Los Santos Police Department
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
Basically It would provide the basic phone script to pop up whenever someone clicks on a payphone world object....
Each payphone would have it's own number something like 000001 and 000002 for people to know it would be a payphone...
Also would be cool if you could call them back..

Advantages/Benefits
- Good For New players that don't or can't buy phones
- Good to Roleplay being anonymous (not the group.... don't go crazy kdog)
- Makes the area look better and cheaper than buying a phone

Disadvantages
If any
- Would charge like $1 or $5 per phone call
- police would have trouble tracking it (but it would make RP more fun)

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted. (NOT THAT HARD)

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Just add them in and if you really want to have a construction company or the city make them RPly....

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Would be easier and cheaper and more convinient for everyone and new players to call people

Additional information:
- Just a small little thing that would be nice... don't deny it because you might not use it much or because it is outdated..... we live in a small town (red county)

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
+1, no disadvantages as Diggy said but it wouldn't hurt to add them in.
i have a slight grudge against payphones as i hit one going 200 and was ck'd

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I'd like to remind you that you can actually use payphones in-game right now, we have it scripted. However this is something different which I'd like to see, +1.

Vercetti

Me likey. +1
gPqAABa.gif

jameshargus

I'd like to remind you that you can actually use payphones in-game right now, we have it scripted. However this is something different which I'd like to see, +1.

What do you mean? I have not seen any mapped at all how do they work currently?

Retex

Banned User
Donator
Let's not forget to mention, you were the one prank calling PD then throwing your phone in your quad bike..

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
This is already a script of, super or lead+ admins can /addpayphone . You can use the pay phones by walking up to them and doing /call. Someone just needs to map in a few phones

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
This is already a script of, super or lead+ admins can /addpayphone . You can use the pay phones by walking up to them and doing /call. Someone just needs to map in a few phones

theres one in monty square that doesnt work

jameshargus

They need to be made then i haven't seen on yet! and as Majachie said it doesn't work not sure if it just that one or what....

Don't agree with that feature at all not very realistic. Not in my area anyways.

Well actually and quite surprisingly, in areas with still payphones in Canada, there are a few that you can sms with, only thing is that obviously you can't receive replies and it's expensive compared to calling but it is available in some areas

jameshargus

Well actually and quite surprisingly, in areas with still payphones in Canada, there are a few that you can sms with, only thing is that obviously you can't receive replies and it's expensive compared to calling but it is available in some areas

Well that is cool... MTA RP is based on GTA SA and GTA SA is based in california. We follow california area standards and laws so yea!

Wuppix

not EU
Well that is cool... MTA RP is based on GTA SA and GTA SA is based in california. We follow california area standards and laws so yea!

but its still been snowing for over a month straight non-stop, which is actually a rare as fuck thing. Oh wait I can just do /snow ? well tell me how I can ICly say that its sunny on my screen but its snowing on yours.

sUp5rET.png