sUp5rET.png

Promoting legal Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weimy

Recently i have looked to see that we have almost 10 illegal factions, Meaning there is not many factions that are legal, LSIA, HEX, SPD, LSPD, LSES, are the only real legal factions going, that's not many legal factions compared to the gangs and mafia's. Currently with all of the guns going around, it's mostly cops and robbers, Mixed in with a little bit of legal RP. It would be nice to see some more legal rp coming in, in example. Los Santos Public Services, We should be more strict when making a illegal factions.

What can we do to make more legal RP?
- Stop making big gun orders with big D, Make it a one month thing?
- Be more strict on making illegal factions
- Maybe let people make a request for a legal faction, stating what it is, why and do they got members?

This is just my opinion on how to get some more legal rp into the server, without hundreds of gangs running around starting war's or ect.

Maybe add some new jobs to the city hall NPC so players got a bigger varitey

-Trucking job?
- Fishing Job?
etcetera

Discuss

Deagle

+1, there has to be more legal RP like fishing,truck jobs,factorys,pizza delivery etc... And we need to get LSES active again..

Adam_Fairfield

+1 I couldn't agree more. Illegal factions should get once a month shipment unless approved by higher admin for RP reasons.Perhaps better quality control when it comes to RPer's requesting gangs/mafias. Along with adding an activity requirement for the faction members.

As for more jobs, I agree. We more more to select from, different types and ways to keep it interesting.

Callum

The whole job sides of things need redoing in my opinion, here are a few bullet pointed lists of the things I would like to see added to our server which would be completely different and new than other servers.

JOBS REMOVED

Jobs removed from city hall = City Maintenance, Locksmith and Mechanic ( New players take these jobs, but then are like WTF do I do?)

City Maintenance
- This is a Job that nobody takes as its quite simply boring. I suggest making it so only LSPS has this job and its their problem if there is a build up in gang-tags around the city. They also have the sweeper job and will have the trashmaster job in the future - as well with the passive roleplay this faction is set.

Mechanic Job - I have had numerous people wanting to get a 'car/towtruck' when getting this city hall job, and to be honest its again a not very well paid job, so what I would like to see if a brand new faction which will be in charge of upgrades and tints etc, but without the ability to impound vehicles, still giving roleplay to Hex. Also I think Hex should still get the ability to do the upgrades, however their main point of call would be purely towing.

Locksmith Job - pretty pointless, nobody roleplays it - I think its best just to change that command around so all admins can do it and it charges the player automatically when you do the command.

JOBS MODIFIED
Taxi Job - Needs a lot of rework to this since not many people roleplay for a taxi. I would suggest making a script (I have seen something like this before) where as a taxi driver you can drive around and then all of a sudden a ped is created in a random place and you can go pick the ped up and take them to their location they want to go to. The prices would vary since the distances would be greater than others. (Cannot be done on a fare basis, or this would be cause for abuse)

JOBS ADDED

This is still pretty limited as to the things in game that can be actually done, but the jobs on the list can be easily updated with a few new ones that actually pay roughly the same as the current jobs available.

Pizzaboy Job - Pretty simple same concept as the delivery job, just a different vehicle and location.

Paperboy Job - Again same concept

Trucking Job - Large trucker and you have to have a trailer attached to the back of it and you can go all around San Andreas to deliver your shipments, and the money you get varies on the distance.

Fishing Job - Keep the current fishing job in place, but also make it a city hall job where you can get more money and you don't need a fishing rod as RPly they would be using nets with this job and the haulage would be greater.

Dock Worker/Forkilift Job - Make a forklift job around the docks, which will add more roleplay for hex since they will have to watch out for the forklift drivers and vice versa. (Collision set so the forklifts cannot be taken out of the docks)

Farm Workers - Make something with the Tractor and Combine Harvester where again there is the checkpoints and you have to go through them (With this job as it would probably be made that you have to go from farm to farm then add some sort of safety idea where if the player does not reach the next checkpoint in a certain time frame the vehicle is spawned back so it cannot be used to go into LS - or some sort of collision on all of the tolls so the vehicle is not allowed through, or again the vehicle gets respawned.)

Coach - One whole big route like the bus job, however this takes you round the whole of San Andreas to key places in the game as tourist attractions.

ALL CITY HALL JOBS UPDATE - Make it so in your city hall job you can do a certain number of runs/routes (like 500) and then be able to be promoted within the city hall job itself. This would be a great way for those who just really want to do city hall jobs to slowly earn more money.

NEW FACTION IDEAS

Construction Faction - A faction that roleplays going around and doing interior changes etc. Depending on the current interior size and upgrade they want etc.. then that depends on how much it costs. After its been roleplayed then the interior can be changed by an admin, but still creating roleplay of another type.

Rentable Car Faction - When the high performance RENTABLE cars are taken from the normal car shops, set up a faction that roleplays renting high performance vehicles and make a brand new script for that faction that will automatically charge them per payday and give that money to the faction that rents the vehicle. The rent can be put on the vehicle on how long they have got, so they vehicle can be rented from anywhere between 1 to 7 days at a time, and if they want to keep renting then they can go back and get the time extended.

Wedding and Funerals Faction - Have to apply on the forums for a wedding or funeral and it costs to get married. (Can be extended to baptisms/christenings or whatever....)

CURRENT FACTION - UPGRADES
Government Faction - This creates a lot of roleplay if people want to spend their time doing it. This would have to be set up and properly ran and not make it fail again.

San Andreas Network - Make it so they can attach camera to vehicles as this will create a new thing for TV shows, also a newspaper in game a bit like how the Notice is shown when you log in. Add something to the forums and that can be dragged into the game once a week with actual news.

LSIA - Need to organize server events and plane trips to LV and SF and more roleplay in the skies. /AIR needs to be used more often whenever a plane wants to take off or land. Make it so there is a traffic control center and they can see how high someone is above the ground etc and see if they are about to fly into restricted areas.

Uni-Tel - Add new items into the game that only Uni-Tel can purchase and have they actually exciting so it makes players want to buy them, not just boring generic objects. (Or take out furniture/security shop and make them Uni-Tel only)

Well, that's me out of ideas for now.... let me know what ideas you like and what you do not :)

Note - if you have any Job ideas without involving vehicles then please share!

Last edited by a moderator:

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
The whole job sides of things need redoing in my opinion, here are a few bullet pointed lists of the things I would like to see added to our server which would be completely different and new than other servers.

Note - if you have any Job ideas without involving vehicles then please share!
I can agree with most of the listed above things.. but The one thing that needs to be fixed now, instead of making ANOTHER faction, Why not we take over, and boost the activity of Hex.. Its had long enough to set here and do absolutely shit all..

My only fear for the new faction ideas is getting activity, and making them stay active.. as for the jobs, i love them :)

Im not sure how the locksmith job works right now (dont know what it charges etc) but you cant carve a key by hand.. instead of making it a Admin thing, why not make a object that the person needs to buy, called Griding Rock, where they can grind down a key and make one with it... Maybe anyone with these rocks does not actually need the "Job" just the rock.. (Still charge them for the materials to do so tho)

Thats my only additions id do to the idea.

As for smithies post, We are starting to work on building the faction review team, I have asked Dave Smith to head it and get it started for us. Hopefully we get that off the ground soon :)

T

Tsubaki

+1, honestly I don't get why we have so many offical illegal factions. IMHO, you only need about 2-3 of them max.

M

Majorpluraeng

One plus on the SAN paragraph. There is little to no means for interaction with SAN ingame due to lacking interest of players (a big slice of the playerbase-cake is what I mean by that) to look into the forums more where I'm currently forced to limit my SAN work to via i.e newspapers. Applications have been open for long but I've only recieved about two apps namely having been rejected for various reasons you can see for yourselves. As a faction supposed to be a medium, I'm wishing for much greater interaction with the general server population, however lacking the manpower doesn't really stack the opportunities in my favor to come up with i.e gameshows and potential events downtown.

xXSupaFlexXx

Banned User
Donator
+1
I did apply for a legal faction (Perry's Used Auto) but my request was never reviewed, on top of the fact that I don't have a business license and I can't risk getting a fine.
I was also robbed so I WILL be applying for my guns license, if and only if I am accepted, I will soon continue the Perry's Used Auto company.

F

Furino

Tbh, we had to wait for almost one month for Big D to make gun orders. During this time the only "faction" who robbed other players and tried to provoke a "gangwar" were the so called Elegy Knights. I'm supporting your idea of more legal factions, but first of all you should attend to fill the current ones.. There's almost no activity in some of them.

Chase

Tbh, we had to wait for almost one month for Big D to make gun orders. During this time the only "faction" who robbed other players and tried to provoke a "gangwar" were the so called Elegy Knights. I'm supporting your idea of more legal factions, but first of all you should attend to fill the current ones.. There's almost no activity in some of them.

The person who ran Big D some time ago, Kalvin, quit - recently another person has taken over Big D and reviews the Gun Licenses :)

Chase

He's pretty good at it, and sexy - are you sure thats you :p ^

And no, infact if you don't notice the illegal factions so often, that's because they're being ran by either smart people or just lazy ones. From what I see, the current factions mostly recruit from IG but yes, I have seen some pretty good players who actually know how to keep their work under the radar. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png