sUp5rET.png

Password Encryption Type Change

Braunson

The real MVP

Important Notice

All passwords currently saved on MTA:RP are required to make a change to switch over to a new method of encryption that is much safer for everyone here at MTA:RP. This is one of the many new changes that we are making to making sure that MTA:RP is fully secured. You may use the same password again in this change, but you have to let the system re-encrypt your password in order to proceed to login. The UCP may be unavailable during this process.

We in no way have been hacked, or had our passwords leaked. This is just to make sure that we are future proof, and more protected.

EDIT: Just finished making the PHP Version of the password changer, banned users can still get access to the ticket center.

Thanks!
~Security

Last edited by a moderator:

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Guessing because of the Heartbleed exploit?

Just wanted to officially add, that Heartbleed had nothing to do with this. We are just working to prevent a Brute Force that one of our Competitors "Claim" to have suffered from. Servers using a Similar script than ours use a MD5 Salt to encrypt passwords, Until now every server's Salt has been the same passphrase. We have changed this for our server as of today. It will be 100% impossible to Brute Force passwords on this new salt.

Cali4Life

Donator
Donator
... I hate this. I already changed my pw like 3 times and everytime i log in i still need to do it for this stupid password encryption thing -.-

Braunson

The real MVP
... I hate this. I already changed my pw like 3 times and everytime i log in i still need to do it for this stupid password encryption thing -.-

We are working to fix this issue. We found it helps if you choose the not remember your username and password option at login. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sUp5rET.png