• Poll closed .

samyong

Project Potential

Contents
1 - Introduction
2 - Project Volunteers
3 - Standards and Values

Introduction.

For far too long MTA-RP has been limited to its potential, and now that the population is booming it is high time that the roleplay skills expected here are elevated to an appreciable level by most. In order to do this there will need to be support by most people here in this community, but so far there are only a handful of members willing to help out; and these people are:

Project Volunteers.
(In game name or forum names are provided)

Samyong
Substance D
DeadCherry
Phintias
Y02R
Ms Princess2

If you would like help out with Project Potential feel free to contact any of the members above or myself to apply to assist; remember that we are looking after experienced and good roleplayers to help out.

Standards and Values.

The standard of roleplay that this project is expecting is to enhance the experience that everyone can have while roleplaying on MTA-RP; with many players on at given times the make for an increasing amount of opportunities for roleplay. Currently MTA-RP offers limited roleplay oppurtunities with the differentiating skill levels of each individual roleplayer.

Some of the goals that Project Potential has, are listed below:

Increased expectation of roleplaying skills.
Better understanding of roleplay terms and rules.
The removal of binded emotes.
Encouragement of turn based roleplay.
Discouragement of police provocation.
Being happy to answer questions regarding roleplay.
OOC insults - when to draw the line.

Note: this will apply to all Admins and GMs when and if this is kicked into motion.

Increased Expectation of roleplaying skills.

That's it, the skills of roleplaying will be expected to get better over time and with the help of roleplaying schools volunteers offer to help set up, the patience required to do this will be phenomenal; but with the time and effort this can be made a reality.

Better understanding of roleplay terms and rules.

The understanding of many roleplay terms needs to be improved; there are few guides that explain these in detail, here is my roleplaying guide that explains these in detail:

Roleplay Guide 101

Removal of binded emotes.

Unclear emotes are against the rules and to be honest they look like absolute shit when 2 or 3 people use their binded emotes at the same time, it looks rehearsed and are not needed, if the potential is reached, of which we will try our best to ensure that it is; the expectations will be so that everyone should be given fair trial when emoting; which brings us to the...

Encouragement of turn based roleplay.

Roleplay is turn based which basically means that players take it in turns to do an action; much like a conversation. When roleplaying with /me's and such, players should wait for the player they are roleplaying with to say or do something. If players are fighting, they should take it in turns to punch one another with clearly described emotes and to attempt, or try their actions.

s/f is OOCly used in IC channels and is against the rules. /me and /do are IC channels, not OOC channels and give little oppurtunity for creativity when constructing an emote to try punch someone; for comparison.

Attempt/try method.

*Samurai Sam arcs his Katana-baring arm toward Super villain Joel's head swiftly, attempting to pierce through his neck cleanly to cut it off.

s/f method

*Samurai Sam swings his sword and would cut Super villain Joel's head off.
*s/f (( Samurai Sam ))

The expectations are realistic in this sense as so many people enjoy fighting one another, it's like our primal instincts are realized in this game and that everyone can just go about hitting people for no good reason.

Being Happy to Answer Your Questions.

Each and every volunteer in Project Potential are happy to answer questions relative to roleplay and will do so in a nice, reliable fashion - just ask for our alts in-game and keep note of who we are and we will try answer your questions as quickly and efficiently as we can to save waiting time on your /reports - but do still use f2 to report most things as some of the admins stilll need an oppurtunity to make you as players wait for no end to answer your reports.

OOC insults - where to draw the line.

This rule is abused profusely and is infuriating to many people as they say one thing wrong in an OOC channel and it is all over red rover for them.
There is an expectation to all that they shouldn't feel the need to get that insulted over a slight insult such as 'you are a fucking liar', or 'fuck you', regardless of the severity; this rule is complete nonsense and just protects those who don't have the backbone to take a small insult. So what, you've been called a dick, so what - many other people are; everyone should be mature enough so that these insults are NOT dished out, but also, that the insults can be taken without getting so upset about them.

This is all Project Potential has in mind for now, more ideas and suggestions can be taken upon discussion - and will be listed if accepted.

Revision of the Server rules is required and should be made compulsory for ALL players to read prior to joining the server; because it is not compulsory many players join and do not know, nor abide by the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phintias

I completely support this and is an absolute must to reform and give MTA RP what it really needs to the community... :)

DeadCherry

Hoping to see this take effect. A lot of the RP has become focused on gangs. Which you can't really stop the motives of players but honestly I actually hope we can see players more together and less bias things regarding factions OOC and IC'ly. Hoping to see creative roleplay player run independent buisness's and more "Mateship" like roleplay. Bonding and story telling between characters and character development! That would be just great! :)

Y02R

DeadCherry;8994 A lot of the RP has become focused on gangs.[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, that's true. Before the massive growth of the population there were only two gangs and two mafias.
There were Cripz ( Sirus ), Mercy St (Me), Dinapolis (Ben Dinapoli) And The Evans family (Can't remember)
Every faction had like 3-6 members. Then it rapidly increased. But together with the increase of the payerbase, also increased the number of 'Noobs' (Btw, if someone doesn't know, this word wasn't made to insult people. It was made to describe etc the people that are new to any sort of game.) But there was also a increase of people that were saying we were DDoSing other servers and that is the reason we have so many players.
But we didn't lol. We have been DDoSed before by the servers that thought we were too good and we had to be stopped ;) and that''s why we do not DDoS people.
But yeah, we really need that. You got a massive +1 and a positive vote from me. And if I do not need to be IG for this, cause my gta Broke and I STILL can not fix it, I cannot connect to the server. So if It can be done on the forums, you can add me. :p

samyong

Yeah, that's true. Before the massive growth of the population there were only two gangs and two mafias.
There were Cripz ( Sirus ), Mercy St (Me), Dinapolis (Ben Dinapoli) And The Evans family (Can't remember)
Every faction had like 3-6 members. Then it rapidly increased. But together with the increase of the payerbase, also increased the number of 'Noobs' (Btw, if someone doesn't know, this word wasn't made to insult people. It was made to describe etc the people that are new to any sort of game.) But there was also a increase of people that were saying we were DDoSing other servers and that is the reason we have so many players.
But we didn't lol. We have been DDoSed before by the servers that thought we were too good and we had to be stopped ;) and that''s why we do not DDoS people.
But yeah, we really need that. You got a massive +1 and a positive vote from me. And if I do not need to be IG for this, cause my gta Broke and I STILL can not fix it, I cannot connect to the server. So if It can be done on the forums, you can add me. :p

Know what's wrong with your GTA? Did you mod singleplayer files and now when you play on MTA it doesn't work, or load?

I'll add you to the list of helpers; but most of this will need to be done IG; and also there sohuld be a revamp and revision of the server rules to make them more clear. Thank you for your support. :)

Y02R

No, I know what it is lol. I just need to either find a massive memory stick or get someone to send their Gta in a rar on my PC. Cuz the problem is, this laptop cannot go on online games I think. I tried going on some other games but it is the same error, times out. So .. The only thing I need to do, is someone to send me it on my PC or the memory stick, I can't find it as well ffs. :D And samyong, do you have me on skype? :p The details are are beneath in my singature.

samyong

Why not Torrent GTA:SA? The game is not manufactured and is difficult to find in retail shops, so why not download it? I can send you a link through Skype if you want.

Chase

Most of today's roleplay is soft powergaming.

People who use their gun bind then immediately shoot. Like noah.

Chase

Yanno why? - Cuz Im A GunSlinger From Texas ;)

Either way...

Roleplay needs to improve within the whole server, because I myself will tell you..

I don't roleplay most of the things I do, meaning, I am a passive roleplayer.
I roleplay when I need to, when I'm around and you see me, you'll likely see me roleplay, but if an admin were to recon me for an hour or two, you'll see most of my actions in what ever I do, 90% Non RP...
Most might be too little to care for, but I crash into poles and not RP it, no ones around! I'm already fine, no one needs to see my RP..

But I gained this from being here, just created a little lack for it...

samyong

Either way...

Roleplay needs to improve within the whole server, because I myself will tell you..

I don't roleplay most of the things I do, meaning, I am a passive roleplayer.
I roleplay when I need to, when I'm around and you see me, you'll likely see me roleplay, but if an admin were to recon me for an hour or two, you'll see most of my actions in what ever I do, 90% Non RP...
Most might be too little to care for, but I crash into poles and not RP it, no ones around! I'm already fine, no one needs to see my RP..

But I gained this from being here, just created a little lack for it...

That's what Project Potential will attempt to do; it will encourage roleplay as MTA-RP is an RP server.

Substance D

Donator
Donator
I support this 100%. This is still just an idea and I plan on putting work into making it possible. We are going to need more volunteers and meetings. Aswell as some community support which it would appear we have for the most part.

samyong

I have started making preparations and will make a group chat on Skype just for this for meetings; if you are listed as a volunteer and don't have me on Skype; I recommend you do so.
andsamdev

Kaiser

Donator
Donator
Considering most, if not all, on the list for helpers are gang/violent/action rpers, I give a -1. Honestly, I think we need people to teach them passive RP and I have not seen it from many on that list.

samyong

That's your opinion, and from what little you've seen from roleplayers on the list is minuscule to go on with, but each to their own.

Kaiser

Donator
Donator
That's your opinion, and from what little you've seen from roleplayers on the list is minuscule to go on with, but each to their own.
The idea of the school is perfectly fine. If you are leading this, that is fine too, as you have guides and you have been here for a good while.

Y02R

Btw, I was a cop before and I have a good idea of Illegal but also of Legal Rp. And I was actually trying to make a buisiness called Argos but my Gta broke. :(

Dom

Being in the ES... on one of my characters, it would be nice to get people roleplaying regular check ups ect... as I don't really get many at the minute.

Substance D

Donator
Donator
Please contact me in game if you are interested in Roleplay ideas for yourself or faction. Mike and I have already started training new people.

sUp5rET.png