sUp5rET.png

Queue 2019 - Welcome To The Real World

Skylord

Queue 2019 - Welcome To The Real World!

First Off, Queue the Music!
[video=youtube;8Nvpfl69iTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nvpfl69iTw[/video]​

The Start Of Something New
Welcome to 2019 Multi Theft Auto Roleplay! Many of you may be receiving this post by E-Mail, or simply being part of the active community. Regardless, this information and plan is applicable to all.

First off, let me introduce myself. Without going into much detail, I was a member of the community way way back when the numbers were high and in the 80s. I watched the fall of the Dinapolis, witnessed the Jurisdiction war of Country Sheriffs Department, State Police Department and Los Santos Police Department. I watched the server shift between Los Santos to Red County and back, I've witnessed the server go through ups and downs. In the recent year or two, I haven't been active, but guess what ladies and gentlemen? I am back!

Lots has happened to Multi Theft Auto over the past few years. We've risen and we've fallen, we've risen and fallen again. A community needs 3 key components to operate:

1. A Playerbase
2. A ACTIVE and SUPPORTIVE Administration Team
3. A Stable Economy.

Right now, we have fallen short of all three. Don't give up hope! Together, we shall rise again.

Players of MTA:RP, this is where you come in.

Community Uprising Forum

Welcome to the Community Uprising Forum. "Forum" in the sense of input in order to gain ideas and figure out which way to shift the community. We want your input. Answer the following questions, and we will consider your input! We want to see MTA:RP Live on.

1: Our Economy needs to be repaired, how would you like to see us fix this issue?
2: What would you like to see happen, in order for YOUR PERSONAL activity to return?
3: What do you believe we should do in order to eliminate existing P2W features, whilst still encouraging donations?
4: Where would you like to see MTA:RP in 3 months from now?

All input will be noted, logged and considered!

(YES, THIS POST IS CHOPPY! It's 3AM and I'm tired :) I love you all, lets get MTARP Back on the road!)

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Hi and welcome back, glad to see someone being enthusiastic in this community. :)

I'll try and help you begin the process of reincarnating MTA:RP by answering these questions.

1. Economy in the server is way beyond repair, mostly due to the ability to pay real money to acquire in-game currency, stats and so on. The only possible solution I see is a complete reset of the accounts and characters, so everyone starts from the beginning. Sadly, the only players that play (visit is the real word) the server are the ones that have high net worth on their characters, which means losing them as well after erasing their stats.
  2. One thing that could actually attract players is a complete renovation of the community, and by that, I mostly mean revamping the whole server. From scripts to mappings, that is the main attraction to players. If you go ahead and reset the server's database like I said, new (and actual roleplayers!!!) people won't bother staying on a server with outdated scripts and old-ass mappings dating from Valhalla. The competition is way beyond anyone's reach, and even if you get close to its level, Multi Theft Auto community (whole MTA, not MTA:RP community) will fall apart by then, as more and more people are leaving. So my suggestion is if you're willing to actually work your ass off and invest in this hella' old community, try keeping the gameplay of this community, which falls somewhere between RP and RPG. We all know this was never a full RP server, far from that, but it was not RPG either. So keep it as it always was, wars between factions, Costello vs LSPD, Dinapoli & Reid families, that's what it was always about. Rarely anyone cared about only RPing, which always comes down to just typing rather than shooting the fuck out of each other on a driveby. I'm the first lad that can say that's what I remember MTA:RP from, evading, chasing, and shooting, BUT through roleplay. Sure, it was unrealistic to get chased down and after evading successfully drive around IGS just to get chased again, but we all enjoyed it. So keep it as it was, and adjust the server to that kind of gameplay, as I believe it is the only way you'll attract new and old players. Full roleplay server is way beyond anyone's reach, but this just might work.
  3. Pay to win was the most hated thing in this community, yet most of the people still took that same opportunity, including me. Funny though, I know that p2w is actually the reason the community has kept on living for so long. But never the less, it's about time to get it completely erased from the server. If you still want donations (I know you do, Ello), come up with new ways by looking through some other games. For example, CS:GO has custom skins for weapons that give you no advantage upon others but the badass looks, so why don't you make it that only donators can have some certain ped skin/clothes, or perhaps custom animations, pets?? Lots of abilities, all you need is creativity and probably a developer.
  4. In 3 months from now, I'd like to see the same old gameplay as it was years ago, but with greater script and administration improvements. Looking at the administration a few years ago, it was little to say horrible and incapable of doing a single good thing for the community. If you won't be strict with picking your own staff, you might as well shut this whole thing down right now. Remember Bunny, Torecee, Buurman, Braunson? You may call them names, tell players they did no good to the community, but I remember the server was at its most glorious days when they were leading it, and every single one of them is a mature and intelligent grown-up capable of making good decisions with no corruption involved. Those are kind of people you need to lead a successful community, because otherwise, it'll end up nowhere. Going back to the server development, I hope you realize it's not as easy to find decent and capable developers that'll help you in this project of yours, especially trustworthy ones. Because without a proper dev team, you can't progress. Multi Theft Auto is all about who's got the better scripts, then comes the community itself.

Hope I've helped you, and best of luck!

jenkins

1: There is no real way to fix the economy without a complete wipe. There's too much money on the server and no way to spend it, so it's never gonna go away.
2: I would prefer the handling system that *** has. It makes the plain old vehicles a lot more interesting, opens up a lot of roleplay for street racers and mechanics. This would to a lot to make the server more interesting. That's just reality that most people like to jack off to their virtual vehicles on roleplay servers.
3: The saddest thing about this whole server was the p2w. That was what really threw me off. Other projects, *** for example, get donations and don't hurt the roleplay. People could donate for custom licence plates, the ability to add custom interiors, mappings, the ability to add more than one custom skin, name changes, unbans, ability to use clothing items and so on. Those are a few things that come to mind.
4: A server that is able to offer alternatives to the features that other modern roleplay servers have on MTA.

This post seems a little lazy and all over the place, but personally I don't have much faith in this server. I enjoyed my few months on it while it was pretty active (I guess a year ago or so), but it doesn't look like the people who manage it have the spark, faith and time to keep this whole thing going.

Hope there's a comeback tho!

Deerhunter0404

Donator
Donator
I honestly think we need a server reset and how ever much u paid u get something in the new place and change it until u cannot pay to win

NamE

<b><span style="color:#0099FF";>Feelsbadman</b><br
Donator
Hi and welcome back, glad to see someone being enthusiastic in this community. :)

I'll try and help you begin the process of reincarnating MTA:RP by answering these questions.

1. Economy in the server is way beyond repair, mostly due to the ability to pay real money to acquire in-game currency, stats and so on. The only possible solution I see is a complete reset of the accounts and characters, so everyone starts from the beginning. Sadly, the only players that play (visit is the real word) the server are the ones that have high net worth on their characters, which means losing them as well after erasing their stats.
  2. One thing that could actually attract players is a complete renovation of the community, and by that, I mostly mean revamping the whole server. From scripts to mappings, that is the main attraction to players. If you go ahead and reset the server's database like I said, new (and actual roleplayers!!!) people won't bother staying on a server with outdated scripts and old-ass mappings dating from Valhalla. The competition is way beyond anyone's reach, and even if you get close to its level, Multi Theft Auto community (whole MTA, not MTA:RP community) will fall apart by then, as more and more people are leaving. So my suggestion is if you're willing to actually work your ass off and invest in this hella' old community, try keeping the gameplay of this community, which falls somewhere between RP and RPG. We all know this was never a full RP server, far from that, but it was not RPG either. So keep it as it always was, wars between factions, Costello vs LSPD, Dinapoli & Reid families, that's what it was always about. Rarely anyone cared about only RPing, which always comes down to just typing rather than shooting the fuck out of each other on a driveby. I'm the first lad that can say that's what I remember MTA:RP from, evading, chasing, and shooting, BUT through roleplay. Sure, it was unrealistic to get chased down and after evading successfully drive around IGS just to get chased again, but we all enjoyed it. So keep it as it was, and adjust the server to that kind of gameplay, as I believe it is the only way you'll attract new and old players. Full roleplay server is way beyond anyone's reach, but this just might work.
  3. Pay to win was the most hated thing in this community, yet most of the people still took that same opportunity, including me. Funny though, I know that p2w is actually the reason the community has kept on living for so long. But never the less, it's about time to get it completely erased from the server. If you still want donations (I know you do, Ello), come up with new ways by looking through some other games. For example, CS:GO has custom skins for weapons that give you no advantage upon others but the badass looks, so why don't you make it that only donators can have some certain ped skin/clothes, or perhaps custom animations, pets?? Lots of abilities, all you need is creativity and probably a developer.
  4. In 3 months from now, I'd like to see the same old gameplay as it was years ago, but with greater script and administration improvements. Looking at the administration a few years ago, it was little to say horrible and incapable of doing a single good thing for the community. If you won't be strict with picking your own staff, you might as well shut this whole thing down right now. Remember Bunny, Torecee, Buurman, Braunson? You may call them names, tell players they did no good to the community, but I remember the server was at its most glorious days when they were leading it, and every single one of them is a mature and intelligent grown-up capable of making good decisions with no corruption involved. Those are kind of people you need to lead a successful community, because otherwise, it'll end up nowhere. Going back to the server development, I hope you realize it's not as easy to find decent and capable developers that'll help you in this project of yours, especially trustworthy ones. Because without a proper dev team, you can't progress. Multi Theft Auto is all about who's got the better scripts, then comes the community itself.

Hope I've helped you, and best of luck!

I'd do this honestly. There's nothing to lose, right Ello?

Try to get some old Head Administrators to help you (i.e. Bunny, Torecee or hell, even Braunson) because this server is dead to be completely honest. We are trying to revive it and we need good people who can bring this back to life. I will help as much as I can. As a former administrator, I know a thing or two so hit me up if you need any help.

Send me a PM if you want my number.

Good luck!

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
This server has died off many times but it always seems to rise again. It was the first RP server i discovered, and what drew me to it was the way I was playing classic GTA Sanandreas, but everywhere i turned something was different from the original game, and it amazed me! One person in particular that taught me how to roleplay was Drjoseevil (is he even still around?) and he introduced me to so much that the server had to offer. I wouldn't complain if there was a complete wipe, I just want to see the server up again with a good playerbase, because for some reason this particular community has always attracted me more than any other. I do believe that a wipe should be done, and pay to win should be removed. I wasn't here to see the server when it first went public, or when the playerbase was up to 80 players, but I would love to see that again. With new games being developed, I doubt the playerbase will ever be that high, but why not implement everything from that time into the current server? Obviously if the playerbase was so high then something was getting done right.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Early last year when I took over, there was a few things I did that in my opinion, need to be repeated in order to revive the server - you don't need to take my suggestions, but as the last two Community Managers failed to revive the server to a state I was able to (not including you - yet), maybe take a solid read through this.

First off and foremost, if you want the staff team to be active, and the players to be active, YOU need to be active. Yes, you - Skylord/Current Community Manager. Get your a$$ in game, and people will follow.

I was on everyday almost all day, as one turned to two, two turned to six, and that turned into sixteen a day, which then became 40+ per day for a few months straight.

Don't say the scripts are too outdated, or the server is not in a good state script wise to revive it as when I revived it (as many may remember) the server was buggy from the car wrap script that caused the server to freeze every single time someone connected, every single time.

Once you get to six players, seek out some staff. Remove those whom need to be removed (honestly, Kane and Xen are two phenomenal people - and man, am I glad I promoted them to their ranks before I left) because the server can't handle too many admins at an early stage.

Keep MTA:RP to its roots, and add small things that the community can interact with. Such as when I did the construction, it was a change of scenery, but people seemed to appreciate it.

The only one capable of making these changes is you, so make it happen.

Yours truly,
- Mach2

Last edited by a moderator:

jakim

Hello everyone,some of the older players might remember me since i was playing here between 2014/2016.. i watched the ups and downs,red county/los santos moves,even a server reset.. i came here after 2 years and the discussion is the same,how to revive the economy,how to attract players back..

i miss having good rp around town,a car crash ,a good shootout with cops and crooks, emt´s and firefighters doing their work as well as other..

in the end all i see is players robbing others on the street,cars going too fast for a town reality and cops that prefer not to get in fights so they don't get ck'ed

(this signature is soooooo outdated)

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
Early last year when I took over, there was a few things I did that in my opinion, need to be repeated in order to revive the server - you don't need to take my suggestions, but as the last two Community Managers failed to revive the server to a state I was able to (not including you - yet), maybe take a solid read through this.

First off and foremost, if you want the staff team to be active, and the players to be active, YOU need to be active. Yes, you - Skylord/Current Community Manager. Get your a$$ in game, and people will follow.

I was on everyday almost all day, as one turned to two, two turned to six, and that turned into sixteen a day, which then became 40+ per day for a few months straight.

Don't say the scripts are too outdated, or the server is not in a good state script wise to revive it as when I revived it (as many may remember) the server was buggy from the car wrap script that caused the server to freeze every single time someone connected, every single time.

Once you get to six players, seek out some staff. Remove those whom need to be removed (honestly, Kane and Xen are two phenomenal people - and man, am I glad I promoted them to their ranks before I left) because the server can't handle too many admins at an early stage.

Keep MTA:RP to its roots, and add small things that the community can interact with. Such as when I did the construction, it was a change of scenery, but people seemed to appreciate it.

The only one capable of making these changes is you, so make it happen.

Yours truly,
- Mach2

Wise words spoken by a wise man. Everything starts with the leader.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Wise words spoken by a wise man. Everything starts with the leader.

<3

Oh, and now my only remarks to this thread:
[video=youtube;eTEZdvOBSHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTEZdvOBSHo[/video]

sUp5rET.png