old players to the server is a bit of nostalgia - which stats play a factor in. Most people, myself included, don't login due to the lackluster staffing and general 'we dont give a fuck' attitude among management in most aspects of the server. The only thing that's going to come from a reset is more donations, and y'all know this.

Besides - a server's economy can't thrive with the same 3-8 people all trying to make money.. It just won't work. Do yourselves a favor and do a full fresh start from the top. A fresh staff team (yes, everyone) and reworked set of rules that actually get enforced is what the server needs if there's any chance of revival. Or - do as kyle suggests and make appropriate changes to reflect the current econony. Maybe then people would be enticed to return, but as far as i'm concerned you guys shot yourselves in the leg a long time ago and are still trying to walk on it.

Never thought i'd say this - but i'm with Kdog on this one. (now hopefully he wont ban me for this reply)

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Ah, yes, the eternal debate on MTA:RP. I really could care less what happens as I rarely login anymore (for good reason), but it's pretty sad when you guys can't see the evidence that's staring you in the face.
-Resets in the past have only hurt the server, not improved.
-If people wanted life-simulation, extremely hardcore roleplay, the server reputation precedes itself in saying this isn't the place for it. MTA:RP has gained notoriety as a lighter-roleplay environment - whether that was intended by pushing a donation-based agenda or acquired over time by player actions in-game is irrelevant. It is what it is. (I'm not trying to insult, i love mtarp but we all know this)
- The only thing currently attracting old players to the server is a bit of nostalgia - which stats play a factor in. Most people, myself included, don't login due to the lackluster staffing and general 'we dont give a fuck' attitude among management in most aspects of the server. The only thing that's going to come from a reset is more donations, and y'all know this.

Besides - a server's economy can't thrive with the same 3-8 people all trying to make money.. It just won't work. Do yourselves a favor and do a full fresh start from the top. A fresh staff team (yes, everyone) and reworked set of rules that actually get enforced is what the server needs if there's any chance of revival. Or - do as kyle suggests and make appropriate changes to reflect the current econony. Maybe then people would be enticed to return, but as far as i'm concerned you guys shot yourselves in the leg a long time ago and are still trying to walk on it.

Never thought i'd say this - but i'm with Kdog on this one. (now hopefully he wont ban me for this reply)

You’ve done nothing to warrant a ban. And you’re right- a lot of it is that feeling of nostalgia. We need to just embrace what we have to work with on the server and move with it, not against it.

A full evaluation of the cost of everything, as well as the current economy standings. (IE: How long does it take to make 1mill without a stat transfer) and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png